Fan Film in Utah

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jace Taran, Jan 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anyone in Utah have a Canon XL1, and would like to help me with my fan film?
  2. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't have a camera, but if you're looking for some Stormtroopers, a Fett, and a couple of TIE Pilots (1 Fel-type, and 1 regular), email me at ti622@yahoo.com.

2001...the year the Empire conquers Earth!

TI-622
    Combat Air Support Sqdn Cmdr
    725th Alpine Stormtrooper Company
    http://www.redaxe.org/725/
    501st Stormtrooper Legion / Vader's Fist
    http://www.501st.com
    MESS WITH US AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

3. Matara_Healbo Jedi Knight

star 2
    You could always do what the people for Blair Witch did. Went to someplace like Circut city, bought them then returned them within 30 days. I don't know exactly how that all works but I'm sure it's possible.
  4. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I finished my fan film. It wasn't at all as good as I wanted. I had to rush it in order to get it into my school's film festival this year. I had to cut a whole tun of cool stuff out, and I had to rush some of the effects and junk. Oh well. In a couple of years, I'm going to have saved up enough $$ to do it over again the way I wanted to (and maybe Duality quality even). At least then I won't have a solid deadline like a film festival to have to make.
  5. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Jace,

Any plans to release "Dark Threat" on the net? ;)

Regards,
  6. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    After I add more music & effects, maybe. Since I had to rush it for the film festival, I couldn't add music or souund effects to much of the movie (there were some CG parts that were totally silent, in fact. not too many or too long, thank goodness). I will defintely release the remake I plan on doing in a few years after I have the money. The remake will be longer, better, the way I wanted it to be. Hopefully, I will get an XL1, a good bluescreen, good lighting, good software (such as Ultimatte, Primatte, etc), pretty much the works, and try to get it on par with Duality, as I said. I'll definately be sure NOT to cut any corners, and take longer on the whole thing.
  7. Jedi-DoUrden Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jace-

I live here in te SLC area and tried to contact some people to do a fan film, but with no luck. I would love to see your fan film sometime.

If you or anyone else is interested in making another one let me know. I have lots of resources for making one. I was close to finishing one with my friend in Provo but it fell through.

I have 1 Storm Trooper armor, 3 Jedi Costumes, 2 ParkSabres, 4 toy sabres(like Clay uses in his films), Ulead,Adobe Photo Shop, Adobe AE, Illustrator, and Premire.
    I am good at making sabres with Uled that look comparible to Clay's. I am sure everyone knows who that is right? Anyway, I just want to make a fan film. Contact me if your interested.

bsaatho@aol.com
  8. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm probably not going to post it on the net. I have no place to put it. I can't afford to pay for the space (and any "free hosting" sites are probably no good).

I also use Ulead. I've done a few good still pics with it here:
    www.angelfire.com/scifi/jacetaran/sabers.html

Keep in mind, though, since they are still pics, I had more time to work on them and tweak. I used Ulead to do the sabers in my movie as well, but since I had to rush, they aren't near the same quality. The ones in the still pics have like five layers of glow on each blade of varying size, transparency, and feathuring values, while the sabers in movie only had one layer of glow each (thus, looking rather painted on).

btw, can you show me your sabers?
  9. Jedi-DoUrden Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sure....You mean my Park sabres or my sabres using Ulead and Photo Shop?
  10. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I was originally referrring to the effect itself, but I guess I could take a look at your props, too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.