main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Fan film ideas

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Daramin_of_The_Way, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Its' almost inevitible that we will all want to make a fan film together. So, let's kick around ideas, characters, scenes and whatnot.
    It doesn't have to be a developed story; just something cool you think should be considered.
    For example, I had the idea Jarus Sarn and his cohorts escaping from Imperials and ending up at a dance party. Their choices are limited: join the party or face down the troops.
    So throw your ideas out there; I promise not to make fun of them.

2. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Judge Judy with Darth Maul/Vader as judge. Nuff said. see me for details

3. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    Title: Mall Wars

Princess Leia taken by the evil security guards after her credit card is denied. With her one phone call she summons Obi-Wan and says that he is her only hope.
    However, she mistakenly leaves a message on Luke's phone upon which hearing he wonders if she means Old Ben across the street. He then gets his friends to go with him (R2 and C3P). (Insert scene of having to cross the street/skate park and getting harrassed by skaters until Ben scares them away "The skate park is not to be travelled lightly).

Ben convinces Luke that he must go to the mall with him and rescue the Princess.

From here the plot isn't totally thought out in my head yet.

Insert scene at the bar where Ben and company try to find a ride to the mall, without any security intanglements. Thus meeting Han and Chewy (Chewy is a big hairy guy that burns his tongue on a drink at the bar and for the rest of the movie can only make wookie noises).

Pulling up to the mall traffic is horrid, and are cut off, forcing them to enter the mall parking lot.

---follow SW movie roughly but in mall with regular people and evil security guards---

Thats about as much as I've thought out.
    Characters:
    Princess Leia (valley girl with money)
    Luke (whiny pimply teenager)
    R2 (guy in wheelchair that cant talk so uses morse code to talk)
    C3PO (Paranoid guy that wears lots of reflectors as not to get hit by cars, and can understand morse code)
    Ben (Old hippy)
    Han (Grease Monkey)
    Chewy (Friend of grease monkey)
    Darth Vader (Head security guard, all black, usues inhaler for breathing problems)

Easy part about this---costumes...street cloth-ish
    Hardest part - location, have to shoot in noisy people filled mall

4. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Well, Oo_la_la (my sister Amy) and I have got a pretty good story idea. It is not a comedy, but rather a serious story, set in the "Jedi vs. Sith" wars comic books time. The way we have it fleshed out is a logistical nightmare, so this might be Kelli's long term fanfilm.

FYI about the Celebration III fanfilm contest: The deadline is March 8th and there are only 2 categories. Pardody and Documentary. I figure we could do a fanfilm and document that, but our best bet is going to be a parody shot. To view last year's (and other years) winner and entrants, go here:

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/spotlight/collections/starwars/

I wasn't impressed with the acting in the winning film "Escape from Tatooine", but the effects and story were OK.

5. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, if it has to be either a "parody" or "documentary" I say that for C3 we do Nick's idea... because it makes me laugh :D We can work on and do some serious ones when we have more time and costumes :D

6. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Got some Ideas for "Mall Wars"

Han could wear something like...
    Black dickies jacket
    White long underwear shirt
    Blue Jeans
    Black Combat Boots

I was also trying to think of something that a mechanic would wear in a holster... something kind of shaped like a gun... ...and perhaps his name isn't Han Solo, maybe his name is Hank Rolo... maybe... still working on it.

Luke could wear something like...
    Khaki Pants
    Tan Shoes
    White T-Shirt

Maybe He could be named... Duke... Something... still thinking...

Chewy could wear...
    Brown work pants
    Brown Hooded Sweatshirt
    Brown Fur Vest

Maybe he could be named... Chunky or Chucky (Chuckbacca) or Chevy...

Old Ben could wear...
    Brown Hooded sweatshirt
    Khaki pants
    Flip-flop sandals

Uh, Old Ben sounds like a good name to me :D

Leia could wear...
    White pants
    White shoes
    White T-shirt with "Princess" screenprinted on the front.

Maybe her name is Leah and she's called "Princess" because she ALWAYS wears that shirt.

Those are my ideas for now...

7. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, some character ideas... The names could use a bit of work :D

Duke Skywalker - farmboy yearning to travel to the city.
    Princess Leah - Snotty, opinionated brat, who becomes trapped by the mall security.
    Artie - Duke's wheelchair-bound/mute friend who talks using morse code.
    Theo - "fruity" dressing (shiny gold clothes) worry-wart, friend of Artie's.
    Old "Ben" Kennedy - Burned out hippie. Keeps rambling about some "forks"...
    Hank Rolo - Grease monkey, local mechanic and self-proclaimed "smuggler".
    Chuckbacca (Chucky) - Big, hairy local mechanic, can't speak properly due to coffee burned tongue. Only understandable by Hank, his best friend.
    Imperial Security Service - Local Mall Security. Wear bright white uniforms.

