main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Fan film

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by 92SE-R, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    after talking to the friend of mine with the lightsaber software, he let me know that he would give me a copy of it.

Sooo, I will soon have in my possesion the ability to create lightsaber effects in a movie. It will take some tinkering with to get it down I'm sure, but if we ever make a fan film, at least we will be able to have some lightsabers.

On a side note, he told me that you could also make Sith lightning, and a few other things. :D

I'm thinking about messing around with some action figures in a stop motion type thing first.

2. Darth_Mordus

Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    We need a Script! My wife went to see Dr. James Charmichael (Chiropractor) this morning. As I may have mentioned before, Doc does all of his own commercials with his own equipment and editing software. My wife called me, rolling her eyes I could tell in her tone, and told me that all Doc could talk about was helping us with a fanfilm. I know we talked about this in the past but now we have a few more resources at our disposal to work with. He are a few ideas I have. Keep in mind, we should start small like a trailer type of thing or very short film. I like the trailer idea because we can use a montage of different scenes. I would like to see a Lightsaber duel, troopers, and definitely the jedi surrounded by troopers then unleashing force lightning into the ground knocking the troopers out of the way.

3. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    did I mention that you can also do blaster effects?

I finished my very rough, but first time so what do you expect, stop motion with clay figures.

I played with the software a bit, and it was pretty cool watching it take shape before my eyes. When I was done I was giddy! My son, who is almost 3, wanted to watch it a few times with me, and had almost as big a grin on his face as I did. I just need to figure out how to add sound effects to the sabers, but the guy I got the software from should be able to help me with that.

If you guys would like, I can try to come up with a script, or something. I am having a tough time writing for my story right now, and that might help me out.

If anyone wants to see what I did, it took me about 5 hours total, let me know. Also, if there is a place I could post the video I have, it's about 14mb and only 16 seconds long, let me know that as well.

4. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    How many of what kind of characters would we have? that might be a determining factor in the script. Also, what type of fan film would it be, what is the premise, etc...

5. Darth_Mordus

Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Well, we need some Jedi, Pilots, Stormtroopers, and Officers for sure. As for the numbers, I am not sure yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.