main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Fan Force Meeting?!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by orothelous, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orothelous

orothelous Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    Hello fellow SW fans,

I am 28 and live in bellevue and am an avid SW fan. I see that a very common thread is the lack of meetings or activities. I would love to help organize a function, I live in a small apartment so that wouldnt be the best place to hold it. However there are many places, Starbucks, Restaurants, etc. Where we can at least have a gathering and get started being more active. If you are interested please reply and let me know what days might be best, and where we are all located so we can find a good middleground area to meet. I hope that we can rather quickly organize some kind of get together.

"Your focus determines your reality"
    - Qui-Gon Jinn

2. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    I'm definatly down. I want to establish a counsil to be a little more organized. I noticed since going this forum, I've noticed that not too many people get on here regularly. Sundays are good for me.

3. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Go for it! We tried Starbucks at one time but they have tiny tables only suited for 2-3 people. Borders has bigger tables, especially at the Southcenter store. King Co libraries will let you have a community room for free but most aren't open past 4 or 5 on Sat & Sun

4. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I like what I'm hearing! I'm thinking maybe sunday March 12th, that should give us some time to get organised and let everybody know. I'm gonna find some possible meeting places today, and post what I find.

5. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    ^_^ very cool..let me know if i can be any help, i work at southcenter mall. i'm really looking forward to a meeting. i've never been to one but i'm in awe of the other ff's websites. also, in spokane they're talkin about having a state wide event during the summer...exciting! Anyways the email: mikyl_sandoval6@yahoo.com.hk

6. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I rescind march 12th as a good day for me, I have been notified by a higher power (my wife) that it will not work. As for location the bellevue regional library has free conference rooms and one can seat up to 190 people. Lets see if we can fill it up!

7. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Hey Seattle People! This is Eledaia from the Spokantina. Yes, we are starting to plan a Washington meet-up this summer. We would really appreciate it if you could discuss at your meeting the dates you would be able to attend this summer bash. We would love to have as many Washington FanForcers as possible attend, so we want to plan it on a day when most everyone can make it!

Oh! And Jarus Sarn from our group does our website, and he lives and breathes garphic design. He wanted me to pass on that he would love to help you design a logo and possibly a website if you are interested. He designed the Tri-Cities logo for them.

Also, our fanforce would be happy to answer any questions you might have about running a fanforce. We pretty much had to start ours from scratch and learn most things the hard way. I'm just happy to see some action on your boards! I forsee that Seattle will grow to be a great fanforce...

8. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    The following is a post I left intitled "idea from a new member":
    "Hi, I'm a lil' new to the whole ff thing but I'm a artist and a fan. I'm mainly interested in the expanded universe. The Alpha Base and Garrison Titan are really cool and highly organized, but it seems like they are more interested in copying the characters in the prequal/sequal...I have made my own character, Maco Star, as I was playing KOTOR 2. I have drawn this character and truly formed his past and place in the SW universe. I love the idea of costumes, however, I would like to be able to express my creativity and use my own character instead of being Mace Windu or Lando Calrisian (I'm Pacific Islander) or a clone trooper...there is not a wide variety of characters of jedi that are not white. I love the idea of supporting the FF and truely being creative with our own ideas."...let me know what ya'll think.

9. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    what about march 19th..in southcenter, tukwilla. i'll find a place.

10. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Southcenter is ok for me. I actually was hoping for maybe a saturday night what do you think?

11. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Hey folks.

How many people do you suppose would attend this.

I have a buddy with a big house down here in Kent. Not to far from Southcenter Mall. Pretty sure he would let us have it there.

I have a workshop too.

[image=http://idisk.mac.com/micdavis/Public/shop1.jpg]

[image=http://idisk.mac.com/micdavis/Public/shop2.jpg]

Any date would be cool with me. Only been in the Seattle area around two months. Used to be part of the San Diego Star Wars Society.

Got something special I could show from the making of ROTJ at the meeting.

12. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Great! Not sure how many people we are expecting yet. Hoping for a lot! I am in the process of trying to get more people here so hopefully we can have an idea soon.

13. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003

I checked with my buddy and we can pretty much do it at his place in Kent.

Big house plenty of room for 20 or more.

14. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Is your buddy a SW fan!

15. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003

Not at my level but he understands.

The sooner the better if we decide ona date.

16. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Southcenter sounds cool to me, haven't been there in awhile.

17. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    i'll still look for a place...sat nights coo for me too...depending on how many people are goin to be there we could do it at that guys house.

18. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I like Saturday night, can we plan on the 18th then. As for the location I'm ok with Micdavis's friends house, assuming we get 20 or less people.

19. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003
    The place is huge. It could handle more.

The is also a sculpture from Burning Man in the backyard what we can fire up (literally) as an extra bit of coolness.

Plenty of room I assure you.

So we just want to call it March 18th?

20. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I'm in for that date.

21. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Seeing as how we have a tentative date and location, whose got ideas for our meeting? Like how often we should meet, activities, events, etc...

22. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Queen Anne here! :) I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with people. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town on the weekend of 3/18-3/19, but would be up for any future gatherings. :D

23. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Sweet! More people is good.

How many of us read the SW novels? I'm a big fan of the EU.

24. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    hey mic !!

good to see those workshop pics again !!! now how about that ark? LOL

welcome to the (very) soggy NW

NWJEDI
    dave

25. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003

You must be an RPF member.

So are we going to find another meeting place or should I lock down my friend house for the 18th?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.