main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Fan Force Awards 2005 for Northeast Region

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Just in case you weren't at the first one, these awards were given out to people and chapters in our region voted on by people in Northeast Fan Force Region.

Here is a list of the awards:

1. C3P0 award - (most talkative) This award will go to the chapter who has the most active forum on the FF boards.

2. R2D2 Award - This award goes to the chapter with the best website.

3. Chewie Award - This award goes to the Chapter with the best Fanfilm. This will be viewers Choice. The voting will be up to the members in the NE region. Please PM me a link to your Fanfilm where it can be viewed so I can link that to the boards once this is announced on FF.

4. Luke Award - Goes to the FF chapter who has grown not only grown in numbers by member count but has shown an overall improvement in their group as a whole.

5. Padme Award - This Award goes to Best Chapter Rep in the Region. This Cr must show strong leadership skills and overall great communication amongst their chapter and is an active voice with FF.

6. Leia Award - Goes to the Chapter who has been actively involved in charity events within their own community and has contributed to their Chapter hometown in some way.

7.Queen Amidala AWard - Best Costuming group. Goes to the Chapter with the best costumes overall as a group. In order to compete for this you will need to submit a group costumed photo.

8. Vader Award - This goes to the chapter with the best Forum Banner.

9. yoda Award- (service award)Our highest Award. This will go to the chapter /person in the NE region who has shown exceptional dedication to their love of Star Wars. Consistently has contributed in the FF community in some way.

strawbary one of the Northeast RSAs organizes the awards.

Here is the link on the Northeast Regional Dicussion forum

As far as I know there is no set time or place yet, but I am sure information will be available soon.

2. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I have found out that these awards will be held at the Pittsburgh Comic Con on April 21,22,23 2006.

Not sure I will be able to make these myself. That is a long ride and I am not much of a comic book fan anymore. No Star Wars guest as of yet or if any I don't know.

I went to the Wizard World Boston and found it at best for me not all that interesting.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy comics but not enough for me to travel 9 hours by car to go there.

I may change my decision depending on how many of my friends plan on going.

3. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    This sounds like an interesting weekend. I would like to go but not sure if I will be able to. I haven't been to Pittsburg in ages and would love to go back there. The only way I could go is if I was working back in the shop installing police equipment and worked a Sat to make up for a Friday. My current boss won't allow me to work a Sat for a Friday or any other day. So I have given up on taking days off since I only get a week at the day job.

I will have to wait and see if I can attend I would like to but that is up in the air until my company moves into our new building, which would mean my potential move back to where everyone thinks I belong. lol

4. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    NJO plans on being there!!! also they just signed there first SW guest.
    Bonnie Piesse (played beru in Episode 2)

They plan to sign a few more before the end of the month.

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    What is the cost of the con? I might be interested in going since I just found out I get two weeks off this year at my day job. lol Plus by April we will be slowing up some anyways the State Police cars should be done and out the door. I will just need to find someone else to go to share expenses.

6. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I received this invite in a PM from Fluke_Groundrunner

Your fan force chapter is cordially invited to attend the 2006 North East FanForce Awards Banquet on Saturday, April 22, 2006. The event will be hosted by the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh on the same weekend as the annual Pittsburgh Comicon, were several Star Wars celebrities are scheduled to appear.

If interested in attending, more detailed information is posted in the thread linked below.

2006 North East Fan Force Awards

Do not hesitate to ask any questions in that thread or by sending me a PM.

Thanks,
    Dan (Fluke_Groundrunner)
    President & City Rep
    Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh

Not sure if I will be able to make this one yet.
    I was at the Fan Force Awards at Empire Fan Fest. And I had a great time.

If you have any nomination please read there thread and send in the nominations for the awards which are posted at the beginning of this thread.

7. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I have been checking and it appears that a road trip would take about 9 hours from Massachusetts.

I would definetly go Jorge if you are positive you would go.

Anyone else?

Ray Park,Daniel Logan, and Bonnie Pesse are the Star Wars guests scheduled to appear.

