main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Force Holiday Contest ! Winner Announced

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by DarthJurist, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    And now for something completely silly and fun. 8-}

Beginning? now? and ending on December 21, 2005, FF Community will play host to the first annual inaugural premiere Holiday Contest. The goal of this contest is to have fun, give everyone an excuse to goof off from shopping and/or work, and put your creative talents to good use.

What you do

Create a piece of graphic art similar to a Holiday/Christmas card that includes the normal ?Warm wishes... ?, pictures of your club or from your city, some catchy language, etc. If at all possible, try to be funny, since sad cards probably won?t win this contest. The goal is to convince the FF Staff that your club is the uber-awsometacular best Fan Force Chapter EVAR, or at least the best at making Holiday cards. You?ll need to post a link here so that the image can be viewed, and the contest closes at 6 pm Boardtime on the 21st.

What we do

On the 21st, I?ll pester as many mods as I can find to vote. The winner will be announced about 9 am Chicago time since I?m leaving town by noon. Since we?ll have the holiday banner up in here, the winner will reap the rewards of their hard work after the holiday banner comes down in early January.

What you win.

This will depend on the chapter. If you chapter has a custom banner, it will be put up here in FF Community for at least a week (more if I?m out of town or just forget). Or you can create a custom banner. Or, the winning chapter can pick a banner to be put up, or something similar. Or, you can pick the colors for the mods that are willing to partake. We'll figure that out as we go along.

Muchas Gracias to evil-incarnate for the excellent idea. [face_dancing]

Feel free to offer questions or comments, since the above was drafted by me at 1 am while taking a break wrapping presents. Due the casual and informal and low key nature of this game, the rules may be altered if I realized I had a brain fart about something (sorry). :oops:

Ok, back to wrapping.

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Fantastic! I eagerly await all the entries, this should be good fun! :D

3. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    One week down, one to go.

Zero entries.

At this rate, I'll be able to spend all of next Wednesday night packing and enjoying some 'holiday refreshments'.

Yo ho, ho,. ?. and a bottle of peppermint schnapps.

On second thought, packing and schnapps probably shouldn?t mix. I?d probably end up wearing my rubber ducky pj pants and a bright red fleece hoodie to midnight mass. My parents would thrilled (although it would be nice and comfy in case I fall asleep)? but I digress.

So. Any entries? Any interest? Any good tips for what I should bring to my FF Christmas party on Saturday?

Ever your humble servent...

~H~

4. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    As far as I am aware, SAFF is cooking up an entry, but other than that . . . :(

5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    we have a plan.. but executing is proving more difficult than we had hoped.

6. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Little less than 24 hours...

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we already posted our entry in the CR thread.. but it occured to me both threads say post image link here.. so I better post here as well.... this is our entry for the contest..

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/christmas%20card%20ideas/vaderandsantatffcard.jpg]

8. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    Oooh heck, I hadn't seen that before today... And our City Rep seems to have failed to transmit the message to our local artists!

Well, 'till next year ^^ And LOL at Tucson's entry [face_laugh]

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Go Tucson! [face_dancing]

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    hello??? the deadline came and went.. and no one is around saying anything.. is it extended.. or over.. or something else

11. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    As said above

...the contest closes at 6 pm Boardtime on the 21st.

Ergo it ended just 15 mintues ago. ;)

In case there's any question... the contest is closed.

~H~

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    so the time is an hour in front of us.. not behind us.. I was thinking the board time was central time which meant one hour ahead of arizona.. but instead it is one hour behind arizona.. I am so confused.. what time zone do the boards use?

13. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Um.... two hours behind Chicago, which is central time. I'm not sure what or where that's based, but I'm sure some website out there will provide the answer. :p Pacific maybe? Is Arizona Mountain or Pacific? If you guys are Mountain, then it's got to be Pacific.

//matters not

Well, I'm happy to announce that Arizona is the winner of the official Fan Force Holiday Contest. Yea!!!

[face_dancing]

Since you guys don't seem to have a custom banner, you can either choose which banner should be put up here for a while, or you can choose the colors for the FF mods for approx. one week.

Again, thanks for playing, and congrats!

14. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    We're Tucson!!!! :p

The Little Fan Force That Could! :D [face_dancing]

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we actually do have a custom banner.. our own Sec/His made us one to use. so we are thrilled with that even more now.

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Arizona is an odd and unique state in that we do not participate in daylight savings time.. so in the spring/summer we are two hours behind central time zone and in the fall/winter we are one hour behind central time zone.. right now central time zone is 10:05pm and here in Arizona we are 9:05pm. But the other states around us do participate in daylight savings.. and I honestly do not have a clue what time zone that puts us in.. I just call it Arizona time.. I only know central and eastern time zone because my kids live in the central time zone and my sister lives in the eastern time zone. anything about mountain or pacific.. or standard mountain.. or any of that stuff.. I don't have a clue. [face_blush] @};-

17. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Congratulations, guys! Well done. :)

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    thank you. It was a major communtiy effort. we have been passing around our christmas photos all day to people.. I know I have sent out dozens of email christmas cards to my friends and family.. with all of our different photos.. we had at least four different poses and then several of each pose.. we had a lot of fun doing it.. Just remembering seeing my fiance dressed up as santa is enough to keep me very giggly for a long time to come.. it was hysterical in that he gave me a look that said if I didn't stop laughing he wasn't gonna cooperate. I have to give major kudo's to my fiance... poor guy.. I have put him threw the ringer this year with the fan force!! O:)

19. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Thank you your Boogieness. [face_dancing]

20. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    =D=
    Congrats Jada and team!

21. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Congratulations! =D=

Looks forward to the changes. ;) :D

22. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Congrats !!!! =D=

I'm actually un-aware if my Chapter actually got around to submitting one...

23. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Congrats, Arizona! :D

Yes, the deadline has well and truely past, but I might as well post two pictures I worked on (for the SAFF) that do sorta look like christmas cards. I didn't intend for them to be, but the CR suggested I show 'em here. ;)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/dashleebo/SAFFsaberspicnic.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/dashleebo/SAFFtreesabers2.jpg]

So many sabers! :eek:

24. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Congratulations! :D

And when do we get to see the christmas card of Arizona?? [face_batting] ;)

25. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Its above .... is it not ?? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.