main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Fan Force needed for Horn Lake Library Kids Reading Event - June 2, 11:00 am

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The Horn Lake Library Star Wars program to introduce kids to the Summer Reading Program is coming up on Thursday, June 2 at 11:00am. The idea is to introduce and re-introduce kids and parents to Star Wars, generate interest in your group and have a Even Star Wars Raiders Read event.

Know it's on a weekday, but every kid in town is talking about this and they need more Star Wars participants. The folks at the 501st are going to try to have at least one trooper there, and if we could get any folks that can make some time for the library, that would be awesome.

They would like to have kids super involved this summer and having characters from Star wars here will really ramp it up. They are thinking pictures with kids, a Darth Vader challenge, trivia, maybe sketches?, etc.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I might be able to make it there. I can throw my dark jedi costume on and bring along some of the SW giveaways we have and the Vader Saber, maybe draw with the kids. Horn Lake is only a few miles from here.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Looks like there will be two 501st members there, and one will be a Vader, so that's awesome. Tim, if you go, you should totally take Mace and Yoda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.