main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Fan Force City Representative.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Minder, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Fan Force City Representative.

Well I have the pleasure of announcing, that with the gathering of Fan Force members at the Ottawa 67?s game on Jan 06 2006, Ottawa has vaulted another hurdle in its quest to become an official Fan Force chapter!!

After conversations with Mike, I am told that the next step is to decide on a City Rep.

I would like to put my name up for this job, and I would like to invite anyone else who would be interested in the job to also put his or her names up.

I will be putting together a gathering where we can discuss it face to face, and as always we can discuss it here.

2. Yiddle_ja

Yiddle_ja Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    short of having met anyone here i can really put my vote in for anyone in particular...however does one need the ubar expensive costume to participate in said Fan Force events?

3. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Fan Force activities are always NON Costume events.

Members of The Ottawa Fan Force chapter may (And do) organize costume events on their own which may or may not also be affiliated with other costuming clubs such ad the 501'st or the Rebel Leigon, however these have nothing to do with the Fan Force chapter other than the people are in the 2 groups.

So to answer your question, No fan force events do not require a costume :)

4. TR1320

TR1320 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2006
    ***Begin Imperial transmission***

Greetings,

Fan-Force Event? I think a correction has to be made... It was a 501st sanctionned event.

In any case I was happy that you made it out with your costume (which looked really good!)

TR1320 signing out

Loyal, Hard-working, Expendable?
    Join the 501st!

***End Transmission***

5. Minder

May 28, 2002
    TR1320

We were not speaking of a particular event, The question was "do you need a costume for a Fan Force event" and the answer was "No"

The Ottawa 67's Was a 501'st event and we all just happened to be Fan Force members also.

It gets Blurry dont it? :)

6. BH-1905

BH-1905 Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2005
    Hey all,
    Not sure what the responsibilities are of a "Fan Force Representative", I guess they are just our single point of contact for information exchange but if we are nominating people to be our "Representative" I'll have to nominate "VaderFanForever". No offence to other nominees..this is just my two cents.

He is Darth Vader first and foremost, I could stop there but, he is a long time 501st member and is quite visible in many of the on-line forums. He has several contacts from past 501st events and with the 501st troops in surrounding areas.

I know "VaderFanForever" has been trying to get a Fan Force going from the first event here in Ottawa, before I had heard of a Fan Force. He has been trying to raise our visibility in the community for a year now.

I have done 9 successful 501st events with him in the past year alone. He had also done events in Ottawa with the Toronto 501st members where I was unable to attend. He also has plans and is in talks with organizers for several events coming up this summer.

Here are the Ottawa Area Events we have done this past year:

1) Pepsi Sales Event/ Charity Donation - Organized by VaderFanForever
    2) Episode III Premiere - Organized by VaderFanForever
    3) CHEO visit - Organized by VaderFanForever
    4) Toys On Fire - Grand Opening - Organized by BH-1905
    5) Stittsville Feast Parade - Organized by BH-1905
    6) A Channel - Halloween Event - Organized by BH-1905
    7) Toys On Fire - Halloween Madness - Organized by BH-1905
    8) Help Santa Toy Parade - Organized by BH-1905
    9) Ottawa 67's/Make a Wish Event - Organized by VaderFanForever

So I guess we should all wait until we have any other nominees and then have some sort of vote or something?

Thanks,
    Jay (BH-1905)

7. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Vader ? Do you want to let your name stand for the job of City Rep?

8. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Guys,

I really appreciate the vote of confidence. It would be an honor to be the Ottawa City Rep.

However, in my opinion, I feel that there really is no need for just one person to handle everything on his/her own. I think of us as a team. We get gigs as a team...we go to events as a team. That is what the 501st/FanForce is all about!! I don't think it should just be "One" person that does all the work. If you have your ears to the ground, and you hear of an event that you think we would love to do, (I don't think we would pass on it ;), then let everyone know!!

But as the Ottawa City Rep, I will do my best to let you ALL know of any events we would be able to attend. And if you hear something, post it! On the other hand, as a member of the 501st, I feel that as the "bad guys" of Star Wars, we would be MUCH more recognizable at events if we just went as we have in the past...the bad guys. I mean, I think a Darth Maul/Vader, Boba Fett, Imperial Guard (or Ninja..sorry Luc) would have the kids go crazy compaired to "some Jedi scum."

Again, it would be my honor to be the Ottawa City Rep. Just let me know what my responsibilites are, and I will do my best to get it done!!

Shesh! You would think I am wanting to be a Co or something ;)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Elijah Phillips

VaderFanForever

Long Live the Empire!!!

9. Minder

May 28, 2002
    You bring up a good point.

Ill ask Mike to put up a list of the City Reps responsibilities.

10. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry for taking so long to post in this thread.

Actually gang your chapter is now official and you do not need a city rep to be official. A city rep is chosen by you all and can be done by a simple vote.

As far as what the role of a City Rep is, quite simply the City Rep is the chapter represenative for FanForce. They keep an eye on what is going on in their chapter here on the boards and keep harmony among the chapter members.
    They also take take of and co-ordinate fairly regular events and meetings between the chapter members. They will also be given access to a special City
    Rep message board where they will be able to talk with other city reps all
    over the world. The CR also gets a blue colours and an official title of "City Rep"

I am always available to answer any questions you may have.

Please remember that I can host your banner if you want to create one.

11. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Mike,

Thanks so much for posting that info.

We are now offical guys and gals!!! SWEET!

As for our banner, Atomik's first attempt I think is very good. HEre is the link:

http://boards.theforce.net/ottawa_on/b10742/19924367/p1/?26

Atomik's first version is in the first post on this thread. It is also the same one we used for the cards at the 67's game.

If anyone else would like have this as our header, please say so! I think it is very fitting!

Mike, thanks for all the help! I hope we can make this work!!

Elijah - VaderFanForever

12. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Vader

Unfortunately Atomik?s banner is not formatted correctly for use as a Banner for us. I have asked him if he could help us fix it up, but so far he has not been able to find the time. I am actually in the process of fixing it, but I will need his permission to use it as he created it.

I am also preparing an alternative just in case we can?t contact him. I am finding this to be a fairly difficult task, but I hope to finish this week. When I am done I will post the results for discussion.

13. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Can't wait to see it Rob!

Too bad it has been a challange for you to get ahold of Atomik for the banner.

Again, I am looking forward to seeing what you have done!

Eli - VaderFanForever

14. Yiddle_ja

Yiddle_ja Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    awsome news on the officialness of the fanforce. I would also nominate Vader fan forever based on said point previously stated. He's fairly active in the forums and also around the city as shown in Ottawa sun, Silvercity Gloucester etc...

15. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I forgot to mention that you folks need to pick a name for your chapter.

16. Minder

May 28, 2002
    VaderFanForever, It looks like only you and who are interested in taking on the job.

I spoke to CrazyMike on how we do this, and ensure that everyone is a current Ottawa Fan Force memner, and if you have no objections, I will put up a post opening up the vote, and instructing everyone what to do.

PS: How long do you suggest we leave it open?

Minder

17. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    I suggest we leave it up until next Friday. How does that sound? That way, people will have a chance to see this, and take time to vote!!

VFF

18. Minder

May 28, 2002
    KK

Ill make the post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.