main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Fan Film Update, and My Plans...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by gh0stdevil, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Hey all. I hate to do this...but I am going to need to step down from the fan film. I was full of enthusiasm for this project, as I think it's an excellent one, but I have since started school at night, and my weekends are my ONLY free time, and...my social life is a-hurtin'...and will only get worse as we start shooting.

So...officially, as of today, I'm stepping out of any duties related to the project. I hope this won't change your views about me, as I am always good on my word...it's just that I have to prioritize things right now.

I am going to continue to host and support the fan film board, so don't worry about that. If you have any technical requirements or questions regarding it, please let me know. Thanks.

Chris

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I hate to say this, but I think the film project has just been killed.

How many committed individuals for the film are left?

3. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, we remain committed to the project; nothing here has changed that fact. However, I do know that we cannot singlehandedly create this film; it's not a job for two or three or even four people. Frankly I'm disappointed in this latest setback more than any other. So be it. I guess you have to go with the flow. Right now I'd say that the project is on hiatus. I'd be open to suggestions for the future and if MuttandSolo and Kasjedi still want to meet on the 12th we'll plan to be there; if not I understand. I had high hopes for this to be a fun and stimulating experience; I'm sorry to say that I was wrong. Oh well.

M.M.

P.S. Ghostdevil: I really have to know: did you EVER receive my email with the re-written script? At this point its just out of curiosity.

4. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    I never recieved anything after the first copy of the script (which I hosted). After that, I NEVER got the revised copy...I even PMed you to here to that effect.

5. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    I just checked my PM log and I'm not sure why but I never received any PMs from you, Ghostdevil, after August 6. Not knowing enough about how these boards work under the hood I can't comment on what kind of snafu would have caused me to never receive a PM you sent me...

The revised script was sent to your .warcry email address. Not sure what happened there either. But for the record I DID revise the script with incorporation of comments and revisions from those who submitted them, and I DID send an .rtf version of that revision. It's all water under the bridge now so...as my friend Paul says: "whatever".

M.M.

6. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    I just checked my PM log and I'm not sure why but I never received any PMs from you, Ghostdevil, after August 6. Not knowing enough about how these boards work under the hood I can't comment on what kind of snafu would have caused me to never receive a PM you sent me...

The revised script was sent to your .warcry email address. Not sure what happened there either. But for the record I DID revise the script with incorporation of comments and revisions from those who submitted them, and I DID send an .rtf version of that revision. It's all water under the bridge now so...as my friend Paul says: "whatever".

M.M.

7. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    hi. I'll be willing to help out with your fan film. I'm only fifteen, but I've already made some promotional videos and I have an unfinished "Macbeth" movie in the works. I am interested in getting together sometime in the future. I can film, at, edit, whatever. I am probably to young to act for you guys, but hey-- maybe I could film. gimme a buzz.

8. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear members of the Council:
    Even though I don't talk or say much, I'm available to help. So, let me know the 5-W's and I'll go for it.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FAN FORCE COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

9. Grover

Grover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002

mon-mothra

"However, I do know that we cannot singlehandedly create this film; it's not a job for two or three or even four people. "

--why not? I single-handedly did my own fan film (and have received many private emails and feedback saying it's one of the best many have see!)

--if I actually had 4 or 5 people...WOW, what I could have done!

p.s. live in PA

10. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Um....good for you, didja play all the parts yourself? You must be a very diversely talented person!

M.M.

11. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Lol that was funny.

12. Holocron1

Holocron1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Hi, im a big starwars fan. Just recently heard about you guys. I live in fells point and I would realy like to help out if I can. Where can I get more information?

13. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    Uh. First, her name on these boards is Mon MOTHMA (like the Star Wars character), not Mon Mothra, like some demented Godzilla antagonist.

Second, I saw "The Power". I don't mean to knock anyone's idea of art, so I won't. But I should bring this to your attention: I think you meant to say, in your scroll, that it was "guerrilla film-making" not "gorilla film-making". Websters agrees:

guerrilla: A member of an irregular, usually indigenous military or paramilitary unit operating in small bands in occupied territory to harass and undermine the enemy, as by surprise raids.

gorilla: The largest of the anthropoid apes (Gorilla gorilla) native to the forests of equatorial Africa, having a stocky body and coarse, dark brown or black hair.

And, I'm not really sure if I'd agree with your previous viewers -- to me, a spewing of gratuitous lightsaber battles, however unique and original the actual weapons may be, doesn't tend to separate the film from the "pack".

But I did like your fan film, overall. It was cute.

-gh0stdevil

14. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Umm, maybe film bashing should belong on the film boards.

15. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    I think you misunderstand me. I was not bashing his film. I was simply stating that it didn't seem very different from the others, that's all. That might be a very good thing!

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay, bashing was a bit strong of a word. The point being is that if you wanted to criticize his work, maybe you should of PM'd him. Its off-topic in this thread. He was offering the advice that it was totally possible to create a film on your own.

17. Holocron1

Holocron1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    I checked the Marylandforce web site, seems pretty empty. I would realy like to find out more about your project and help out if I can. Who should I speak to?

18. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    You should probably talk to Mogook.

19. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Holocron, I and a few others had been working toward the creation of a fan film. We just recently disbanded the effort due to a lack of participation. Ironically, as soon as I posted to this thread that things were kaput I find two or three people coming out to say that they are interested in participating. I would have to say that for right now the project is in an indefinite hiatus. We mostly found that committment levels, which were at first high, evaporated over a period of a couple of months until earlier this week when there were really only four of us (that I count) still voicing a strong committment to the project. We decided that four participants do not a Star Wars fan film make.

M.M.

20. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    Noooooo!

We should really push to get this thing off the ground. I think if we get all the shooting done within, say, four days(not in a row, maybe two--three weekends devoted entirely to filming) we could get this done!

But gh0st, I agree with you, Grover was kinda being a little, well, arrogant. It was nice of you to defend Mon Mothra--oops, shoot. Mothma. Sorry. So, anyhoo, let's try this. We just need to get started before interest wanes and we all die with the project. I now tis guy in PA that might be able to help us with the movie. He has a studio, I believe. (It might be in NY. Crap. I forget where. Oh well. Scratch that.)
    May the Force be with you. And me. And them. And that kid standing over--ack. I better stop. The manager is probably going to scratch this topic.

21. Holocron1

Holocron1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    I think i can help out in alot of ways. Im actually working to make my own fan film. We're hoping to shoot next spring so there is no conflict. I have been working with lightsaber effects. I think the experience would be great. How many casting spots need to be filled? I may have some people willing to help out. What kind of special effects are you talking about having?

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    As Mon-Mothma has stated, the fan film is a dead issue currently. Maybe sometime in the future we may try to get it going again, but right now its a very sore subject.

Thank you for your interest and we may call upon your talents later, but for now the planned film is a no go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.