main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Film-The Darkness Within

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Darth_Konikus, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    He dies an extremely violent death :D

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I was going to say that he moves to Kent and spends the rest of his life watching cartoons :p
    But yeah, he does die a terrible death and he's only init for one scene, but a very good scene at that.

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    okay fellas,i'm all yours...
    although i'm off to spain for first week of may,other than that...i'm all yours.
    i'd even do some artwork,if you like.
    hahaha... yes,lordtice... i know...

4. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Heya,

Just confirming that I'm still up for taking part. I can't remember what I might have said in the old thread, but I live in Kew so can easily get to Kingston by a simple bus ride.

5. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    You live virtually round the corner from us so if you want to save your bus fair, I would be quite happy to pick you up. My driving is much better since last time I saw you cos Im not hallucinating from not smoking now :D (Although I am still stopped).
    BTW, why havent you been round to see us yet? [face_not_talking] :p
    This one is for Matt: [face_monkey]

6. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Congrats on the non-smoking Matt! Cheers for the pick-up offer too. I actually rather anjoyed your driving last time - it was like a theme park ride without the enterance fee! :p Appologies for not popping round though. I'm rubbish...! [face_worried]

7. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Hi again to everyone watching this thread. We now have a set of completed storyboards that are absolutely spot on. Thanks Matt :D. The next step is to arrange a meet to go through the script. Im going to suggest sometime in July which should give everyone plenty of time. Im free from the 3rd through to the 7th, 13th - 15th, 20th - 23rd and 28th -31st. I think somewhere around Saturday the 15th would be best. Let me know if this is ok for eveyone else. :)

8. LOBOT-1972

LOBOT-1972 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2006
    Still can't find WHEN you are planning to do this.... I was an assistant cameraman for 3 years shooting on BETAcam SP. Haven't got the BETA kit but I have my own Sony PD-150 (3 CCD semi-pro camera) and a set of redheads (lights). What are you going to edit on? (I have a mac G5 and a mate of mine has full edit suite in London running MEDIA 100).

I am am not London based (I'm near Cambridge)... but seems as I travelled over 3000 miles to go to NYC to go to the episode III premiere then 60 miles is nothing! (I went dressed as Lobot! - NERD ALERT!!!)

Anyway if I've missed it I apologise - if not - then maybe see you soon,

Barry.

9. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    We have all the software we need, but what we do nee is people (and camera's). The majority of it will be shot on normal DV camera's cos we have a budget of £0 and 0 pence.
    There is no date for filming yet but we will be meeting up for a preliminary (sp?) script reading in July (if thats good for everyone else). We should hopefully start shooting around September if everything runs smoothly. Anyway, if you are offering to help out, then we are glad to have you on board. If you want to be in it there are still characters vacant too.

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Sounds like you have a very nice camera there LOBOT, and any help would be most appreciated.

Saturday July 15th sounds good to me too. Hopefully those who've stated interested will also get back to us. Com' on guys, we need you!! :D ;)

11. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I'm up for it if my parents will et me go, they've met some of you now so hopefully that will sway things in my favor.

12. LOBOT-1972

LOBOT-1972 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2006
    I'll try and clear some space in the diary.... (sometimes work gets in the way of real life!)...

I have a couple of prior commitments in Sept but as long as it doesn't clash - then count me in - when do we get a preview of the storyboards? - you never know I have quite a few props that could come in handy (I have a couple of burned skeleton/corpses left over from a halloween party that look pretty realistic - are there any Uncle Owen aunt Beru style sequences planned!).

Anyway if you want a giggle check out the NYline website gallery for my LOBOT impression....

Cheers,

B.

PS - what are you aiming for with this?

"Revelations" was impressive from a technical perspective...if a little badly acted(!) -in the words of Denis Penis " I'm not saying their acting was wooden but at one point I thought someone had thrown a chair onto the set!".

but "Reign of the Fallen" was nicely shot but a little pretentious... bordering on LOTR or Matrix sequel (sorry if you're a fan"). Have to say out of all the ones I've seen "troops" is still the best!

13. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    The timetable will be set around when everyone is free so you will be ok if you want to help out :)

AIM:
    Considering that I have a budget of nothing and not £30 000 like some of the other fan films, Im just aiming to get it finished. I cant employ actors and if I could, I still wouldn't. I just thought it would be nice for myself and a few FF-UK (L) to make a fan film. The script is good and doesnt rely on special effects to tell the story. Obviously Ive got AE 6.5 pro, some 3d software and and other editing software but how it turns out will depend on what people put in. I dont even want people to put on accents. I just want their natural voices so that the dialogue flows in a more realistic way. I have no pretentions of wanting to make 'the best fan film ever', cos on normal DV camera's, that just isnt possible. To cut a long story short, we are simply doing it for the enjoyment of doing it.
    Hope that answers your questions and hopefuly see you soon:)

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Ell - You?ve been discussed a few times during our pre-meet meets. You fit the bill for one of the characters very nicely and getting you involved would be great, but sadly we really need your parents to be willing for you to attend the meets which we aim to get going in July. The main reason for this is that we need to know you are able to do it and start learning your lines and getting costumes and props ready. So have a word with your parents and see how willing they are for you to take part :)

I?d like to reliterate what Matt said; the film is essientially a fun project. But that doesn?t mean we are going to do a bodged-up job. We aim to make the best film we can with our resources and we are taking it seriously. I storyboarded the project like I would a paid project, and for a short, Star Wars fanfilm the script works really well and I?m not just saying that :p
    It?s a great example of what a short fanfilm should be. I?m excited by it and I?m not easy to please ;)
    Hopefully Matt will have some of the storyboards up on the site soon.

I?d have to agree with your views on those fanfilms you mentioned Barry. My personal fav though is Duality. Dead simple, well executed and short.

15. fight_my_monkey

fight_my_monkey Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2006
    Greetings, I'd be interested in lending a hand. I work in kingston, and I'll probably be living there by the time you start filming. I have a Sony semi pro DVCAM (probably not as nice a Lobots) but it might be helpful if you want to do multi camera. I'm pretty good on the organisational front aswell (schedules and such) if you need any help in that area. Last year I produced/filmed/editted our final major project featuring a semi professional cast with a budget of £0 and used my house for 7 different locations, so if your looking for someone who's good at working within limitations I could be your man. Might be able to help with some of the casting aswell, I know quite a few Kingston based drama students. Let me know if you want to see some of my stuff. Good luck with the project.

16. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Is the meet before or after LFACC? Cos I'll deffo be there (probably with parents)

17. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Its about a fortnight after LF&CC

18. AlltoEasy

AlltoEasy Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    hey peeps, first post here im looking to get in to the film game and wouldnt mind some practise. I got a semi prop dv cam (canon xm2) and a pro tripod I also have some sabers on the way from random with the flashy carbon fibre(sp) blades. im free most of the time if given enough of a warning and live in stepney green (the other side of london, but hell i got a travel card lol) give us a shout on here by PM if you need my help. Ive got a flick of my own brewing so i might be asking for help myself in a month or so.

Cheers Dan.

19. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Welcome aboard mate :)
    As said above, the first meet will be shortly after LF&CC in july. The camera would be a big help but there will be no need for sabers as we will be using stunt sabers and rotoscoping the blades in later.
    Anyhoo, glad to have you onboard.

20. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    ooh,get him!
    'we'll be rotoscoping the blades in later'.

21. AlltoEasy

AlltoEasy Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Cool, looking forward to it already, I will pop by the table at the LF&CC and say hi.

Dan.

22. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi Dan!! :)

Thanks for offering your help and it would be most welcome. Hopefully our table will be easy to spot at the LF&CC. And if I ask Matt nicely, I'm hoping he'll bring along the storyboards to put on the table, so you can also have a look at them ;)

**asks Matt nicely** :D

23. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    OK. The planned meet didn?t go ahead because everyone was busy. We need to arrange a meet that everyone can attend.
    So far we have the following people DEFINETLY onboard:

Me
    Koren
    Matt (Lord Tice)
    Ant (Darth Dom)
    Jamie Richards

There are only six characters and one of them is Palpatine who can be played by one of the five actors.
    Although all five of us will be crew as well, we still need about another four to five people who can crew for us. I can get these people from else where but would prefer to get people from here to help out so once again, if you are interested, put your names down here.

24. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    I realy wanna be in this. Its just a matter of working my parents around to letting me attend meets.

25. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Why don't you bring a parent along so they know it is ok.

I think you are taking the harder route trying to persuade them, if at least one sees first hand the chapter isn't an issue then they might let you come by yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.