main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Force advertisment

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    TFN will be advertising various Fan Forces in the future in an attempt to increase membership. As such, one of the GSA's asked CR's to come up with what's currently going on in their FF, what is planned for the future, and mention something that is unique about their FF. With the GSA's permission, I wanted to let you guys know how I responded. I thought is was important for everyone to know how I view Rhode Sqadron.

So here goes. Any input would be appreicated.

Providence's Fan Force, Rhode Squadron, is in the moment of transition. Just shy of two years old, our co-founder and original CR, Idarii, decided to step down. Under her leadership, Rhode Squadron became a successful Fan Force of modest size, developing and nurturing several new friendships. The friendships developed were both within our group and with other Fan Forces in the Northeast. We have a close and good working relationship with The Boston Rebels, the Fan Force to our immediate north. In fact, a significant number of our group also holds membership in The Rebels. We have good working relations with the MEPA and Long Island Fan Forces. We have visited by members of MEPA and have visited Long Island for an event. Currently, we are building a budding new relationship with New Jersey Fan Force, NJO. As the new CR of Rhode Squadron, I pledge to maintain these valuable relationships and keep the spirit of friendship alive for all. At this current time, we just finished a contest for our members where they earned some really cool prizes. We are also organizing meets for the remainder of the year, building our treasury so that we can do more as a group, beginning the process of designing T-shirts, and will be giving our website an overhaul.

For the future, I envision Rhode Squadron growing into a much larger Fan Force. Yet we will keep our founding principles of friendship. As such, Rhode Squadron will seek to increase its membership by thirty three percent by the release of Episode III. Our group will develop and adopt a constitution to help guide our current, as well as future, members. We will improve all aspects of communication. We also will seek to strengthen our relations with groups like our sister city, Salt Lake City, and the Rhode Island Science Fiction Club. Beyond that, Rhode Squadron will continue to work on our relationships with the Fan Forces of the Northeast by improving current relationships and building new ones.

And lastly, what makes us different than any other Fan Force? Simply put, we are all Epic Duels fiends. Hardly a meet goes by where the game does not get pulled out at some point and the mayhem begins. Battles for who will get to be Sith characters and who will be stuck with Boba Fett are always entertaining. Its almost as entertaining as to the questioning of why no one takes Mace Windu or Yoda out earlier in the game, before they become major threats. Many an hour have been spent playing the addicting game and I believe most if not all members have picked up a copy of the game as a result of the carnage laid down at the meets. We would be lost without the game and have even infected members of other Fan Forces with the sickness. Epic Duels is our life.

Again, any input would be appriecated.

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I love it =D= well stated.

Sounds good to me.

3. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Nicely done, Ed! I particularly enjoyed the last paragraph! Yay Epic Duels! Does anyone in the RS NOT own that game?

4. Darth_Anakin29

Darth_Anakin29 Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    *raises hand rather embarrasly* uh...I don't have epic duels....:(

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, but you haven't been to a meet yet, so you're excused. :)

6. Sara Skywalker

Sara Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Moby, that is pretty dang awesome if you ask me.

No epic duels? How...but...with the...oh geez.

7. Sara Skywalker

Sara Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Jeff, dude, you just posted as me.

:p

and I got OPPM for that...20 miles away, and I get OPPM and it wasn't even me. That's definitely not something that happens everyday.

8. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Man you let a couple of ladies stay over and first one steals your yoda and then the other takes over your computer and keeps herself logged on. I tell you.

Anyways, yea Moby that definately is very well said. Good show.

9. Darth_Anakin29

Darth_Anakin29 Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    Thanks For excusing me and I'm sure soon enough I'll be hooked on epic duels...:)

10. TheDeadGuy

TheDeadGuy Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2004
    So, who's your speach writer? Impressive, I must say. =D=

Keep up the great work. Is that a chair in the senate I see with your name on it?

11. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Have the ads been released yet?
    If so where can they be seen?
    Or when will they be available?

Thanks.

12. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I've seen a few FanForces featured on TFN's main page since the CRs were asked to write something, but not the Rebels or Rhode Squadron, unless I missed them. I usually pay attention to TFN's main page each day but there are days where I don't have time to...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.