main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Fan Force Awards 2008 Figure Donations - Please read !!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ok, its that time of year again. :) As most of you know the awards always come out of my pocket and I heavily rely on donations from everyone to make it all possible.

Since the Holidays are upon us I know alot of you will be out shopping ;) so if you happen to see a figure on sale or perhaps have an extra in your collection, please donate it to the awards. :)

I am looking for the following figures :(please keep in mind we need mulitples of these this year :)

1. Darth Vader
    2. Princess Leia
    3. Queen Amidala (she always seem to be a tough one to find)
    4. Yoda
    5. Chewie
    6. Han solo
    7. R2D2
    8. C3P0
    9. Luke

I will update the list as needed :)

thanks again to everyone in the past who has donated. The awards are not possible without everyones help :)

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    During our gig at the Village Gate Toy Show, I'll have our chapter members scout (I'll be "stuck" at the table probably) the dealer tables to see if we can't find some of these figures loose or carded for cheap.

~Doc_Bev

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I'll check my doubles too when I go up to the attic for the Christmas decorations.

4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I've found an Amidala for you! I'll make sure you get it soon.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/potj/POTJqueentravelfront.jpg]

5. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Give me a couple of days to check my doubles and we can ship them together.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    All the figures I saw at the toy show were overpriced.
    I don't know if any of the North Ridge folks got a chance to leave their tables to check out the show.

~Doc_Bev

7. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    whooot !!!!! thx guys! [:D]

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    havent recieved any figures yet and i didnt have any luck finding any at the holidays. I will be making a decision at the end of Feb if we will continue to do the awards this year or not.
    There has been little participation in the region lately due to everyones schedules and other interests. Unfortunately i cannot fund the awards this year like i have in the past so every donation helps.

I know January may seem early for awards talk in april however it take months of preparing and my schedule does not allow me to cram it in at the last minute lol

So if anyone does have some figures please let me know. I will need to make a decision in the next 4 weeks.
    Thank you to those who have shown support :)

9. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    *grin* resend me your address and I'll mail you some figs.

I think that having the awards on a smaller scale would be better than not having them at all. (Strawbary, all those gift bags and extras, while very nice, are very expensive. Just doing the award statues themselves would be spiffy)

We Pittsburgh folks were just chatting about the NE Awards (lol, yes part of the conversation was yippee we aren't hosting this year). We are looking forward to the 2008 awards. Long Island is hosting this year, aren't they? What all are they planning? When is it going to be? Pittsburgh ComiCon is April 25,26 and 27. Pgh FF is still sponsoring panels, kids room, Friday night social, and tattoo contest. We couldn't remember the date of the NE Awards and are hoping it doesn't conflict with ComiCon.

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    this year the awards are a diff them and something diff altogether. so it will be cheaper for me however the inital cost of figures is still an issue for me atm.

Im glad your group is excited to come out and watch this year. will be a nice change of pace.
    the awards are at SUNY I-Con (April 4-6 2008- Stony Brook,NY)
    so u shuldnt have any conflicts.

I will post a formal announcemt shortly. Still gathreing details.
    Hope to see you there!

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    as of now i still have not recieved any donations. This is cutting it pretty close for me to be honest.

I will make the deadline by Feb 28th. Thats way past the time that i need them by not to mention order the engraving. So if anyone does have figures once again your help is greatly appreciated :)
    OTherwise i would hate to get stuck handing out paper awards ;)

12. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    PM me your address and I'll send the Amidala figure I have...

13. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    DB 516 is willing to donate a few. Just let us know what you still need. You probably won't get them until early March though.

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    the entire list i believe is posted, i dont have any figure donations yet. :(

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So do you need a different Amidala other than the one Gil's been trying to send you since early December?

~Doc_Bev

16. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    strawbary, when you say that you need multiples of each figure, how many are you talikig about? Is it 2? 3? More?

--Daniel

17. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I have Han, Vader, and Luke to donate. I just dont know where to send them. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.