main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Fan Force - 2nd meeting? Come on in!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Pallas-Athena, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuminariUnduli

LuminariUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    awwww... cloneddarklord - I'm so sorry that you will miss the meeting - I am in total agreement with you - for the most part, of course, weekends will be best to meet.
    I suppose this one is an exception based on the situation.
    I really hope it doesnt discourage anyone from attending. If we really want this Fan Force to work & grow we will need to make a few small sacrifices...
    See you ALL on the 10th !

2. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Huh.

I do realize that not everybody can make the meeting times that are set up, but if we were to debate a time perfect for everyone, we'd be sitting on this board for months. Perhaps the next fan force meeting will be on a weekend. I'm sure dates will be discussed at the 10th's meeting, but I will also start another thread to plan it.

Hopefully I'll get to go this time, but my mom doesn't exactly keep the most up to date work shedule and I don't have a car. :(

Anyway, Silent Bob, we all must keep in mind what's best for the collective. If the majority of a group decides to do one thing, then the rest of us must agree. I helped get this thing running, and I couldn't go to the first meeting ... such is the way of the world.

:)

3. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    Best for the Collective? You mindless automotons. The word of Silent Bob West is special! JUST KIDDING!!!! I get your point Pallas. I wasn't trying to cause any trouble. It's just that this is the third gathering I have missed and I would really like to get more involved. I actually traveled to Philadelphia to attend a Fan Force Meeting. I actually was there being a tourist but I felt very welcome at an official meeting of the Philly Outer Rim Fan Force. It was very enlightening and it served as a good example of how we may be able to run things here. They hosted a cool event at a local Philly Club called Shampoo. They welcomed me Dressed as Silent Bob and I got a positive response. The event went ok. They had a jacuzzi in the club and a couple of Stormtroopers took a dip in it. It was funny.
    Anyway, I'm patient and In time, I will be happy to attend a future L.A. meeting. L.A. Fan Force will Rock!
    Since Angels come from the Moons of Viego, perhaps the Los angeles Chapter should have a similar name.
    MTFBWY and Snoogans

4. pivy

pivy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Hey, watching the waiter's band play is a fine and dandy reason. The link that pointed to the reason made no mention of that, however, that's why i was confused.

5. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    By the way, Have a great time on the 10th. Sorry I can't be there. Take some picitures too.

6. ajthelegend

ajthelegend Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    Hi everybody... Silentbob, I will make sure to take my digital camera this time around and get plenty of pics.... Sorry you will not be able to make it this time around... I am sure though that we can come to an agreement on our next meeting definitely being on a weekend... Hey palas how have you been.... Hope that things are well w/all... I am still working on the quiz for the next meeting so gather your thoughts and be prepared... Can Jedilona go back to back, guess we will see soon at our next meeting... By the way just wondering for those that made the first meeting, has anyone emailed Wizzo???? Just curious...

7. cloneddarklord

cloneddarklord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I was rushing to the board today with an idead but you guys beat me to it again!!
    I was going to suggest taking pictures at our events. So if anyone can not make it to that months meeting, at least there will be pictures so the rest can still feel a part of the group.
    I am sad that I will have to miss this up coming meeting, but am looking forward to the pics!! Have a great time to all that will be there!!

8. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey, aj ;)

If you want to guys, we can start planning the third meeting now. That meeting will be important because we'll have to nominate a city rep.

So, as our 2nd meeting draws near, we have the details:

Date: July 10th
    Time: 7:00pm

I'll PM OW with this info like tomorrow, unless anything's worng with it ....

9. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    That sounds great Palas... Sorry I am just responding I've been out of town at my sisters wedding... Lets go ahead and get this party going w/suggestions on a meeting spot for our 3rd meeting... Also lets try to do this on a day that will be good for everyone due to the importance of that meeting (voting for the city rep). K guys any suggestions on where you would like to have our 3rd meeting and when????

10. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, I PMed OW. Everything looks good, so yay.

Oh, man, these colors ... killing my eyes!

11. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Ha Ha ok killing mine too haha..... Hope everyone has a Happy Independence Day... Cant wait to see everyone next week... Hope we have a good turn out...

12. LuminariUnduli

May 26, 2002
    whoo hoo!! I'm getting very excited for the meeting - really looking forward to meeting the other members who didnt make the first meeting and making more plans for the future of our FF.
    I am in total agreement for the 3rd meeting and I have posted that on the other thread, FYI.

so - PIVY does this mean you WILL be at the next meeting???

13. pivy

May 12, 2002
    I will do my utmost to be at the next meeting, weekend or not...it just totally depend on when it is. :)
    For instance, if it Aug 1-4, I doubt I'll be there. (ComicCon, y'know) :)

14. LuminariUnduli

May 26, 2002
    PIVY - I meant will u be at this next, upcoming meeting next week - July 10th ???
    as far as comic-con goes... I believe we could all go there together or meet up as well, just to hang out.
    ajthelegend and myself are planning to go also....
    anybody else interesting in going to Comic-con in SanDiego ???

15. solosprincess

solosprincess Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    I'll be there Wednesday and at Comic-Con...

What day is everyone going down to San Diego? Should we meet for dinner one evening?

16. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    Just to let you know, myself and another Line member, Art, will be in attendance also. Weekdays or weekends are fine with me, and whoever said you can't please everyone all the time, is 100% correct. It all depends on if you want to cater to the majority, or just mix it up and do weekday one week, weekend the next.

Keep in mind also, that these are just the meetings to get the FF established. Once that's done, you can schedule them anytime.

See you on the 10th @ 19:00!

17. pivy

May 12, 2002
    Luminari, I won't be able to make Wednesday's meeting becuase I have a dance class until 7:30-8ish and then I'd still have to drive up to LA, but like I said, I'm planning on the next meeting,a s long as it's feasible. :)

18. Humanoid

Humanoid Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2002
    I was just wondering... anyone can attend? Even ME!? I live so close to the Beverly Center but I'm so afraid to meet new people...new and older people...or younger. Ahhh! And besides, I know only little of the Star Wars universe and I do not wish to be looked down upon, but I am truly interested in star wars! Can I attend anyway? <heart pounding> Pwease? Is there an age restriction? Hmmmmm?

19. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Yes, Humaniod, you're very welcome to attend. No age requirment, although I'm guessing it would be best if you were over the age of 13, since this is a PG-13 board anyway.

20. Humanoid

Humanoid Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2002
    just wondering... what age range can I expect to see at this second meeting?

21. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    From what I've seen, I would assume to expect most (not all) to be in the early to mid 20's, with a couple of us old farts in their late 20's early 30's. I don't think I've seen anyone over 35, however that's not to say there aren't, I just don't recall seeing them.

22. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    28 here and proud of it... Even though 25 is my idea age haha....

23. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm 21 going on 13 ...

The meeting's official and the info is up on the Fan Force page. :)

24. JediPadme

JediPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    I'm 19... :)

25. GrayRacer

GrayRacer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Excuse me folks, I'm damn interested in attending one of these meeting sometime later, right now its not possible since i dont have a car, have school, and dont have a car. Oh yea, i also dont have a car. But i was just wondering what you guys do at these meetings? How long are they?

I'll try to attend one maybe sometime later since right now I need to get my license and finish summer school. I hear everyones is in their 20's and 30's. I'm 17, does that make any difference?

One more question, wheres everyone from? I wouldnt believe that everyone is from L.A.

Later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.