main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan films that you would like to see

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Heya. I know there was a thread made AGES ago about what fanfilms people would like to see but it's long gone and thought I'd start a fresh one.

Simple question really. What fanfilms would you like? Fanfilms of certain games, movies, books?

I personally think some Lord of the Rings fanfilms would be nice provided they were pulled off well without dodgy cheapo costumes.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon left some areas that could be explored. Perhapse tell some stories of Li's earlier adventures

Braveheart. Okay not really a Braveheart fanfilm but perhapse just showing some of the other clans of resistance helping fight the English?

Lets get the ball rolling people :)

2. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
  3. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    Lord of the Rings fanfilms are extremley illegal.

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    all fanfilms are extremely illeagal...except Star Wars, which techincally still is illeagal...

Im just asking what people would WANT

5. Kraykan

Kraykan Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2004
    As far as I've always been aware, as long as the film / films you make are not in any way making you profit IE: selling the DVD's at a convention, then everything is cool.

I've noticed with Broken allegiance 2 that there asking for donations and have been for a while to help them make the movie.

This in my opinion is inviting a law suite.

I think you could get away with making any fan film you like, as long as your not in it for the money.

P.S This is wholly my opinion based on what I know, if someone can proove me wrong with documentation then I will retract my previous statement.

Peace out

THE KRAYKAN

6. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    getting off topic here....

7. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I would love to see FanFilms of . . . .

- James Bond
    - Superheroes (Superman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Flash, etc.)
    - Aliens (Yes, I know about Batman:Dead End ... make MORE)
    - Hellraiser
    - Friday the 13th (Jason)
    - Austin Powers (ish)
    - Men In Black
    - Land of the Lost

. . . . to name a few. :D

JediTAC

8. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    I know somone's makin' a Broken Saints fanfilm but I can't find any info on it. (No releationship to my Broken World project.)

Besides that more Vampire-slayer (Underworld, Blade, Vampire$, Buffy) flicks would be cool.

9. MKane

MKane Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I would love a Dr. Strange film. I'm such a fanboy.

10. braxtanFILM

braxtanFILM Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2003
  11. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    I'd love a Dr. Strangelove fanfilm, maybe explain why he ended up in that chair or something...of course, it wouldn't be the same without Peter Sellers, but I'm sure someone could pull it off...

This might be off topic, but I'd love to see more fan films based off literature, whether it's novels, or comics, or whatever...
    Off the top of my head as far as that's concerned, I'd say:
    Stuff based off Poppy Z. Brite or Neil Gaiman, the comics Kissing Chaos and Hopeless Savages, this old (sort of) DC comic called Scare Tactics...other weird little things no one's heard of...

12. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'll bump the old thread when I get home. I had forgotten that one on my bumping spree ;)

13. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    "Braveheart. Okay not really a Braveheart fanfilm but perhapse just showing some of the other clans of resistance helping fight the English?"

English hater ;)

Edit:
    I'm sure Mel Gibson doesn't like us English.
    Look at his films.
    Braveheart
    The Patriot
    And in the trailer i saw for Signs,they go around yhe world showing crop circles,not one from Blighty the crop circle capital of the world. :_|

Back on topic,i'm looking forward to Freddy v The Ghostbusters(any updates on the Freddy mask?)
    Starship Troopers could make a good fanfilm.
    More Alien and Predator films would be cool.
    I like the idea of an Austin Powers fan film(espeially if they have the Shaguar,or even Nigel Powers Union Jack Mini) groovy baby. :D

14. braxtanFILM

braxtanFILM Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I'll have updates on the Freddy make-up by Friday...

15. djTomServo

djTomServo Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2003
    Definitely more vampire hunter type fan films. . .I just saw Underworld the other day and I think after i get my current project done I'll be doing an Underworld film next. . .

16. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I just wanna see some good action figure movies. :)

17. yikes

yikes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Godzilla VS Gamera

Final Fantasy

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I'd also like to see a 'bible' fanfilm. No not an entire recreation of the bible but I kinda always thought that maybe one day I'd make an small film about one of my favourite events from the bible. Probably Joshua's army fighting the 5 bad kings of Ca'naan, or the story of Samson and possibly show what armageddon could be like...

19. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i made this same thread like a week ago

20. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    I think there's a lot of stuff from the Old Testament that hasn't been filmed.

21. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    But it's cooler now that someone else made it.

Because, y'know, capitalization and punctuation.

22. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    MechaGodzilla vs. Mechani-Kong.

You know you want to see that.

23. krillindb

krillindb Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    JediTAC wrote:

- Superheroes (Superman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman,

I agree. I actually thought about doing a Green Lantern film but I simply don't have the resources. I may do a test shot soon but I'm not sure how.

24. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    - Men In Black

I believe Fenn said TFN wouldn't host any MIB fanfilsm because he wouldn't want Lowell Cunningham to risk losing his copyright...or something like that.

25. Quinn_Domo

Quinn_Domo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2001
    FanFilm or no...I want to see a SUPERMAN FILM!!!!

I know theres one int he works, theres always something in the works /eyeroll

now....make it, sans Josh Hartnett, sans that 70's guy, sans anyone cheesey like brandon fraser!!! man, wheres a good director like peter jackson when you need him, that understands when a popular actor is needed vs when one is not, I heard Kevin smith wanted to do superman, but that makes me think low budget and possibly the horrid Ben Afflek donning the tights.....*shudders* mind you thats just my thoughts on it.

Id love to see some super hero films, or fantasy films.

or some good cg films of any kind. something off the norm, you know.

Maybe a GOOD planet of the apes film. Or thundercats :p I dunno theres to many. He-man, GI-Joe would be a good one. dont need that much. I really want to see a ransformers movie...I saw a test done but I want more!!! Live action actors, photo realistic transformers.

Metal Gear
    Splinter Cell
    Dance revolution....er wait NO!!!
    how about an X-men one? or a wolverine one...or even one of the lesser characters like...arch angel
    the flash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.