main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Fan Film Forum -- got plot?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MaxReBoot11, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    This thread is initially aimed at Ryan, since he seems to be the brains behind the beast, but I'm posting it as public so as we get things rolling, everyone with ideas can start pitching in.

If you don't know what I am talking about, check the Rebellion homepage, right side: We want to make our own FanForce Film, yo!

And I happen to be a writer, with experience in creative fiction, non-fiction, and some screenwriting, PLUS I can storyboard, and I was an Industrial Designer, so I can also help with world creation/ costuming concept art.

Since I'm pretty certain everybody has some form of profession occupying the main part of their time (jobs, school, homework, kids, etc.) please add to this thread in your SPARE TIME. It ain't goin' anywhere.
    Start thinking about how to best answer these questions about what we want in a film: Who? What? Where? Why? When? How? Style? ...not only within the context of the Star Wars Saga, but within our real world conditions, because that is where we are making it.

Examples:
    Who? : Could mean specific SW characters, or our cast-- any and all Club members wanting to participate.
    When? : Old Republic, New Order/Empire, Classic Trilogy time, New Republic, New Jedi Order, undefined period, etc....
    Style? : Is this film a new story? A parody or satire on SW? Goofy? Professional as possible? Looks like Star Trek or some other cross-over?

What can YOU add, material wise or in resources? Start thinking before you start typing, and get back to me. Have fun with this!!! :)

~MCL

"Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming,
    we lose the excitement of possibilities.
    Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning."
    ~ Gloria Steinem, American Feminist and Writer

2. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    We actually do have a plot and the script was started but has been shelved for the moment because everyone's been so busy.

And I think the plot was posted around here (at least in very vague form) on one of these threads...we got some good ideas and feedback after Ryan came up the the initial storyline.

As far as characters go there probably won't be a ton. This being our first venture into the fan film scene we thought it best to keep things rather simple and not cause too much chaos. ;)

3. MaxReBoot11

Jan 13, 2003
    sweet!!!

thanks for the info! regardless, any additional help you need, let me know!
    plus, how do i get to the Meeting Minutes? I haven't been able to find or acess any of that stuff yet....
    ~M

4. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    If you go into the yahoo group, there in a folder with the title meeting minutes or something like that. Last weeks haven't been posted yet in part because my computer is dead and because of various other chaos in my life.
    I will try and get those up within the next day.

:)

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey cool, other fanforces are making films :)

Our script is completed, just polishing now :)

Good luck with yours!

6. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Great idea about making a fan film for the Rebellion. Although I don't live in the direct area of Rochester I frequent this Forum often and visit Rochester as much as possible. I do know most of you people though. :D

I'll check up the thread by the way in case any of my 0.02 cents is worth helping scoot along the process. Does anyone have a rough understanding of the plot? :confused:

Good luck. . .

<[-]> Saber

7. MaxReBoot11

Jan 13, 2003
    Just a big FYI to everyone:

Ryan and I are starting to kick at the FanFilm ideas now (it's not really rolling yet) and are beginning work on scripting, character development, plot developement, etc...

If you would like to get involved with this, please contact Ryan, or private-post Ryan, Katie, or Myself with your ideas and stuff...
    Its not that we are looking to keep Club members in the dark about what's going on, its that we want to keep NON-Club members in the dark about it!
    (That way, we don't have another Chapter or someone suddenly and magically appear with a film that is startlingly similar to ours...)

So.. we're working on the beginnings of things. Feel free to add your input! It's appreciated!
    Thanks!
    ~M

8. palpiscloneofdarth

palpiscloneofdarth Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2003
    I would love to do a fan film. Or help with plot or something. Just let me know when and how?

9. NightFire103

NightFire103 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    Im interested, If there is some kind of mailing list, or if I can be put on the contact list so when this kicks off even more, that would be great.
    I would like to have a part in the film. depending where it and when it will be done, would give me a batter idea of what type of part I can do... if any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.