Fan Film recruiting :)

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Jonathan_McEnroe, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello everyone!

Recently I had put a stop on a possible Star Wars fan film to be made here in Glasgow, however I have changed my mind and decided I might go ahead with it :)

I am wondering if there was anyone in Glasgow (or close to glasgow), from acting, costume making, music, prop makers, painters, artists, builders, digital effects artists, marketing, martial arts, stunt people, etc etc who would like to get involved, please post here or E-Mail me if you want to get involved or donate money, or want to get film making experiance to help create the fan film of fan films, and put scotland on the map for creating one of the best Star Wars fan films out there to date.

I am going to be writing and directing, and will be in constant contact with everyone :)

All feedback would be very much appreciate :)

Thank you!

Jonathan :)
  2. Tone Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd be willing to help out. I can turn my hand to most things, as long as it's not too technical. Let my know what you need (as long as it's not money).:)
  3. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I would be able to help as i was a member of the the team in the first 2 original star wars films.
  4. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's talented for someone who's only 14.
  5. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey everyone,

a little light on a couple of ideas myself and my brother have been toying with.

One idea that interested me was Palpatine's backstory, and the idea of how old he really is. For me personally I think he's older than we really think, and I mean very old. I could be wrong, but hey would be creepier if he's very old. but thats only one idea, we're playing around with a few others, one centring around boba fett and a few others being completely original pieces set further into the future from ROTJ past the invasion of the Yuushan Vong.

One of the original ideas we've had for a little while but isn't too solid just yet, over the next month I shall be bringing all the pieces together to make it a solid idea.

Building a team this early means that when the ball starts rolling things will be ready to come into circulation.

I'll keep in regular contact on the boards and with anyone who PMs me about a position on the film :) If you could state clearly the areas in which you'd like to help out that would be a great help :)

Thanks very much!!

Jonathan
  6. DARTH_DONALD Jedi Knight

star 1
    well mate i was toyin wi my own fanfilm, but its hit the skids [face_frustrated] ( ie i cant see past the fight scenes [face_devil] ) but if you need a hand wi general stuff, i'll lend 1 ( but can please get it back when your done wi it8-} ) , oh if you need any cannon fodder ie guys who you need to die in first 10 secs give us a bell.
  7. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I am actauly 56 if u can read its on my profile and on that introduce yersel topic anaw pal so bolt ya bawbag suck my mums magooglies.
  8. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello everyone!

I have been playing around with ideas and I keep going back to an idea I had set between Episode 3 and 4 involving Vader and the Empire. I feel it's always the most powerful time to create a story and has some of the most interesting characters for that time period.

I've always been interested in the cold relationship between Vader and Palpatine, I always was sure that now that we've seen Episode III Vader and Palpatine have their unbalanced moments with each other. Toying with Vader's emotions and choices has always intersted me.

I will be continuing with this idea and creating a final idea from it also.

I'll be in touch :)

Jonathan
  9. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    am srry dude turns oot a cny help ya oot.Am aboot to start workin on a new film which will take up to 3-4 years to make.
  10. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    heres a wee idea if yer going to toy with vaders emotions.At the end of the film he says she was alive i felt it y not make him have a dream tht padme is alive and well and has there baby safe and well.He will go out to search for her but it is a time where the emperor needs vader as the alliance has just formed and there is a couple of jedi that survived that are helping the alliance.Vader though is desperate to find her and goes searching for her.Palpatine is furious about this he leaves grand moff tarkin to take care of the rebels as he goes and finds vader.When he finds Vader he finds out that he has slaughtered half the species on tht planet to find her.He then uses force lightening to control vader.He erases vaders memory but the force somehow manages to bring back all his memories apart from those of padme.

Just a wee idea
  11. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Obi,

nice idea, a good one on having Vader running away with his imagination, it's a sad one. I'm developing an idea which leaves you really feeling sorry for the young Jedi as the mechanical Vader, and show how bitterly evil Palpatine is. I want to explore the selfish nature of Palpatine too and his ruthless control over the Galactic Senate and show the establishment of the Rebel Alliance.

I'm thinking of a proper run up to the beginning of Episode IV, where the film ends as 4 begins, it's always interested me what went on before Episode IV.

What I am in the process of doing tho is creating a short film which essentially is a lightsaber fight, but we are really pushing the boundary in acting and visual effects with a nice little story :)

I look forward to sharing that with you and when it's all done it's to the GFT for the Premier showing next year :D

Jonathan
  12. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Heres anothere wee idea

Palpatine gets rid of the Imperial sentae just as episode IV like starts nearly.I sugest tht u use the reason for palpatine getting rid of the senate because he is sick of the people deciding and wants the galaxy to himself.He will get so greedy for more power he will kill half the senators.Some of the senators that escape decide to form an alliance.
  13. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Obi_Wan,

your trailing down the right path of the idea I am putting together. I'm looking forward to finishing it a readying it for review with a selected few folk.

There are a few ties which I am sorting out with the film, including little details and things, it should be great and a whole ot of fun. If anyone can do anything on the film please contact me, it will be a small while before things will kick off but with the names down and things it should be great, anyone in any skill would be fantastic.

Jonathan
  14. Failed_I_Have Jedi Knight

star 1
    Obi Wan Kenowlesy coming up with a good idea. Unthinkable.
  15. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Haha!

Well, he's been prity spot on with a couple of ideas form the story I am writing, unless he's reading my mind, you reading my mind man? lol

It's coming along well, it's becoming one of those things when we manage to link an idea together it's like 'haha yees!'

It's been good fun, and I think it's time we had a scottish fan film which is done right, a lot of people wonder why people make these films, but film making is film making, it's the same process; and also a test to see if we can do this with next to nothing, then later it's like, what can we do with money on an original feature.

I am currently developing this for a company I am forming with two friends of mines Softlight Studios.

We're really going to promote this project and help people who help us, if people are costume makers and want to promote themselves, this is the project for you, and we'll construct a website for you free of charge for your help, plus promote you through Softlight. If your a hair stylist, fashion designer, builder, choreographer, up and coming actor, or someone wanting to try acting, someone who wants to work in a film crew and never had the chance, then this is a project for you, and we'll help you out. I myself have numerous contacts in the film and gaming industry and willing to help you out if you want in.

Don't hesitate to contact me, and what you'd like to do.

Jonathan :)
  16. Failed_I_Have Jedi Knight

star 1
  17. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey cheers bud, I appreciate it :)

Jonny
  18. KenGawne Jedi Knight

star 1
  19. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
  20. Jonathan_McEnroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey everyone! Hope your all well!

Well, I thought I'd share a few updates with you on a project I am doing to help show what we can do to put a little more faith into recruiting more SW fans from Scotland to join our team on our bigger project.

It's a smaller project, based around a conflict with a Jedi Knight and Dark Jedi, post Return of the Jedi. I have linked you to a concept of an early environment idea for you to see too.

[image=http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/229/3/6/Stillness_by_Art_Noir.jpg]

I am working on finding the Dark Jedi just now and looking to cast another great actor beside Tom Duncan who will be playing the Jedi Knight pictured below.

[image=http://www.rsamd.ac.uk/drama/images/acting/showcase/Duncan_T.jpg]

It's going to be a very exciting fight, not a 'scared to break the rod' type fight, but very full on stuff. I'm writing down as many possible ideas and tricks as possible along with my brother which is cool so we've covered nearly eerything now.

I'll keep you updated on more and the backstory to the film too to give you an idea to why this fight happens :)

Jonathan :D
  21. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    i'd love to help but i live too far away
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.