main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Film questions

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Padwan_Mike, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padwan_Mike

Padwan_Mike Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    Hello, Anyone Done or know how to make a toy/model ship, (exmp.the Melinuim Falcon look life size next to an actor/ess?) I have been to many sites plus the TFN fan film guides, but thats no help for what I am looking for. I would get a CGI but can't afford to pay someone to make them, thus the semi-cheesy effect.
    Also Anyone interested in being in a fan film or have one they would like to show case, let me know, I have been to Artoo news casting for Mass and they doen't seem interested.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I think the way to accomplish what you are trying to do is to film the scene using some kind of scale technique. Depending on how you plan on producing this film will determine whether or not this will work for you, meaning if you are just going to shoot the film with very little post-production this might be a bit over the top. Basically you film a shot of the ship and it's surroundings, all of which will be some type of model set, all by itself with no people. This way you will have all of the shadows that would be created by a giant ship sitting in a docking bay (for example). Then you would have to film the actors in front of a blue/green screen with markers to provide the orientation of your ship and any other items in the scene. Then fuse the two together in post-production. Also keep in mind that the blue/green screen idea can be done without the use of fancy equipment and a studio to film in. As long as you do it against a solid background that doesn't show too much shadow or glare it can be done. Not sure if this helps but it's a start (I guess).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.