main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Fan Film intrest Thread for Orlando and Winter Park areas

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by ccartee, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccartee

ccartee Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2006
    Ok here's the scoop. I'm an indipendent film maker. I shoot on a Panasonic dvx100 camera. I may be gaining acess to a HDDV camera starting in july. I'm learning After Effects and have already done some shorts. I'm interested in doing a mini to feature length low/no budget serious Starwars Fan flick. Here's the problems: locations (everything can be set in the woods but that's cheesy (we may have acess to fullsail sound stages)), props ( I don't have much in the way of good starwars props, and Costumes (i have a few things that could be jury-rigged but again that's cheesy). The script so far is about 15 pages but I'd be willing to shoot someone else's script (for a change). Here's what we've got. Me, I've done directing, editing, acting, and fight choreography for several years. We have a great DP and another Director standing by incase i end up having to act. I have a good professional work ethic. If we shoot we will have done all the preproduction that you have nightmares about. Lines will be rehersed and fighting well done (even if it takes a year or more to get all the footage.) I won't do something that is crap. This is not a preproduction thing this is more of a "see who might beinterested in helping" thing. So, if you might be interested this is a place to post.

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Our group has had a few false starts on a fan film so it'd be great to get something going again. You'll probably get a far greater response if you check out our main boards, specifically in the Fan Films thread. There are also threads dedicated to costuming where you'll find likely comrades. Welcome aboard, I look forward to hearing about your project(s). -Campbell

3. ccartee

ccartee Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2006
    I have also posted in the fan Films section... I didn't think aobut posting in the costuming section...

4. ccartee

ccartee Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2006
    We do have a Warehouse to use as a sound stage and some set pieces so the script is getting expanded.

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I think we're talking about different things. The Orlando System primarily exists on our own set of boards, not here. Follow the links in my previous post and check out our Fandemonium section to reach a much more active local audience.

6. esoj-zetineb

esoj-zetineb Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2006
    Hey ccartee. welcome to the forum. Im very interested in this film. I have a costume of a jedi knight and am an actor as well. Let me know when this is gonna happen.

7. Ortmahbeca

Ortmahbeca Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2006
    Greetings ALL:
    new here at the board. I have also been planning a starwars trailer/ sci fi kinda thing, IHave made severeal diferent sizez and texture jedi outfits, i have a couple of extra homemade light sabres with rods, I have some green screens, lights,titles, 3d backgrounds, so i am very interested in beigh part of ANY SW small flick or indie film

Please ANYONE please contact me to be part of the crew or cast

Thanks all

Max
    Ort-mahbe-ca

8. Darth_Strater

Darth_Strater Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    Hello All,

I am new to the Orlando area (I live right Behind Magic Kingdom). I would love to get involved in a fan film. Here is some of the stuff i did a few years ago.

My Star Wars Fan Page

also Check out the fanfilm I am working on
    Indiana Jones and the Crystal Cave

Jim

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Welcome to the area, Jim. Check in with us at OrlandoSystem.com if you get a chance. There's a fanfilm section there with a lot more activity. -Campbell

10. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Hey guys, I'm Fig. Any of you who have been to Fanfilms have probably seen me around there, I'm new to Orlando, and ready and willing to work on some productions, if people need some help. I write, direct and composite, you can see some stuff in my demo reel to give you an idea.

Lemme know if you want to get together and make something, not even neccesarily a fanfilm, I totally heart shorts and have done more than my share of them over the years. Also, if you need an actor type with...um, bright red dyed hair, I'm your man.

Don't be a stranger. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.