main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Film names??

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Mushiman, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mushiman

Mushiman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    Ok i'm trying to come up with a title for my fanfilm i'm working on.

The problem is i don't know what to call it - i don't know if there has been other fanfilms named the same :(

I was thinking about...
    Star wars - Hunter
    Star wars - Bounty Hunter

or something like that :D

You guessed it - the main film is based around a bounty hunter.

Any suggestion on how you people come up with movie titles would help ;)

2. AndyBryan

AndyBryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    Personally I don't care about the title of my film. Getting caught up thinking of a name is pointless. That is unless the film is already made :p

Once my film is complete, then I will spend the time thinking of a title. I find that trying to brainstorm a title doesn't work, its like trying to remember something really important and just not being able to recall it. I find that something will just occur to me as I concentrate on other aspects of the film. :)

Out of the two, I prefer Bounty Hunter, Hunter seems too short

Just my opinion :D

cya

Andy

3. Lunatic_Pandora1

Lunatic_Pandora1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    i think a cool name for a bounty hunter movie might be...Star Wars: Blood Money....ooohhh...thats good...yeah.

4. closedbolt

closedbolt Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    How about "Star Wars : Hunter of the Bounty"

Edit: :cool:

5. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Hm, I´d suggest you let something from your story line influence your your title. Okay, Bounty Hunter obviously tells the people that your movie will be about one or more bounty hunters, but that´s all.

Try to give a small clue about what will happen in your movie. That´s what the original movies did with all their titles. All of them give some kind of clue what´s going to happen.

- Return of the Jedi
    - The Phantom Menace
    - Attack of the Clones
    - The Empire Strikes Back

You get the point.

You see, even without knowing the movie in the first place, you still might tell what will happen in that particular movie.

So, let´s say your bounty hunter is the main character and he´ll get the order to kill someone important. A nice title would be "Star Wars: Assassination" for example. So instead of emphasizing your main character try to tell something about the story. This might catch the attention of more people.

Having Just "Bounty Hunter" as your title only tells the people what kind of character is going to be focused on, not about what´s going on. There already some movies focusing on Boba Fett or similar characters. So giving the audience a small clue about your story line might help to stick out from the masses.

Just my 2 cents.

6. Mushiman

Jul 8, 2002
    Thanks for the replies :D

It's got me thinking. ;)

Mushi :)

7. BrenDerlin

BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2001
    But whatever you do, make sure you have "of the" in there. :p

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Here we go again

Call the film whatever YOU want to call it. Don't worry about what others think or say. It's YOUR film, and you should make it how YOU want to

9. closedbolt

closedbolt Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    or he should call it Star Wars : Hunter of the Bounty!

trying to upstage my idea, I see. :p

10. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    I agree with Halibut, at least it´s your film and the world won´t collapse if you choose a title that some people might dislike.

But when he´s asking for advice on how we would approach this matter, any tip might help.

I´ve seen this answer many times now, "call it like YOU want, it´s YOUR film". Although it is absolutely correct, it doesn´t help a lot because if it doesn´t matter for the asking person what people think about the title of his upcoming movie, he wouldn´t ask anyway.

That´s not going against you Halibut, I´ve read the answer from several persons before. I just HAD to mention it ;)

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    That's cool!

I only mention it cos every time someone asks this (not in this thread I must admit!) you get s string of replies saying "Don't call it this" and "Don't call it that" which really doesn't help! (unless the question is "What shouldn't I call my film!"

12. Mushiman

Jul 8, 2002
    OK thanks, i've got the perfect name for my fanfilm now ;)

I'm not gonna say it though as i might change it, knowing me :D

MODS: you can lock this topic now :)

EDIT: Sir, yes sir! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.