Fan Force Party at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    Apparently there is going to be a fanforce party at the Hyatt on Friday night. I think from 8 to midnight. I haven't read all the posts, but there are indications that "someone big" will be there. They are charging $17 to get in and you have to pay ahead of time through paypal to get in.

Is anyone else from this board going? Any thoughts?
  2. que4zone Jedi Knight

star 1
    I guess it depends on everyone from the FanForce.. I thought it would be something to do Friday night, but if we are all getting together and doing something else.. I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you lead, I will follow... Otherwise, I'd like to go...
  3. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why don't we talk about it on Saturday? It is easier than going around in circles here.
  4. que4zone Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Force is with you well, Marajoan.. I will learn many things from you... 'Til Saturday!!..
  5. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank you, Young Padewan. You are strong in the force and will learn many things through patience and diligence in your studies. Now rest and meditate on what you have learned. I see a long trip for you on Saturday and one must trust in the force to get you safely to your destination.
  6. que4zone Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hehe..

Patient, I have become and Saturday, a challenge it will be.. I have prepared, but I will go now, to meditate... Party on!!.. hehe..
  7. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok, I agree we need to discuss this Sat. But, just so everyone is aware, the price is now $20.00 and is best if we get tics in advance as there is only limited space and they might be booked by May 3. I guess the room only has a 300 capacity and they have had great response. That is all I know.
  8. Skywalker1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Which Friday? 'cause if it's THIS Friday it'll be over before we want to talk about it. I'd love to go, but I have no details.

JH
  9. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a party during the celebration, so it's Friday the 2nd. Marcy and I are debating on if we'll go or not. $40 is a lot of money (that's like what, a hot dog and a soda at a convention center). It would be nice to meet other people, but it also depends on what else is going on. I read there might be some celebrities there but there's no guarantee of that (Plus, what if it's like Lobot). We're up in the air about it, and I guess we'll take our chances at the door if we decide to go. If nothing else, maybe we could get together, try to mingle with other people from other locations.
  10. Bujo Jedi Knight

star 1
    What's wrong with Lobot?????? j/k
  11. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The FanForce party is $17 in advance, $20 at the door (if tickets are left).

Phil
  12. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    After the meeting today, I think we both decided that if the people at the FanForce party are anything like the people we just met, it would certainly be a cool event and worth the money. If not, we could also probably find a bar, or restaurant/diner type place so all ages could go, to hang out.

P.S. Mos_Eisleian_Radio, is that supposed to be like Mexican Radio, by... Wall of Voodoo? I know it's Voodoo something.
  13. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yes! "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo. I picked my name as kind of a tribute to that song. I usually have to explain how I picked the name to most people.

Phil
  14. Outlander_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think this party might be fun. Is there any more of an indication who here wants to, or is definately going? I also want to be at our gathering to make us official. I guess I just want to know what the plans are.
  15. Swiski66 Jedi Padawan

I'd love to go, but the 2 friends I'm driving up there with (or down there?) might have other plans. Besides, with the TRU gold rush on the 23rd plus the hotel, food and what-not costs in Indianapolis, I might me tapped out for extra cabbage. But I'd love to meet up with people afterward (if anyone's still awake.)
  16. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Outlander and Swiski66, check out the website Que4zone has done, it has info on our 3rd meeting for officialdom. Also, I think we need to get a poll for all in favor of going to the FF party or just hanging out together as Wi. fans.
  17. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    We are planning to go to the Fan Force party because it's being hosted by the 501st, Indy FanForce and the Rebel Legion (I'm waiting for the email confirmation that we are in). Also there are supposed to be some surprise guests who will be there to mingle with the fans! If nothing else, why not plan on meeting before hand and show up to the party as a group? If you haven't already reserved/paid for your tickets you better do so now because I understand they are going fast and the number is limited.

$17 isn't much when you think about who might show up and all the fun we could have.
  18. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    I have a poll started, please vote!!
  19. jedihexer Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm lost, I took the poll and would like to go to both events, but $20 to get in and then maybe something to eat? This con is going to be costly enough...I don't mind paying, but what is going to happen. I think for the price we could get a better idea of what's going on. And how many would be willing to go?
  20. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    If I understand correctly, food and soda is provided. There are games and raffles type things. If you want alcohol, they are giving out wristbands so you can get back in from the bar. You will be carded and issued the appropriate wristband. They are hinting that stars will be there but no autographs. They just want to mingle.
  21. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will be going stag to Indy and am a con virgin, so whatever you guys decide I will probably just tag along. If you get sick of me just call me a scruffy looking nerf-hereder and I will get the message!

:)
  22. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Just to clarify a few things...

1. New Ticket purchases are currently suspened due to the fact we're almost full...some available spots probably will open up, more info on that should be posted on Monday
    2. Party is from 9PM to midnight
    3. Sort of a moot point now, but tickets are $17 each (tickets at the door were going to be $20, but this will probably sell out)
    4. The Online Star Wars Radio Talk show, JediTalk, will be brodcasting live throughout the night
    5. There will be a handful of SW celebrities and their families at the party (this includes actors to people who work at LFL)
    6. Ticket price gets you in the door, one raffle ticket, pizza & soft drinks
    7. Probably other things I'm forgetting
  23. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I guess that answers that particular question for us at least. We did not purchase tickets to the FanForce party and since it looks like it's no longer an option. We won't be going. Thanks btw Sebulba for letting us know that particular info. So, I guess, hangin' with the WI fanforce it is!
  24. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    It kinda looks that way. How many of us actually bought tickets already? For those of you who did, I guess you are the lucky ones who can do both!! No hard feelings, though :)!
  25. Outlander_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    I bought mine on Wednesday...I think, I haven't gotten confirmation yet so I don't know if I got in before the cutoff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.