main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Film Idea

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdmiralMowk, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Okay. Here is something I cooked up a few days ago.

A space station is in orbit around one of Coruscant's moons. It's been there for years. This is a government sanctioned space stationed. Aboard are the typical pilots, mechanics, medical officers, but it's a real skeleton crew. See, the station is about to be de-commissioned and imploded, as it is quite obsolete. To celebrate this, the local Coruscant government has allowed a famous musician to take a test flight. By the way, I forgot to mention that this is a dark comedy.

Well, everything seems to be going well, when suddenly, a week before the implosion, a strange cosmic force, divine or alien, the crew knows not, forces the station out of it's orbit and into a collision course with Coruscant. This crash would be enought to wipe out a good fourth of the planet's population. This station is being drawn, pulled even, toward the planet, and no one seems to be able to stop it.

So the film itself is about people, with about 24 hours to live, dealing with their mortality and secrets, all with a touch of dark comedy. I haven't fully fleshed it all out, but that's the basic jist.

So, hit me back and tell me what you think. Or don't, whatever. I haven't been on the boards for a awhile, but I thought this would be a good place for some feedback.

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

2. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Sounds like you shouldn't make it a Star Wars film. Make it something unique.

~Neszis~

3. frosthsky

frosthsky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2002
    I was thinking the same thing.

4. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Sounds like it could be in Theater.

BTW, where's the saber duel in it? And no forests??? WHERE'S THE SITH?

5. AdmiralMowk

Jan 13, 2002
    In response to MattesKrymsod, there is a fully functional, built in forest in the station of course, with it's own organic Sith and lightsaber trees.

Actually, you've seen through my ruse. It's not really a Star Wars fan film. I just said that so I wouldn't be chastised immediately for being off topic. I was just looking for some criticism. Sorry about that.

<meekly> Ideas still welcome though.

Peace Out,

Mark

6. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    NOT A STAR WARS FANFILM? YOU'RE OFF TOPIC! DIE DIE DIE BAN BAN BAN!

~Neszis~

7. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Lies make baby Jesus cry.

You bad man.

M. Scott

8. AdmiralMowk

Jan 13, 2002
    Then CRY JESUS CRY!!!

I'm a horrible man, or so says the stranger standing behind me.

Peace Out,

Mark

9. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Hey, I really like that idea!

I'd say to scratch Coruscant and Star Wars, and make it an original film.

10. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    *PSST*

He admitted just a few posts up that it is an original film, and he only made it SW-related to have an excuse to ask our opinions.

You're one of those people that only reads and responds to the first post of a thread, huh?

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.