main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Fan Film Meeting - July 11, 7pm

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    If you are interested in doing a fan film - at the moment only coming up with ideas on what to do for the film. Not just wanting to see. I would like to get those people who want to write, direct and so on to get together finally. We can throw out ideas at the first meeting and get going on this.

When: 7pm, July 11
    Where: Varza's house - PM for info
    Eats? not sure yet... will work this out. We can order pizza or do a potluck
    drinks? BOYBeverage

2. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    You know what we should do for a fan film..is volunteer some one to put up a camera by there computer so we can see all of the stupid body motions and laughing that the do while posting on the boards.

3. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Tatonka Tatonka!!!!

4. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    you in gecko?

hey, clem we can put the cam on you but i think that is a movie i will sit out

5. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    I said computer not toilet.....

6. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I know... :p

7. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Wait, what is it that you think I do by my computer? :)

8. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    you don't want to know what i think... [face_devil]

9. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    I'm game. I'll do it all...direct, write, cator, heck, I'll even do all my stunts!

10. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well, I found out that we have a great cinamatographer in our midst...we saw Cyndi's fan film "Phone Friends." I gotta say, it was some quality stuff. Great lighting, direction, pacing..oh and it was funny too. I think we could realistically pull it off now!

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    well... I have heard she is good but she hasn't posted in here yet so I have no idea if she wants to be involved.

12. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    thanks wook for your kind words, i'm glad you liked it-- but i didn't do it alone i had some amazing people helping me, without whom i couldn't have done it-- it was, as always, a team effort.

yes i want to be involved. i just don't know if i can go the meeting.

13. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I am going to harass bela about his script which the topic for is amazing. cyndi, when would be a good day for you? Since you have already directed from what I hear is amazing movie, we definatly need you there for it. oh and would another place be easier to go to?

14. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm in.

Props, sets, acting, gaffing, sound, whatever. I'm a pinch-hitter.

-propgeek

15. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Who is Bela? Ok, Ok...I know who Bela is....just never see him around anymore!

16. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I think Progeek,Jess,Suzie,Redgek and I can come up with the soundtrack.

17. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Hey Brian Isn't one of your co workers a short film director?

18. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I can help. My brother and I wrote directed, and stared in a full length horror movie called Ancient curse. We made it when I was in High school. We've been talking about doing another.

19. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Dave, I think you are thinking of Shana who we spoke with whilst changing at the library. Yeah, she's in with all the local film peeps...

20. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I'll throw my hat in, why not. Sounds like fun.

21. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    at the library event there was a couple that produced "the stink of flesh" a local zombie feature... they seemed really cool, i don't remmeber thier names, but they seemed really connected, i am not particularly connected.
    i know the people i work with and a few people involved in duke city shoot out, but that's about it.
    maybe we should do several different projects, the more material we put out the better.
    you can never have too much film!!!

22. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001

Hey guys! How was everyone's 4th of July?? I just got back into town and man was it hot in El Paso. I'm sure glad to be home.

Bob, it's actually Shannon who has produced the zombie movie "Stink of the Flesh". Her boyfriend Scott wrote and directed it. She's out of town until the 18th or 19th, but I'm sure she would be willing to give us some tips and ideas.

23. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    So, who is Bela (I really don't know) and what is this kick a$$ script idea? I'm all over this!

Catch me up, you guys.

-propgeek

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    bela is a guy in the group... really cool guy. I will bug him about his script, I know they have been working on it.

okay, if anyone wants to they can come over this coming monday at my place at 7pm. and if you want to know about the kickass movie idea come to the meeting.

PM me if you want to come to the unoffical meeting, so I can try and give you directions and so I know weather I need to clean my house or not.

25. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I PMd most of you about the meeting. I would really love it if someone else would be there other then just me. Spoke with Bela and he should be able to make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.