Fan Force Awards 2006 ~ winners announced !!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Maybe I'm a little confused.

Are the award categories set? What is the deadline to submit nominations?
  2. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Bueller.......Bueller......

Is this thing on?
  3. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is the official release/post that was supposed to come out Feb 8th any closer to being ready?

Is there anyone else other than Strawbary working on the ceremony? It seems like she's not able to keep up with it on her own. What needs to get done and how can I help?

~Doc_Bev
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm pretty sure Brother Halo is working on the powerpoint presentation. Plus greencat is helping I think.
  5. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess that's good to know, but I suppose I was specifically hoping to get an answer to the first question in my last post and BobaChris12's questions from Feb 15th.

~Doc_Bev
  6. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    My other question is when do the pictured need to be sent and where do they go to?
  7. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Is anyone else reading this forum, or is it just me?
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I talked to strawbary esterday. She is having problems getting on the net. To answer the questions about the types of awards it will be the same as last time. You can send the pictures to me at vlattimo@gmail.com. I will forward them on to her. I don't know if it's ok to put her email address up here in public.
  9. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I'll be sending them shortly. Thanks.
  10. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    thanks Terry for posting for me :) I have not had much internet access lately.

However, I should probably post an assurance here for those who are anxious. LOL

There is alot that goes into the awards and with pittsburgh hosting it they have done an excellent job on their end as far as making the arrangements, dinner, invites , hotel etc. :) Thanks guys! you rock!

As far as the production goes...... I have asked for picture donations and figures. everyone has complied. Now, the rest is my job as far as putting the programming of the show together, Compiling photos,videos, entertainment and actually making awards and programs.

All of this is done behind the scenes and is alot of work. Unfortunately its a task I have to do alone. The first one took several months of planning and so does this one. Because the show is a suprise and meant for entertainment I am not going to post what it entails. (sorry no hints either) LOL I do however appreciate the offer of help and believe me when I need help I ask for it. Brotherhalo will be putting the slideshow together so I have help there. (I suck at powerpoint) LOL

Now if because I havent posted a formal announcement for it makes it appear that I need help... well then I apologise for the lack of internet access as of late.
    However I am posting this to assure everyone that things are progressing on schedule. I am grateful for all of you who have been helping thus far. :) The awards would not be possible without everyones help!!!!

I will greatly need help at the actual event with running the laptop,video cameras and security. Any volunteers for that?

I have been recieving wonderful replies regarding entertainment. Keep them coming! Thanks everyone! With that information I am still trying to make the pieces of the puzzle fit.

Other than that...There isnt much left to do pittsburgh has all the arrangements for the venue, dinner etc... Again they rock!
    so now I am here busy putting the show together. :)

Only thing I guess I havent covered is the formal announcent. I guess I have been waiting since we have a website in the works however the award categories should still be announced.

We will use the same as last year with some suprise new ones (dont ask Im not telling) LOL
    I will go ahead and make a formal announcement thread and make it sticky for those to reference.

Thanks again for everyones help!
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Upping for your ticket purchasing pleasure.
  12. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    On Saturday they are showing all the Star Wars movies back to back in the movie marathon room. Plus they are showing a Star Wars Fan Film after Aotc. If you have down time on saturday that would be the room to check out.

SATURDAY April 22, 2006
    10:00 am
    PHANTON MENACE (PG)
    12:30 pm
    ATTACK OF THE CLONES (PG)
    3:00 pm
    Encore Presentation: STAR WARS FAN FILM: REIGN OF THE FALLEN
    4:00 pm
    REVENGE OF THE SITH (PG-13)
    6:30 pm
    A NEW HOPE SP. ED. (PG)
    9:00 pm
    EMPIRE STRIKES BACK SP. ED. (PG)
    11:30 pm
    RETURN OF THE JEDI SP. ED. (PG)
  13. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for this info Rox :)

I wasn't aware this was going on I am going to copy this info and post this on a few other of the fanforces I am a member of.

14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    No problem, there are other things going on too. I have to find the email I have. I will post stuff here when I get it.
  15. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Im getting very excited now! The engraving company for the trophies just called and confirmed the order.... yeehawwww!! 4 weeks and counting!
  16. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The planning is starting to get into the 'final details' stage. How exciting! Hope lots of people come and have lots of fun.

Strawbary, I have a friend who is working on getting our fanfilm on the internet. If he's sucessful, I'll pass the link onto you. Although I think the only way we'll win will be if no one else enters. :)

17. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    last awards show we had about 45 people which frankly I was shocked for it being first year and with all the last minute changes at the con the day of LOL
    But we survived and I am confident this year will be even better. I learned al;ot from the last show and it can only get better :)

Greencat what are our total confirmed numbers so far?
  18. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    We have 9 out of towners paid so far.
  19. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    how about from your group? how many confirmed?
  20. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Two, my wife and I. But I will expect mroe this weekend at the meeting. That's when I gave people to get me money for the banquet.
  21. Saberwielder315 Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you have any idea how many people we are going to have around this year?
  22. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that we have two from the Foxboro,MA boards myself and darthlucanus aka Chris. I need to get my ticket for the con as well as the awards meet. I will do that this weekend.
  23. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    well, with those numbers we are looking at roughly 35 which is still lower than last years awards. :(

However 35 is still a great number and I am excited to see everyone!
    I think we will get some last minute stragglers as well, its all good!

I spoke with greencat this evening and went over some time frames and such and we have a special event after the awards Iw ill announce very very soon ;)

muwahahahahahahahaha
  24. SamZimmerman Jedi Padawan

I found out about the Fanforce too late to plain a trip. Maybe in 07.
  25. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    sweeet! where are you from?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.