main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Films - Star Tours: The Misadventures of RX-24

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Wesley Heid, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Wesley Heid

Wesley Heid Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2016
    First, a little background: I work at Disneyland, specifically I used to work at Star Tours, and the old pilot "Captain Rex" (RX-24) was the thing I loved most about the ride. When they replaced him with C-3PO in the new version of the ride, I was disappointed, but they did keep him in the queue. He's marked as a "defective" droid that's just been delivered, and is labeled to be returned to sender...but obviously they never do. So what was he doing for the two or so decades between the "timeline" of the new Star Tours, and the old Star Tours when he was a pilot?

And that's what I explore in my series of animated shorts, Star Tours: The Misadventures of RX-24, a collection of short cartoons about Rex doing other jobs for the Star Tours company, and doing them just as well as he did as a pilot.

I voiced, animated, and rendered the shorts myself, and modeled the look and style of the shorts after Star Wars Rebels. Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Let's start with Episode IV: