main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Fan Force Meeting?!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by orothelous, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orothelous

orothelous Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    It's fine for me and I didn't hear anyone object. whereabouts in Kent is the place?

davenwjedi?
    You interested in the fanforce meeting dood?

2. Jedi_Master_Johns

Jedi_Master_Johns Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2005
    I could possibly be in for some of this. I'll be much more available come May but I'm a HUGE fan of EU. I had such a great time interacting with fans waiting in line to see ROTS (the best day of my life) and so I'm most defenantly interested in something like this. I live in a small city called Sammamish, close to Redmond.

3. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Good to have you, Master Johns!

I talked to JediRacer (who's the rep for the pacific fanforce, and he is going to get our meeting posted on the front page of force.net under fanforce. We need to concrete our details: date, time, details of meeting. Once we've done that I'll write up a blurb about the meeting and then we should get some more peeps signed up.

4. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Okay.

If we are cool with my buddies place.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?name=&addr=21611+100th+Ave+Se&state=WA&csz=Kent%2C+WA+98031-2063&ds=n&uzip=98031&mag=4&desc=&country=US&dma=819&cat=trav&resize=l&trf=0&lat=47.408528&lon=-122.207602&mlt=47.408528&mln=-122.207602&rezoom=0&.intl=us&addrtype=9&compass=&i_ov=1&appid=&pan_x=0&pan_y=0&panable=1

Otter's Den
    21611 100th Ave. SE.
    Kent WA 98031

I will also bring a reel of Super 8 film that a friend of mine shot on the desert set for ROTJ.

It's about 8 minutes of behind the scenes footage, including Han hitting Fett with the vibro-axe, R2s galore, Mark Hamill working out, GL, and Harrison Ford with no shirt.

5. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I know that area, over by Winco, and that film sounds awesome.

I'm thinking 6:30 or 7:00. I'll go ahead and write up a paragraph about it, and post it next week.

6. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
  7. Jedi_Master_Johns

Jedi_Master_Johns Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2005
    alright great. haha, an idea for a future meeting would be that we plan to have an all day star wars marathon. My friends and I did that- watched all 6 in a row, from 1 to 6 in ONE day. It took from 8:30 to around 11 at night but it was great. Mebe just one of the trilogies would work better but I think this would be cool.

8. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Alright, I got JediRacer to make a post on the main page. We're set to go now, the whole world knows.

9. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I was just thinking about that the other day actually. All six would take a while but one trilogy at a time sounds like a good idea to me. I also have both the clone wars cartoon dvd's, haven't bought the droids or ewoks ones though (not sure if I want to).

10. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003

The San Diego group routinely would do movie marathons.

We did the OT, Indiana Jones, LOTR. It's long haul and few can stick it out. But I can.

We were also fortunate to have an excellent location for it, with a 12 foot rear projected screen and compy chairs.

11. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    The place we're meeting has this stuff?

12. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003
    No, No. It was place I worked in San Diego.

Not to say we couldn't make that happen at Otter's Den.

Hmmmmm.

Plenty of large TVs at this place though.

13. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Oops, my bad I misread an "are" instead of "were".

So is this a guy's house or a business or what? You call it the "otter's den" so I'm kinda confused.

14. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003

The guy's nickname is Otter.

It is a residence but it's on an acre of land at the end of a street.

Pretty big house. Plus two garages.

15. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Hey guys,
    Just wanted to try and get an estimate of who plans on attending our 3-18 meeting right now. If you will be coming could you just post something so I can get a head count.

16. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003

Well....I'll be there. And Dave.

And I know two others who are coming.

17. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    hey orothelous ! greetings !

meeting? well i'm pretty much booked up working 6-7 days a week so on my off day i'm usually relaxing and trying to chip away at my "honey-do" list...

i usually keep tabs through the forums and if i do get a chance i'll see if i can slip away for one...

thx for the invite!

NWJEDI
    dave

18. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    i'm in mos def...just need directions...sorry for my absence...my internet has been down!!

19. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Cool, there is a link in one of micdavis' posts, and the address is there if you want to mapquest.

20. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003
    I never saw a post on the Alpha Base and Garrison Titan boards.

Did you post there?

21. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    No actually I didn't, havent signed up for their boards even. That's a good idea. If you already are signed up maybe you could start a thread, eh?

22. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    Alright everybody tonight's the night! The first meeting of the New Seattle Star Wars Society. Bring food and drink if you like, and the meeting is at Seven O'clock. I'll put the address back down here for convenience.

Otter's Den
    21611 100th Ave. SE.
    Kent WA 98031

Hope to see everyone there.

23. micdavis

Mar 10, 2003

I posted on the Garrison Titan board. But for some reason despite registering, I could not get onto the Alpha Base board.

Too short of notice I bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.