main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Fan Force Formation meeting.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rholynn, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rholynn

Rholynn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Whose interested?
    Where should we meet and when?
    What would we discuss?

Last time we met at Jed's in Toledo on a Saturday afternoon and dicussed each other's interests, possibilities for the Northwest Ohio chapter, and names.

2. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    You know I'd be in!

When wouldn't matter too much. A weekend would probably be the best for me, though I could make it on a week night. And as far as dates, that's probably best left til we get a better idea of attendees.

As far as where, I thought that Jed's worked real well for us. They were nice about letting us just sit and talk and keep our drinks filled. I'm sure there's gotta be some other places that would work as well or better, though.

Subject matter would also depend on the interests of the attendees. Of course, we'd have to discuss things pertinent to the future of the group.

3. donna

donna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    If we want to gather more members, there are a few places that I've seen in Bowling Green that we could hang up flyers. I'd be willing to do that. I'm sure there are places in Toledo also.

As far a place to meet, I love Jeds so that would be fine with me. Or do we want to meet halfway between Toledo and Tiffin?

4. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    I'm glad to see renewed posting for this forum. I think Jed's worked well but I know that you guys would probably like some place more centerally located. Is there any good places to meet in Bowling Green?

I can try to post some things up at UT and ask the local gaming/comic shop.

Also is anyone interested in going to Cedar Point on August 23rd with the Jedi Knights of Cleveland?

5. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    There was always interest in posting, but if we had, it would have just me and Tobey-Wan posting back and forth! So welcome back Rholynn!!

I think we should have the next meeting, even if for now it is just the three of us...lets make it official! Recruiting new members could be a topic for that meeting?

There are some good places in BG actually... I've been going there alot because the theater downtown shows good movies that done come to the regular theater (like 28 days later)

6. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Sorry for the long abscence...I had roomate trouble followed by me taking over for him as President of our college Civil Engineering society, and just got so busy I could barely even get on my computer. It's great to get back to the forums.

BG sounds good to me...don't want make you guys drive all the way up here and me only 10 min. minutes away. hehe =-D

7. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    BG would work for me as well.

And as much as I'd like to go to CP on August 23rd, my brother is getting married that day.

8. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    How about Buffalo Wild Wings in BG sometime in late July or early August?

Maybe we could even try a meeting at a Mud Hens game? That sounds more like a post-formation event though.

9. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I've never been to Buffalo Wild Wings, but I've heard they're good. Maybe August would be good and then we could try to get some flyers out beforehand?

And I like the idea of the Mud Hen's game for something post-formation.

10. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    There is a Frickers, a BW3 and a Jed's in BG, as well as A Panera Bread (Yum). There is also a small gaming shop.

BW3's is great, I love their wings.

11. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    I agree Donna...BW3's has the greatest wings!

August sounds good to me. How about either the 16th or the 30th? UT starts back for Fall on the 25th so we might be able to pick up a few people after that.

12. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    Does anyone have any open dates maybe a bit closer then the end of August? I'm afraid if we wait too long life might get in the way and then we havent had a meeting.

My idea would be to have the next meeting with the three of us and then we can come up with a plan to recruit new members. We'll be offical, we can make flyers and plan another meeting... after school starts.

13. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Good thinking. I'm open for any date really, perferably on a Sat. I'll add that to the tentative agenda.

Things we have to do:
    1) Become offical with our third meeting
    2) Recruitment plan
    3) Have fun
    4) Eat food
    5) Have more fun
    6) Finalize name
    7) Possible logo
    8) Have even more fun
    9) Possible website
    10) City Rep
    11) Organizational structure

14. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    Finalize name? possible logo?

15. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Man Donna now your getting way too serious.....heheheh just kidding...forgot to add those things.

By the way, I'm working on a logo if we decide to go with the Black Swamp Squadron idea.

16. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, we'll have to check the "Becoming Official" FAQ to make sure know exactly what we need to do. I'll look into that and let you guys know.

And if we're only going to have the three of us for this one, let's see if we can get a date hammered out. How soon do we want to do this? I could possibly do next Sunday, but after that my weekends are pretty booked until the weekend of the the 9th of August. Suggestions?

17. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    According to the FAQ all we have to do is have three meetings/events. I think we've covered everything else.

By next Sunday do you mean the 13th or the 20th? I've got a family reunion on the 13th. August 9th is free for me I think and I'll just be getting done with Summer classes so that will be a relief and reason to go out.

Another addition to the agenda would be to choose a City Rep and create and organizational structure for when we get more members (i.e. basic rules, officers)

18. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I meant the 20th.

And there's a thread by Sebulba-X that details all the things we need to have figured out. Most of the things won't be too hard to figure out. I'll try to bring my laptop to the meeting so that if we have some logos to look at or forum color schemes we want to test out we can do so.

19. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    July 19th or 20th would be great for me.

From what I see we are well on our way to being offical. I do however, suggest we take Sebulba X on the suggestion that we change the forum name to Northwest Ohio though as to not seem like we're limiting ourselves to Toledo.

I've also sent a few PM's to some of the people that have posted in this forum before, requesting their help and input.

20. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, some of those people are gonna receive multiple PM's then. Oh well.

We're certainly well on our way, just need to make sure we don't forget something!

21. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    July 19th or 20th works for me, I cant think of anything going on.

22. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, it would have to be on the 20th if there's any possibility I could go. I'm going to be working on a work project on the 19th and it could run into the 20th. I won't actually know until that weekend, though. It might be best to just avoid that weekend unless absolutely necessary.

23. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    It's starting to look like August 9th will be our meeting.. unless someone has an evening free? Also, did we settle on BW3's as a meeting place?

If we agree on the 9th, lets see about getting some flyers up to attract a few more people.

24. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I could do a weeknight to try to speed things up if necessary. Thursdays are the only nights that would be out for me.

25. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Weeknights are pretty much out for me right now, with hw from summer classes. The 9th works for me, and BW3's sounds good if there are no other suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.