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    That mall idea is a kick [face_laugh]

9. JediCloneCT

JediCloneCT Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2004
    If the parody is going to be Mallrats with Star Wars, there should be a scene with two people arguing about Kevin Smith movies. :)

10. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I don't think that I'd be a Mallrats parody (even though Mallrats is awesome :D) because it's already been done, see "Trooper Clerks" the 2 part animated short.

I would however, be pleased if we could put a Kevin Smith reference in there somewhere :D

11. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Ok, I'm bringing this thread back to life to start the idea mill anew.
    Obviously, any serious work won't be done until after C-III, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion.
    Should we continue our orginal idea or come up with something new?
    John will want something to with Sarn, that is a given, and Kelli and I are working on her and Amy's story.
    I liked working with our C-III idea.
    Input?

12. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I'll do whatever the group decides, and just throw in my little ideas as usual.

13. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    *bump*
    I figured that we have a few more people than when this was first posted so time to kick ideas around again.
    John and Steve have already got a basic script for a movie and they are looking for a little help, mosstly in the actual production. PM myself, John (Jarus) or Steve (Bayard) if you have any questions. We are trying to get going ASAP, just so you all know.
    Thanks for listening :D

14. --SwordSaint--

--SwordSaint-- Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2001
    Hey, swordsaint here.

Many of you know that all of my costumes,masks,sabers,etc. were made in prep. for a large fan-film project.
    I just wanted to state once again that members of the spokane fan force are invited to participate, and to show up at my school on saturdays. Although not this saturday,as I will be in Canada 'til next Thursday.
    Hope to hear from y'all soon.
    SwordSaint out.

15. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Canadia, eh?
    Ok, enough bad Canadian impressions.
    Thanks for the invite James. I will strive to make it to the next meeting.
    Have fun in Canada.

16. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    I like the Mall Wars idea. :)

I think pretty much everything from the film can be worked into this up to the point where Leia's rescued and says the getaway was too easy ("they're tracking us. It's the only explanation for the ease of our escape" "Not this ship, sister."). Aside from that, unless you intend to do a high speed chase scene through the streets of Spokane, I don't see many possibilities for the remainder of the movie, except for perhaps dropping her off at her house with all due ceremony.... :) Heh I can even see the Tarkin/Alderaan scene becoming a security officer/cutting up Daddy's credit card scene.

Sets:
    Luke's house - easy to find an ever-so-slighly beat up farm house atmosphere to tape in.
    Outside - there's a lot of outside around Spokane & Coeur d' Alene *wonders if they could work jawas into the movie*
    Skate park - great idea. there's lots of people in the Coeur d' Alene skate park over the summer, no expectation for privacy, and simple enough to shoot in. Also, it's quite literally "on the other side of the tracks" :p Post Falls also has a skate park. Alternatively, some of the under/overpasses in Spokane would work nicely, just don't get run over!
    Ben's house - easy to find or set up
    Interrogation room/holding cell for Leia - should be relatively easy to find someplace for this--probably *not* the mall itself though.
    Space - as I see it, the space scenes are generally going to be parking lot navigation scenes. finding a parking space, getting chased by overweight security officers through the parking lot, etc.
    garbage compactor - the dumpsters? They jump down the garbage shoots, land in the dumpsters, hop out, see security coming around from the parking lot, so they dodge back into the mall, since their car is on the other side of the mall
    The Mall - The mall itself is going to be the biggest problem. Obviously, you can't video inside the mall without permission from the owner. This will be hard to get unless someone is *very* persuasive & can sell the owner on letting you do a fanfilm in there, or unless someone already has an "in" with a mall owner. Keep in mind that even if the owner lets you use a mall, you're going to receive guff from real mall security, store owners, and mall-goers--gawking, interfering, forbidding you access to things. So you'll need to arrange with the owner some way to either inform everyone of what's going on, or you'll need to arrange for some sort of official identification for the cast & crew to keep you from getting evicted. Don't get me wrong, it's not impossible for a small, fun film to be shot in a mall, but it's probably going to be difficult. The mall setting does lend itself to some cool stuff, because in addition to the areas with lots of people, you have elevators, escalators, stairs, back hallways, offices, and other cool things to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.