main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

fan flims

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Sith_Patterson, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    omg i just got done wathcing imps it like troops but better.
    if you havent seen imps download it and watch it.

now that i have said that and watched lots of fan films i want to create one.
    any one eles? if we do this we need jedi/sith/troopers/and others this would also be a good promo video to hand out to people and get them to join. i would like everyones help with this.

you loving sith
    patterson

"hand wave" you will help me.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I've had some ideas and I know we talked about this before. The problem is getting all of the logistics in place.

With any fan film, the first thing to do is get the script together. Feel free to bounce around ideas.

One that I had a while back was a really serious shot of a trooper putting on armor (like IMPS), then cutting back to reveal him (or her, hmmmmm, her may be better. Karma!) only wearing upper armor and bathing suit bottoms then sipping on a fruity drink or something.

3. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah that seems cool i see what i can do for a script
    any ideas would be nice

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The other thing to think about is time. If you want lots of costume folks in it, it's best to do it between events and to plan for shooting multiple days to get everyone involved.

There's also equipment. Digital is a must now adays and an external/professional mic system is also a very good idea.

5. darthdemios

darthdemios Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    i had a couple of ideas that i'll tell tj about at the next meeting

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    why not just post them up??

7. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005

yeah if any one has any ideas just post them up.
    this is every ones movie

8. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    OK THEN, HOW ABOUT VADER AND MINI ME SINGING A REMIX TO "JUST THE TWO OF US"

9. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    i already have the plot down and the opening crawl.
    i have contacted several people from the theforce.net
    and they replied
    Once you have the script finished, I'll be happy to give it a read and see
    what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks
    and another
    Hell yeah I'd be interested. What sort of help are you looking for your fan film? What type of fan film is it? Can you tell me what the plot is about? If there is a way I can help, I'd be happy to do my part. I'm also looking at making a fan film with a friend that just recently returned from serving overseas, so I'm looking at trying to make contacts, as well.

so if you know any one with cams armor costumes and want to help this would be good
    thank you

10. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Hey, this is Dan, an independant film producer/director in the Miami, FL area. I was contacted via the Fanfilms Database and am very interested in helping you guys out however I can.

Figured I'd come to the board and see what's going on here, you guys seem like you have your heads screwed on right :) Digital, yes, is a fair must, but only because it's easy to get onto computers. Most PCs and laptops (and even Macs) these days come with Firewire ports, which are standard outputs on MiniDV format cameras.

External microphones are nice, but not an absolute necessity. And many cameras don't have the proper ports to support a good external mic. We'll just have to look at our camera options first then decide to accessorize.

Let me know how I can help out, best way to contact me is e-mail (dannygast@yahoo.com) or AIM: danjgast

Thanks a bunch, lookin forward to it! :)

11. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    here is my script.i know its short but its only for like 4 min music video.but tell me what u think

vader-ever since i found...out i had a son
    i knew that i'd be safe cause i'd never have to run
    an evil sith shouldn't speak alot about his feelins
    my hurt and my pain don't make me to appealin
    i hoped luke would look up to me
    run the business of the family
    run an evil empire just like his dear old dad
    give him my love and the things i never had
    but luke rejected me
    life is cruel treat u unfairly
    but thank the emperoer 4 me
    mini me u complete me.

12. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    cuz no mini me

13. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    what u "no mini me" then whats the point of the film if theres no mini me

14. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    i want his fan film to be the best it can be
    i dont want to have any rip offs of any movies. i dont like the spoofs very much. they are funny and you do have a good idea. maybe we can make an other to go with it. like a commercial.

15. MR_BONES

MR_BONES Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Heres my Idea thinkin. Im likin what Q was thinkin and I think we should run with that and rep the daytona.

So first you got a clip of luke in the x-wing flyin to daytona. and we edit his words to R2 to "R2 set a course for Daytona Beach (instead of Degobah)"

The we get some waist up and feet only shots of stormtroopers walkin on the sand at the beach and it makes you think they're on tatooine. But suddely in one of the feet shots out of nowhere pops the tide commin in from the Ocean, and your like HOLY CRAP. The camera then moves up to reveal the trooper is sportin some board shorts tor somethin.Any way thats where my mind was goin.

Mabye doin somethin like a specially trained stormtrooper faction called like the "surf troopers" where were on some planet called daytona or somethin and we gotta put down som rebellion stuff. and use the race trak as some kind of pod racin craziness. I dont know im just ramblin now

thats just my two cents. I hope i can help. i havent been here too long. Also we definately need some sort of club/techno scene.....
    mabye not
    Peace
    -Mr.Bones :)<|)X

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds like you guys have some very big ideas.

17. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    i like bones's idea and if ya'll want i got this movie maker program on my computer,plus me and sith_patterson a.d darth_terak are taking a couple t.v. production classes so we can edit the final film

18. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I took TV production last year...

anyways for advertising the FF...my friend has a very popular internet radio show and he'd totally promote it on there for us...so I just thought I'd throw that out there.

And yeah I like Bones and Q's idea.

Other things to possibly showcase: bike week, nascar/race track? meh, I'm just speculating.

19. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    I vote that we use bone's idea and i volunteer to be one of the stormtroopers walking on the beach

20. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    what no more volunteers

21. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    no not for now i need time to work on the scripts. wait till i have em done before we take any more volenters

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The main thing is getting your script and eqipment together. If you needs troops, lemme know man.

23. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Do you guys still need me? Like I said, somebody sent me an e-mail on the Fan Films Crew Database asking if I could help out, but if you don't need me I can scratch it off my to-do list. Especially since nobody has talked to me since...heh...

Let me know yes or no, s'all good either way. Thanks.

24. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    yes we just need to get the script done. thats the main problem here.

25. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    cuz if you need help with the script just ask and i'll give ya a hand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.