Fan force AWards 08 Fanfilm is cancelled

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Its that time of year again for fanfilm submissions.

All Fan films need to be submitted to strawbary by March 15th 2008

If for some reason you cannot make that deadline please pm me directly.

This is an important change this year:

1. All entries must be filmed by the actual chapters members.
    2. Entries cannot be from the previous year.
    3. All Content MUST BE PG Family friendly or it will be rejected.
    4. All films must be under 10 mins due to programming restraints.

All submissions should come via snail mail to strawbary. PM for shipping details.

Any questions please feel free to contact me :)

2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we will need at least 2 submissions to continue to have this category this year.
    Just a reminder the deadline is coming up soon.

If you intend on submitting one please PM me :) thanx!!
  3. StarFromIHJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Billy has a sumbission he filmed (starring DB 516 members). Has he gotten it to you yet?
  4. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a DVD of it sitting right here on my desk that is gathering dust. I need an address to send it out.
    Before anyone asks, Yes it meets all the new rule requirements.
    Has anyone else had luck submitting fan film yet this year? --Billy
  5. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ive had no submissions yet except for yours billy. Please PM me the link to yours for viewing before you mail it out.
    PM the link since i do not want them shown thru here yet :)

Thnx!
  6. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay will PM you that link right away, but let me make it very clear that I still do not have an address to send the physical copy of the video to.
    I have to point out that any possible submitters a little less persistant than I may not submit anything because of this difficulty.
    I guess DB516 will win the fanfic award easily with no competition :) --Billy
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    first off, i dont need the physical copy until after i view it online to determine its eligibilty.
    I have your link im set. ;)
    let me also make it very clear that with only one submission, no one will will by default. The category will be cancelled.

Same with Fanfic awards.
    We had one entry for that as well.
    Looks like that category is cancelled as well. We had one entry

Let me point out that their werent any "lack" of entries due to an address request.
    You were the only one with a film submission.

At this point i reviewed our options and after many days of long discussions with my husband who physically makes the awards and helps produce/write show, ,it saddens me to have to say ,that this years awards will have to be cancelled.

I know Long island is not familiar with how the show works and may not understand why we cannot continue to have this, however it takes alot of involvement not only on production side but by other chapters as well to even hold the event.
    The NE region has been very quiet this year overall and after reviewing all categories/lack of submissions/lack of interest overall, the event will have to be cancelled this year.

I appreciate all the efforts made by Long Island to get us into the I-con they did a great job.
    *applauds LI for their efforts*

Again, Long Island may be very upset and i do apologise for that however there are so many variables that go into it. I hope everyone understands.

Perhaps a later date this year in LI would be possible.Depends strongly on interest. We will have to look at conventions schedules once again and go from there.

Thanks to Pittsburgh for their offer of figures as well.
    We'll try again next year.
    Thanx guys
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.