main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Films in Production

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ExFilms, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clone_No759

Clone_No759 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Pixel Productions sends all of our best wishes to your film getting finished, and to all fan films being made, good luck and all the best!!!!!!!;)

Jonathan

2. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    End of the Order now has a finished script. We have someone to work on the costumes (one of the actors). We have the voice fo one alien already recorded, and a voice actor for a voice-only part has been recruited. We have two solid actors, and two maybes.

3. Waylynne

Waylynne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2001
    aaah, to be young and naive again... full of ideas and enthusiasm... unfetted by the cold harsh reality of filmmaking...

;)

4. ultimateguy

ultimateguy Jedi Master star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    The Balance of Power is now in post-production, in fact there is only one scene left to rotoscope. We have a crappy site at www.geocities.com/final9fantasy

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    RUN LEIA RUN is now up to 10 recorded characters (plus 1 cast but not recorded) out of 18. Yaaaaay.

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    I dont know if this is strictly fan FILMS wea re talkinga bout here, but our audio drama Rise Of Nobility is on www.riseofnobility.com. We have everyone casted and almost everyone's lines recorded (their first takes anyway) and we are currently mixing our first scene which is Act 3 Scene 1; toughest scene in the whole bally thing becuase...well...just because. ;) Oh, and we are looking for another sound mixer to help. If anyone is availab;e you can contact Keith Abbott the producer at keithabbott@hotmail.com

7. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    Path of Betrayal is still going forward. The costumes are being made, we are rehearsing a fight scene this weekend, the props have been purchsed and I currently have a guy working on the visual FX. We hope to be shooting at the end of November, and have the movie ready to view in April or May 2003. There are relatively few FX shots, so Post shouldn't take all that long.

Check out the cast & crew photos at the thread entitled 'New Star Wars Fan Film in production in Northern Illinois'.

8. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    We had our second round of recording yesterday in my "home studio" :) Everything wen't well and we've nearly completed primary recording. We just have 4 parts left to be recorded and then we move onto a more intense mixing phase.

Bellyup said it right, we're working on our own version of a battle scene so to speak. Not so much a battle, but an escape from the clutches of a vicious animal ;)

It's a very intense and dramatic scene that's already taken several months to get to the stage it's at. I'm probably about 3/4's of the way through the scene work wise.

We also shot some video yesterday of the production work, so expect to see some of that in the near future.

Well that's it for now. If any of you would be interested in helping out on the mixing or effects end, please let me know.
    Keith

9. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    RUN LEIA RUN now has 11 of the 18 characters recorded (plus 1 cast but not recorded) and about 1/4-1/3 of the music.

A Web site will probably be coming at some point in the next couple of months.

Rick McCallum loves you!

10. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    End of the Order is being postponeed to get one of our actors up to scratch. Can you believe that he can't say any lines without cracking a smile? Also, our script is undergoing major revisions. A website should be up within a week at Project Apocalypse. Yes, Project Apocalypse is our production name.

11. -Sithcloak-

-Sithcloak- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    I haven't finished the script yet or thought of a name for the matter ...

Sithcloak

12. -Sithcloak-

-Sithcloak- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    But you can read a selection from my script and give some constructive critizim if you want. Just post your email adress.

Sithcloak

13. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    "aaah, to be young and naive again... full of ideas and enthusiasm... unfetted by the cold harsh reality of filmmaking..." he says, with the Winnie the Pooh reference in his sig. You are one cold machine, arentcha?

~Neszis~

14. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Well, one scene is nearly in the "can" and a bunch bunch more to go for the Rise of Nobility audio drama. I'll be sharing Act 3, Scene 1 with our production staff on December 1st for final recommendations. In the meanwhile, I'm going to try and quickly put together the preceding scene Act 2, Scene 3. After several months dealing with the same heavy effects filled scene, I'm ready for a simple short one. Whew!

Keith

15. Nabil41

Nabil41 Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2002
    Rise Of The Black Sun is 75% completed. All we have is the fight scenes left to shoot, and then the final composite (all dialogue is filmed and edited). We are expecting a winter release (January or early Febuary).

Check it out at http://www.rotbs.com

PS- We're all in high school.

16. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    RUN LEIA RUN finally recorded Princess Leia yesterday afternoon.
    All that remains is three lines for Bail Organa to record, and I don't need to associate with human beings for any of the project. The music's here, the animation is done. A rough cut is nearly ready.

Watch for a Web site in late November / early December.

Rick McCallum loves you!

17. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    We begin shooting Path of Betrayal in about 2 weeks. The costumes are done, the props are in and the FX are nearly completed already. We just have to shoot, edit and rotoscope.

Here's the link to my thread where there are cast pictures in costume.

Path of Betrayal thread

Enjoy!

18. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Bellyup just sent me a blooper from Rise of Nobility. For those who don't know...she's a dead ringer for Natalie Portman's voice. Who would have ever thought Padme/Amidala had a dog! :p I'm wondering if TFN would find that amusing for a news story and a link to the sound file hehe.

Keith

19. Jedi_Master_Vin

Jedi_Master_Vin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, my current project "Caravan Wars-The Teaboy Strikes Back" is in post production as we speak. I'm currently 12 FX shots in with only another 250 shots left to complete!!! :p

If there is anyone in preproduction right now with a lightsabre fight planned, make sure you pick a good colour blade for your sabre prop. Make sure it shows up well against all coloured backgrounds. I made the terrible mistake of filming a green plastic blade againt grass!!!!! I am now in rotoscoping hell!!!!!!

Anyway, a website should be up soon

20. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Oh, now THAT's a good one. You think you have a bad situation? For Jedi Academy, I could only capture at 320x240 and therefore rotoscope at the same, and I used COPPER TUBINGS IN A STICK SWAMP! So basically, the copper looked IDENTICAL to the friggin background. Not similar. Identical. THe only way I could tell (and sometimes I couldn't) was the change from one frame to the next.

Also, Echoes of Injustice is beginning production on January 4, 2003, and is currently the Fanfilms Select!!!

~Neszis~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.