main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Film-The Darkness Within

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Darth_Konikus, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    hats off the them backyard production types.
    have you seen the star wars film they've been working on?
    and i thought 'backyard productions' was some kind of... no,i can't do that gag,it's wayyy too obvious,even for me.

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    But then that means them not doing anything all day and just sitting there. Which I dont think they would find too fun.

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Then you may not be doing meets for a long time as it is obvious your parents aren't comfortable with you going alone. Plus you don't have to spend all day at a meet, you can go for a few hours.

4. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Ell: If you want to be in it, just ask your parents. If they say no then let me know. Although Im sure they wouldnt want to, they are welcome to come round with you if you wanted. ;) Let me know soon though cos we need to start moving along with it and I will need to find someone to play the part we had in mind for you.

5. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Do we have a date for the meet yet?

6. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    We haven't set a date yet, but some time soon would be nice. I can't make August 19-20th though :p
    In September, we pretty much have a meet/convention every weekend, so in theory we could tie it up with one of them. Here's a quick run down of those dates coming up:

Sept 2nd - Meeting with Jedi_Nat
    Sept 10th - Empire Day
    Sept 23-24th - Star Con UK @ Kempton Park
    Sept 30th- Oct 1st - Collectormania 10 @ Milton Keynes

7. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    I have 20 days leave in September so thats good for me. Any dates you prefer Matt?

8. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Best to leave the Collectormania weekend out of the equation, plus I have to be at Empire Day so unless we have the film meet during that show, best to keep that one out too.
    All the other weekends should be good though, maybe even Sunday Sept 3rd so it ties in nicely with the Nat meet.

9. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    The 3rd is OK for me as long as its after about 18:45 cos Im at work till then. Alternatively, saturday the 9th is a free day and its the day before empire day.

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Sat 9th September might be good/might be awkward for me, but for now it makes sense so we'll say that'll be the date then :)

11. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    count me in.
    possibly...
    if i'm allowed.
    :)

12. JediKnight_Veronna

JediKnight_Veronna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2006
    Hi all,

I feel a bit of a noob here as its my first day on the boards but here goes.

Ive been reading each post in the Darkness Within thread and im very very intrigued by it all. I would love to offer any help that i possibly could but it may be difficult i live in ramsgate wich is 80 miles away from london and i work nights. Which is a bit of a drag really. I have skills in a few 3d modeling programes (3DS, Adobe Atmospher and a few others) awell as with static programes (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Image Ready, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Go Live, Adobe Illustrator and few more)and i have some skill in using Video Editing softwear (Adobe After Effects, Microsoft Movie Maker, Cyberlink Power Director 3) Im also learning a program called Fruity Loops wich is a sound composition program.

I also have skills in acting thanks to five years on stage at the granville theatre doing ammautre productions, But even with all these skills im not sure if i could help due to distance and the time I work, if needed i could post a list of the days i have off work for the next 4 months. If i can be of any help at all please let me know, its been a dream of mine for a long time now to either make a SW.FF or the help in the creation of one.

Hope to hear from you soon and even if i cant be of any help good luck in making this Fan Film

13. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to the Fan Force UK JediKnight_Veronna :cool: :D

14. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
  15. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    and he's got his own lightsabre...
    which aint bad!

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Howdy JK_Veronna, welcome to the boards & the London forum :D

I'm quite familiar with Ramsgate as I used to have family there. It is quite far sadly, but thanks for taking an interest and letting us know of your talents. It may come in handy, so we'll keep you updated and thanks for the good luck message ;)

17. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    wow cool lol. well as i said if theres anything i can do to help let me know

18. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Hi :). I dint know if you have followed this thread from the beggining but if you havent, here goes:

Basicaly, this is my puppy. Ive wanted to make a fan-film for ages and now Im on the road to doing it. We wont be needing much help with effects but we do need people. As for you working nights, dont worry about that as I work a 4 day alternating shift pattern so this is going to be done around peoples spare time. We are going to have a few meets to go through the script and sort out costumes and logistics but when we start filming, it will be done over one or possibly two weekends. Accomodation will be free at mine for those of you who live a distance away. Once filming is complete, I will be calling people back for an afternoon each (one at a time) to record the voice over track. Nobody has been cast as yet so if you want to act in it or crew for us, you are more than welcome. P.M. me if you are interested :D
    Cheers: Matt

19. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    ^ Posted by me :D

20. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    P.M Sent, incidently you can reach me on msn messenger the names ravenveronna@hotmail.co.uk

21. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    O.K. So if everyone is o0k with the 9th still, what time should we go for? I reccon about 13:00hrs. :)

22. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    can anyone PM an address and how to get there for this? My parents always need ALL the details.

23. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    33 The Keep
    Kingston upon Thames
    Surrey
    KT2 5UA

Go to http://www.multimap.com for directions.

24. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    the keep???
    isn't that the big old nazi stronghold deep in the swiss mountains where demons and monsters dwell?

25. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Oh, so you've been here before then? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.