main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Fan Film

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediAgent, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I can write, I mean I can really write I have written some short fiction in the past that dealt with SW Universe stuff. I cant make it to the meeting though because of a family committment. Are any of you willing writers wanting to maybe get together at a separate time and hammer out some baseline script ideas?

I also agree to creating our characters

2. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    I think we are all in agreeance that we should create our own unique characters. There is really no need to established characters. As far as Vader is concerned, Do we need him? is he going to be an intregal portion of the story, and most of all, who's tall enough?

First, we need to get established what type of characters we want/need. Then figure out the storyline based around those characters. Then start making props/filming/etc.

I've run a D&D game since '88 so I know a thing or two about making a good story line/ continuity, etc. If the story is not good, then the film won't be good. it can have cheezy effects, and be an awsome story.

So let's first figure out who's doing what. And we need a "leader" or rather, a Director, Writer, and a Producer. Let's start there.

3. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    I wouldn't mind being the Director but I would also like to act as well... so therein lies my dilemma. Unless we have an assistant Director as well. What do you guys think?

--Ryan

4. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    I think you should direct sine you're reallt into this and you seem fairly knowledgable ;)

So we've found someone willing to write, but can't come to the meeting... we should hold some meetings just for the fan film cast/crew whatever you want to call us and we could toss around ideas.

5. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    an exelant idea we should start tryin to think of an idea immediatly.
    -John Kemnitz

6. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I agree to everything that was said up there. ;) I've never acted before, so I'd be ok with working behind the scenes or something. I could probably do scene setup or something with props. I could also be in it, but as I said, I have no acting experience. ;)

And prehaps we should slip the Vader thing in the background or something, just for fun. So he wouldn't really have a role or anything, he'd be more like an easter egg. Maybe we could have him driving by in a car or on a bike or something... ;) :p And I think Chris might actually be tall enough to be Vader.

7. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm only 6 foot :p I think Vader was some 6'5" And, I don't think that they wanna go with having established characters in it, like they said, it might conflict with the regular story.

8. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    yes, I know that. I meant as a random little background thing.
    Only 6', Chris. *rolls eyes* :p

9. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    We could put Chris in high heels [face_devil]

10. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    [face_laugh] lol Adri!!!!

that's a great idea Nicky ;) let's put a background Vader [face_devil]

I've never acted before either but I want to try...

11. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    At 6 foot, a background character he could be... No need to be full height if you are in the background. Besides, put a couple short people near him and he's even bigger.

12. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I guess that works. We could put Nicky and Alison next to me as Imperial Officers or something. They're certainly short enough compared to me.

13. Robotech

Robotech Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Possible title: 'Dude, where's my lightsaber"
    J/K

14. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Heh, good one.

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    yeah so are we going for a generally sarcastic comedy or do we want something heavy in the drama area or action oriented?

16. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    Hey Chris don't you like my idea on how to make you taller

17. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    It's quite amuzing, but you wouldn't catch me dead in heels. Unless it was to save my life, or a dare, but nothing else. And don't go daring me to where high heels.

18. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
  19. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    because he doesn't want to have to wear heels. :p And I think a sarcastic comedy thing would be good if we can actually think up something funny. ;)

20. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    I like the comedy idea but maybe for the first one we should stick to the noramal type of story.
    -John Kemnitz

21. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    but I want to see him say why not :p

22. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
  23. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Cause those things hurt!! :D :p ;)

24. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    I agree that we should stick to a normal, non-comedic plot line since a good comedy is VERY hard to write. Of course we could ALWAYS throw in a Vader in high-heeled shoes in the background but it would be subtle things like that that only we would notice.

--Ryan

25. DarthCrambette

DarthCrambette Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Chris we can always give you shoes with two or three inch platforms. Those don't hurt nearly as much. 8-}

Oooo I have acting experience. Well I guess you wouldn't necesarily call it acting but in 4th grade I was a storteller when we did the play of Noah's arc at school. (only play we ever did at my stupid school) Oh! And also when I was in like 7th grade we need a play in Girl Scouts and I got to be, shoot I can't remember his name, but the guy in the story of the Sneetches who sells them the stars and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.