main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Fan Film

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Toughie, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toughie

Toughie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. i got that. thanks.

2. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Amy are you still wanting to do a film?

3. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    I'm interested.

Name: Luna

Transport: Purple Corolla of Doom.

Any Ideas: I'll have to get back to you on that. I have a few I just want to make them coherant.

Contributions: Martial arts, fight coreography, stunt work?. Also anything else you need me to do that you can show me.

Film duration: a short sounds good.

4. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    Yes, I'm still wanting to do a film. I've been trying to bounce around ideas in my head, but now that I started up some summer classes my brain power has been going there. I'm still wanting to do it. My itch to make a film has turned into a rash.

Hey Rachel.. how much MA experience and what have you studied? That's awesome that you do it, Tae Kwon Do and American Kenpo myself.

5. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Just keep us informed. Summer classes are crazy.

6. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Two of my Stormtrooper suits made it into a fan film shot out in San Diego this last weekend. Personally I would be interested in possibly acting in one that anyone might be doing. I have many film quality Star Wars character costumes as well as the ability to make any custom character I would need (see my intro thread for details)

7. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    That is awesome! It's awesome more people are interested in doing one. My wishlist is that it's a fanfilm created by the IE not just one person who gets a bunch of people to act in it or whatever. But we need ideas. Personally, I'd like to do an action/drama.. well not necessarily drama, but just not a parody. If anyone comes up with any little bit of an a story idea, post it here.

8. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    Wow what a great way to get us involved as a group, not to mention promote ourselves to other groups. Good thinking!

Still keeping my brain open for ideas, but admittedly the fiction I write is genre, not fanfic. I'll take a look at my slush pile, though, and see if anything jumps out at me as being adaptable for your purpose.

Mike's always one for good ideas...::looks around thread:: ... now, where's a dark Lord of the Sith when you need one? [face_whistling]

9. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    That's what I'm saying. Thanks for still keeping your brain open. That's why I've said from the beginning I really need help with ideas. Because I am BEYOND retarded when it comes to that lol.

But yeah, I think my first post or one of the first ones I said how I wanted to get a large group of the IE involved in this project. One, it'll really REALLY get us interacting and two.. who doesn't want to play Star Wars and have it on DVD forever and ever? :p We could have three different productions teams.. pre, production, and post production. That would make it easier for people to work this around their personal schedules.

10. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    We should have a get together to sit and brainstorm. Personally, and Brandon and my wife can attest to my whining about this incesently, I WANT to be IN a fanfilm...tired of my costumes managing to get in them...I must be the only SAG eligibly actor in California to NOT have been in a fanfilm...lol.Ironically I have even been brought out to conventions to do panels discussing the fanfilm phenomenom...gotta do something about this...heheheh. Amy, have your people kill my people...I mean call my people.

11. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    If nothing pops up before then, maybe we can brainstorm during the costuming party, if Amy's still thinking about going!

12. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    Yeah, I'm planning on being there. The 9th right? It would be a great time to brainstorm.

13. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    I have no experience in this kinda stuff but i would be more than willing to help in anything that you needed.....

14. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    That's great storm.. what do you think you'd be most interested in doing?

15. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Yeah, it's Saturday the 9th. Meanwhile if anything springs to mind I'll post it or PM you.

16. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    9 yrs....on and off agian. :p
    Umm well as for what I have studied: Red Dragon Karate, Shotokan Karate, different styles of grappling and a lot of nasty little tricks.

17. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    That's cool, that's cool. 11 years myself. What type of "nasty little tricks" like 540s and aerials n stuff? That could totally be used.

18. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    Looks like we all have a common passion, I have trained most of my adult life, Tae Kwon Do, Kenpo Ju Jitsu, Judo, Ishiin Ryu Karate, Crazy Dragon Karate, and just a teensy weensy bit of Pentjak Silat.

19. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    What are you training in currently?

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I know how to thumb wrestle. :p ;)

I'd still love to help out in any way possible. :)

21. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    These days I am training in Advanced Toddler Care...requires supreme hand eye coordination, lightening quick reflexes and total spacial awareness. Once the baby gets older I am going to return to training again and have thought about working towards teaching when I hit retirement age one day.

22. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    Instructing is awesome. I've been assisting instructing for about two years and now have a few students of my own training in my garage. It really improves your personal skill. It can be really frustrating and tiring but really rewarding as well which makes its all worth it.

23. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003

see i dont know what this kind of stuff would need, I can play piano, i have an interesting imagination......i guess whatever you needed me to do i can do...that doesnt help much does it?

24. TarikJanis

TarikJanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
    If you need a trooper, jawa, jedi, ANH Princess Leia, twi'lek, or ANH Han Solo let either myself or Meg know. We'll be glad to help out. As long as I don't have to wear my trooper in the desert. I'm a stormtrooper dammit not a sandstrooper ;)

25. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    Awesome. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.