main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Fan Force: Detroit

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheHuntressDiana, Feb 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I was curious as to how Detroit could become an official "Fan Force" city...so I went looking for the answer. And after a little bit of searching, I found it (in the FAQ in the "general" section).

I'm confident that we can achieve the status of an official FF City... So read on! :)

**How can my city be recognized by TFN as an OFFICIAL FanForce City?

Well, it's simple. Each metropolitan city is divided into regions. (You can view a list of U.S regions and International Regions here.) These regions are also "categories" on the FanForce Discussion Forums. These regions contain unique City forums, where Star Wars fans and TFN users can get together online and meet fellow, like-minded fans from their area. But FanForce is not about the "online" world. The "online" world at TFN FanForce is just a tool to help these cities effectively run their FanForce. With that being said, each City Forum is encouraged to form a grass-roots club, which will become the local official embodiment of TheForce.Net. This club or group will be referred to as a FanForce!

The following is a list of pre-requisites in order for your city group to be recognized as an official TFN FanForce:

1) Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!

2) Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the Internet alone!

3) [IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.

4) Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general.

5) A local FanForce can be run any way the fans of that city wish it to be run. All we ask is that you use our TFN FanForce City Forums as your online meeting place!

(Special consideration can be given to city groups and clubs that have demonstrated a sustained membership and record of activity). Some will question why we have these stipulations to gaining FanForce status. The answer is simple. We don't want FanForce cities that do nothing but talk to each other on the forums. FanForce is much more dynamic than that. We want to hear about what you're doing -- whether it's Star Wars-related or not. Star Wars is what brought us all together, but our community involvement with one another is the glue that will keep us that way.

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Thank you for posting this Diana.I had a few lingering questions about FF myself and your posting answered some of them.

Just to let the newer people know where we stand right now,out of the three required meetings,we've had one.Our next one is planned for March 9,but no meeting place has been determined yet.We also plan to have a meeting in April,that way our requirements can be fulfilled before Celebration II and before AOTC opens.

We have not elected a city rep as of yet.We wanted to have jedi-mind-trick fill that spot,but no one has heard from her and she wasn't at the first meeting.Hopefully,we will hear from her,but,if not,we will have to elect a city rep,at least by the time of the April meeting.

I don't know if FF's have other officers besides a city rep.Maybe that's for each group to decide.That would be a good point to raise at the March meeting,deciding what officers to have and who's interested in filling those spots.

3. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    You know, I was thinking about the dates of the meeting...and March 9th is the 2nd Saturday of the month. The February 9th meeting was the 2nd Saturday of the month as well.

Why don't we make the 2nd Saturday of every month the tentative-permanent day we meet? What'cha think?

It's just something that came to mind as I was looking at the calendar this morning.

4. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    That sounds like a plan.You should bring that up at the next meeting.

5. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    March 9, huh? I actually might be able to make it to that one then, it's my weekend off. :)

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Has anyone posted this meeting on the main FanForce.Net page? If not, I can help you with that. Also, is this Detroit's first official meeting?

7. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I belive it's the 2nd Official meeting.

The first one was listed on the main MidWest page....it was back at the beginning of the month (Feb.).

8. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Ok. :)

If you have locked down March 9th, let me know and I'll get it posted for you on the main page of FanForce.Net. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.