main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Films in Production

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ExFilms, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

Any others?

:)

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i have a short wwii plane animation in production to learn max, but its not a fanfilm...dont worry i will keep working on apt, but i think i should learn max first (it might end up being all cg)

3. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

Darth Arjuna -

I think "End of the Order" sounds good.

Out of the 5 Star Wars films Lucas has released so far, 40% of the titles have used "of the". If you'll look at the most recent list of fan films in production on page 9 you'll see only about 10% of the films have "of the" in the title. I don't think thats so bad.

I don't know why "of the" is such a big deal. :p

4. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    because you're thinking in percents, not numbers. Think two compared to... 25 or so?

5. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Maybe it's because when you cut and paste (because you were to damn lazy to use markup codes) your URL into the address line, it comes up with a 404 error.

<<Why is it that No one remembers The Feminine Menace despite all of my advertising and subliminal messaging?
    The Feminine Menace-www.geocities.com/mcdanielcorlissltd >>

6. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Just a quick update on Rise of Nobility. We start the production phase of our audio drama on Septemeber 3rd for our internet cast and have two scheduled recording dates for those cast members that are coming to Richmond to record. Those dates are Sept 22nd and Oct 13th.

Keith

7. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    My Fanfilm "One Of A Kind", has just come out of the pre-production stages, and we are getting ready to start shooting.
    You can check it out at =
    www.neilshomemovies.freehosting.net

I will be posting some Saber choreography tests & behind the scenes footage there soon.

Whilst I have this opportunity, I would like to thank - Nick Long, Daft Maul, Agent Gonzo, Ben Fletcher, and everybody else on the TFN Fanfilms board for their advice and support.

All the best,
    Neil / Predinator

8. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    My new film ?Confrontation? is underway! The casting is complete, props are almost finished, costumes have been started, storyboards finished, and filming starts in October!

9. Superchunk

Superchunk Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2000
    Fanflicks is looking to let everyone know about your film. If you would like your film's trailer available online and/or have your film listed in our directory, let me know. contact@fanflicks.com Thanks!

http://www.fanflicks.com/

10. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    That reminds me; speaking of fanflicks, Im about to start work on my Movie Magic tutorial series. Fun for all!

~Neszis~

11. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    neszis, did you used to watch movie magic a few years ago also?

12. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I did, loved the series. :D

13. Superchunk

Superchunk Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2000
    Hey Neszis, just let me know when it's finished and I can either post it or put a link to the location with your name titled next to it. contact@fanflicks.com Thanks.

14. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Fanforce NSW is in the editing stages of its fanfilm "Highlight to Read" Problem now is finding someone with a firewire card (Since we cant afford to give money to our previous editor) but we're still hanging in there.

15. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    My Fanfilm "One Of A Kind", has just come out of the pre-production stages, and we are getting ready to start shooting.

Don't you mean "One of the kind? :D

16. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Casting for Rise of Nobility is finally complete. Whew! :) Now for the production phase which begins in one week!

Keith

17. a_ht

a_ht Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    The Story of Anya Secura is beginning production next week up until november 2002. I just tought id post it here. It features a Jedi padawan and prisonner in search of their identity (star wars style;)). You can go to my dedicated thread : http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8537825

I've been wanting to shot a short for a while. I'm just glad its finaly happenning. Anyway, thanks for your time.

18. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    My film is not untitled or unknown or anything like that, but I'd prefer to keep its subject matter, etc. private for the time being.

However, I am far enough along into production that I think it's safe to put me down for a fan film.

It's a Flash animation crossing Star Wars with another movie.

Rick McCallum loves you!

19. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    I suppose I can mention that Yakov (Golden Y) and I are developing a FanFilm right now. It's just being written at the moment.

20. Duke-of-ERG

Duke-of-ERG Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    "The Night Before Naboo" is in pre-pro right now, filming Sept. 7th.

21. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Toy Wars: The Phantom Scalper Menace is so far on track to be done with all principal photography by the end of September. This is big to us since we thought we'd be done shooting in 1999! :p

22. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Not much of an update, just that we're still scripting... we don't see each other that much, but we're getting together in a couple days, so the rest of the script idea should be set in stone then (and written out within a week).

Looking casually at props, seriously at costumes (want those by Halloween!)... standard pre-production. We're going to see about using our high school for filming- there's a rig that might be able to handle whatever we use for a bluescreen (I have to ask what's good... I'll look for one in the forum search...) and the area's okay for outdoor scenes, though it'd take serious editing (can't have an English "VVS High School" on Sernpidal, now, can we?).

23. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    Don't forget about my newly announced film that is going to be filmed in late November/early December...

Star Wars: Pathways, Chapter I- The Path of Betrayal

And it WILL be followed by two follow-ups (trust me on this)!

We hope to have it up for download in April 2003 since there are relatively few FX shots in the film (a total of 4).

24. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Hi all. Production is in full swing with our audio drama. We're mixing together a rough cut of one of our main scenes. Very effects intensive actually.

I also wanted to throw out a quick invitation our as we could use more crew members. This includes people here, or others you may know of. Feel free to forward this message.

Specifically, we could use an additional production assistance and 2 additional sound designers and mixers.

If you or anyone you know of would be interested in helping out in any capacity, please let me know. So far it's been a wonderful experience for me, and I think others will feel the same way. We're on the ground floor of a new fan medium for Star Wars. It will be very interesting when it's all said and done, what the reaction will be to it. Anyhow, you can email me at keithabbott@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    Keith

25. Captain_Ido

Captain_Ido Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    Rebel Alliance is going to be finished for FILMCON in October. It will run about 35 minutes. We are re-shooting 2 scenes that don't require FX (yeah!) over the next two weekends and have over 50% edited with FX added.

Boy I never thought I would say this but after doing lightsabers frame-by-frame-by-frame-by-frame I now bark "You turn that saber on only if you are going to use it! Every one on the set get that!" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.