Below is the info from the The Official 2006 North East FanForce Awards Banquet

***********************************************************************************

The Official 2006 North East FanForce Awards Banquet
    Hosted by the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh

When: 6:00 p.m. to Midnight, Saturday, April 22, 2006

Where: 2nd Floor Hyatt Regency Monroe Room

Ticket Price: $25 pre-registration, $30 day of event (limited number of these available)

The $25 registration fee includes ballroom rental, taxes and gratuity, and food.

Registration will begin for FanForce members as well as anyone and everyone else on friday. Registration for the event ends on April 7th so we can make the deadline to inform the hotel the number of guests attending.

Payment:
    Payments will be accepted through PayPal and through money orders.

PayPal I.D.:
    swapgh@gmail.com

Money Order Mail-To Address:

PM for mailing address

Getting in:

Your PayPal receipt is your ticket!

Show up to the Monroe room around 6pm. Once checked in you will be told what table you are sitting at along with a ticket to for the door prizes (tickets are limited to one per person).

If you pay by money order, you must send your name, address and city along with the money order so that when you check in at the table, we can verify your registration and direct you to the right table.

Security will be stationed throughout the event. No one will be allowed in without verification.

Your PayPal receipt is your ticket!

Food:
    At 6:00 p.m., the buffet line will open and you will be invited up by table name. The buffet will remain open until 8:00 p.m. Food is on a first come first serve basis and will contain the following:

Tossed Garden Salad
    Vegetable Medley Aioli
    Southern Fried Chicken
    Roast Top Round of Beef Jardinière
    Pasta in Marinara sauce
    Chef's choice of starch
    Chef's choice of vegetables
    Rolls and Butter
    Assorted Cakes and Pies

Drinks:
    Coffee, Decaf coffee, and iced tea will be available. Alcoholic beverages are available at the bar. Alcohol is not included with the price of admission and may be subject to ID verification.

Extras:

- If by chance Star Wars celebrities attend there will be a strict no autograph policy. The stars will sign autographs all day at the Pittsburgh Comicon. This is also a party for them.

- We will be taking donations during the Awards Banquet for the Sago Mine fund.

...more to come!

8. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    I plan on going I believe a few more from NJO plan on going too! Should be fun the last awds show was cool too!

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I hope some of you will take some time and check out all the chapters in the northeast and send nominations in for the awards. :)

Your votes help and count :)

10. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Chris, I know that you posted this somewhere but I can't find it now. Did you get a room for this yet? I was just curious. I know I can make it and have taken the time off from my work to head down. I just need to get my tickets for the con and the awards thing.

11. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    tickets for the banquet/awards show go off sale april 7th

http://boards.theforce.net/northeast_regional_discussion/b10088/23266953/p1/?0

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Just bumping this up so you guys and post some votes to help out.

Hey you can even vote for Foxboro on a few. ;)

But please take some time and check out some of the other chapters and vote.

13. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey guys nominations are due in by April 6th for the Northeast Fan Force Awards.

Please PM your nominations to strawbary

Do not post your nominations on the forums per strawbary's request.

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    If you are coming to the Comicon Banquet the deadline to get your money in is due 7th. Tickets are $25.

You have two options for payment

1. Paypal - the email address to send payment to is swapgh@gmail.com

or

2. Mail me a check

Terry Vattimo
    184 Hickory St
    McKees Rocks, PA 15136

We'd like to have our number of guests done by the 8th to reserve the room. If you are sending me a check please PM me to let me know.

15. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    One more day to get in your nominations.

Please help out with your input it does count.

Thanks

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    FanForce Awards Banquet Deadline Extended to 4/10. I decided to give everyone a couple extra days to get in thir money. I hope this helps with anyone that was on the fence about coming.

17. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    While down in Pittsburgh at the convention is there anything anyone might want me to pick up?

Let me know I leave the Thursday night before the con.

18. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    we are having an after awards celebration! Check out this forum for more info!

HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.