main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Fan Film Ideas - Let's Try This Again

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by AceHoly, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    I too enjoyed that clip. I also like your lightwave stuff, very impressive.

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    That clip was a primer into what it takes to make a FanFilm- and the rotoscoping took too long and you can see an artifact in some of the frames unfortunately- the sound mixing was fun however- that was my favorite part- but for a first attempt and the fact I used the only recording equipment I had- that quickcam- I was somewhat pleased- but I knew that I would never be able to make my own film by myself- which is why I joined FanForce.

oooh- and the lightwave stuff- slowly, very slowly, but surely I get better and expand what I can do every so often. In fact I just made a brief clip of 4 seconds showing the NX-01 trailed by the Falcon, a White Star, the Farscape 1 module, the Battlestar Galactica heading towards the International Space Station with a Shuttle docked and the Earth in the background- probably my most ambitious movie clip- only took 14 hours to render 4 seconds of film at 24 fps with medium antialiasing. I want to make a asteroid chase scene sooooooo bad!!!!

3. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    A reply to my own post- ugh... well if anyone who read the last post is intrested in seeing the video I made goto Ruckus MegaWerks
    in the updates go to the page that says Lightwave movies. I'd link directly to it- but you all know Geocities.

4. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    WOW! i got a star next to my name! finally hehehe ;) happy... ok random thought...going back to my hw infested world now...

5. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    Whoohooo I got two stars!

6. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hey Ruckus...

I took a minute to "run" over to your site. I saw it before, but I guess I didn't know you from the board back then.

It looks cool.... gotta have some lightsaber or blaster action in a SW film :)

7. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    My friend Steve is willing to help out with sound and/or video production. He's a little busy this summer (shooting a film with another friend) but he can help us out on his spare time :)

8. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    If we can't get Stef's friend- I can do the video/sound mixing.

9. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Wow, we have a bunch of talented people!
    This is sounding good to me.

Dan

10. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I can't wait till we have our meeting so we can brainstorm!

11. AceHoly

AceHoly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    I've got the video/sound mixing portion of the program all under control. Combination Adobe Premiere, After Effects Production Bundle and Cool Edit 2000 - plus I've got a large stock of Star Wars sounds, with 3 CDs more coming shortly. We won't need to outsource this puppy to a bunch of different places.

12. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    So do I.

13. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, I think the more people we got to do the technical stuff, the easier it will be. Unless of course it's people that we don't usually see or something. Like sandritter, i see him everyday so we could consult and crap. Newho, just an idea. I think we all need a part in this and everyone's creative input will help it be awesome.

14. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Dan is still our City Rep right? I thought we agreed to discuss who will do what when we brainstorm at the next meeting? Maybe I hallucinated that? Nope... I didn't. Hmmm.... what's the point of it all? It's like trying to get up hill with roller skates on.

15. AceHoly

AceHoly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    Everyone's creative input WILL be necessary. But when you're dealing with digitizing of video into computer movie files, the size gets quite large - too large to be transporting files back and forth across many computers. That's why it will be easier to do the post-production editing - including sound - on one system. The one I have at work is set up to handle all of this.

Plus, I've also got a pretty good library of non-SW sound effects - the kind of background and Foley sounds we're likely to need.

16. Equator

Equator Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    Hey everyone. I'm fairly new around here and don't get on the boards as often as I'd like. I also know I'm joining in the middle of a conversation. I'd just like to mention that this is something that I'd be really interested in participating in, if needed.

I have a bit of Film school in my past, though almost no experience outside of that. My primary skill is as a writer. I have been told by numerous people over the years that my writing is spectacular, and a friend of mine even insists that I should have written the prequels instead of Mr. Lucas.

I noticed in an earlier post in this topic someone mentioned that dialogue is often the cheesiest part of fan films. Dialogue is, in fact, one of my particular strong suits in writing, so if nothing else, I'd be happy to assist at least on that aspect.

17. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Glad to have your help!
    There will be a brainstorming session at the April meeting so come with all your ideas!!

Dan

18. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    To Equator

Well it's all just for fun, but I understand what you are saying. I have had people give incentive to publish, but it's just not that easy I tell them.

Do you specifically write just stories or scripts?

19. Equator

Equator Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm mostly a stories guy. I've done short stories, episodic comic book stories, and novellas, all pretty much just for my own enjoyment. There have been a couple of scripts, but this would be my first stab at Star Wars.

I definitely would like to participate in this, but I don't know if I'll be able to make the April meeting if it's held on any of the dates listed in the poll that's here on the board. Weekends are more difficult for me due to work.

20. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    There was a choice for on a weekday!
    I put every conceivable selection up there- I figured if 20 people voted for on a week day we would narrow down the 20 or so days we could have planned for right away. However- as it stands at 12:40pm on Sunday- 3 votes this coming Saturday and 2 this coming Sunday. So if the 3 who voted Saturday show up, and I plan to go ahead and attend Saturday- we will have 4 people. 4 People to brainstorm for the FanForce movie. That's as many people we had at the Melbourne meeting yesterday.

21. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, a Daytonian Fanforcer here.

I'd be interested in jumping in on anything you guys are doing. I can do Lightwave, Photoshop, and After Effects. I also have a second degree Black Belt in Okinawan Shurin-Ryu, and I have a digital camcorder. It's not 3CCD, but it's not a cheapy either.

22. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have any help.

-Dan

23. Jorda_Fett

Jorda_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    hy i can do great acting and would luv to be in a fan flick

24. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    I suppose i could do some acting, u guys seem 2 b all set for ur special f/x and equipment, so i'll back off there, but i suppose i could do some acting if u need any more people 2 act, i'm here!

if u wanna know what i look like, hit the link... http://www.buddypic.com/profile.php?username=askywalker98

25. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I can act as well, and know a girl that really wants to be an actress. We both have Jedi garb and I'm working on a smuggler outfit that could easily be turned into a Sith outfit. I also know two people that own Stormtrooper armor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.