main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Force Party at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Anyone who's paid before this afternoon is in, regardless if Jay has contacted you or not. He's in the process of catching up with the requests he's recieved and getting the final numbers from the 501st & Rebel Legion. Once that is done, the remaining tickets that are available will be put back out on the market. If you want to go, I'd send Jay (whojedi) an email/PM saying you'd like a place in line for the available tickets. I don't think it would hurt anything...might not help, but it won't hurt.

2. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Darn it!! I just updated the website about this Party.. well.. I guess I'll change the info later...

3. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    So.. ?? Is it for sure now, that we are NOT going to the party?? (not including the few who have actually got tickets)... hmm.. I'm cool with going elsewhere to hang out..

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I think I was the last one to get my request in, though I haven't gotten an email about it yet.

5. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Hey all! I think we will probably end up doing something else, those who got tickets to the party, go andhave a great time. You can tell us all about it next time we all meet!! Probably a dinner and then...well, thats up in the air. We can decide Fri. night. I did suggest to Marajoan that we could meet back at someone's hotel, play SW monoply(which I could bring down) or if Mara was willing to bring SW trivia persuit we could do that to or whi knows what. Just a couple of ideas!!

6. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I am willing to have people up to my room. We have rented a a suite and could probably hold a number of people if we had to. I am staying at the Adams Mark hotel. We are suppose to have a full size living room, etc. What do you think?-

Let me know.

7. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    I also will have a realtively empty room. I am staying at the Courtyard right next to the convention center. You are all welcome to stop by, however It sounds like Jedi's room may be a bit larger.

As I said before, I'm not sure if I am going to the FF party or not, so please keep me informed!

Also - it may be a good idea to exchange cell phone numbers at some point. I would suggest sending them to Tracey since she has all our email addresses and can forward the numbers to the appropriate people. I would NOT recommend posting your numbers here for obvious reasons.

8. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm all for getting together outside of the party (I haven't decided if I want to go or not, although it looks like I won't at this point).
    We might even be able to find a restaurant to go to, which would be fabulous--some well-known casual chain that can accomodate a large group at the last minute. And I'm up for carpooling for those who need a ride. But I'm open to other places also.

I guess whatever's convenient for everyone--I'm flexible!

9. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I can't wait for MSOE, I can't wait for Indy, thus I can't wait to meet all of you.

My intinerary for the Indy trip is still pretty much up in the air. A weekend of Star Wars is going to be unbelieveable. However, this is my vacation for the year. all day Saturday (not even sure about Sunday yet), but one of the plans myself and my buddy had was to get tanked in downtown Indy I will be at Celebration all day Friday and and enjoy the nightlife to the fullest. I have very little inhibitions. But I still do want to meet up with everyone. I was even hoping to make it to my fraternity's HQ which is in Indy sometime on the weekend (if they're even open, so maybe Friday).

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm going to let the weekend come to me. I have basic plans that I'm sure are going to change the minute we get into the city. It's going to be crazy and I want to fit as much in as possible, which entails non-Star Wars stuff as well.

I hope I am not frowned upon for this approach.

10. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    We haven't received our confirmation for the FanForce party either but I did get my payment off on Monday which, hopefully, means we are in. Once confirmations are emailed, let's see who is all going and plan on arriving together at it?? Agree?

11. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Hey All!
    One thing I'd like to say is, even if you are planning on attending the ff party, please meet us at 8 near the Chicago fanforce table. This is an official meeting, our third to be official in fact. We can meet for an hr or so and then those of you who are going to the ff party can take off to that and those of you who have other possible plans can take off at that time as well. I know some of you weren't able to make the first meeting on April 13th, and if you are at the Celebration, it would be great to meet you there. So, please, even if you have other plans, I ask, no, I beg you, meet us all at 8pm, Fri. night. "Our future is in your hands."(ok, not quite, it just sounded good and it worked well for Amidalia w/the Gunguns.) :p

12. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I like Leia better. "Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope."
    Help us Milwookie fanforce members, you're our only hope.

13. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    They re-opened the FF Party if you're still interested. I just got my payment confirmation from paypal.

14. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We figured what the hell and went for it. We received confirmation from Paypal but I'm not sure if that means that we got tickets /for sure/. The post mentioned that if they were over the limit they'd be refunding money or something.

15. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    We received an email from Jay Newnum of the Indy FanForce yesterday that we are confirmed (2 of us) for the party! Since we will be meeting at 8PM next Friday for the 3rd meeting (which will make us official), those of going to the party can then head out together.

16. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Where/how are you ordering these tickets? :confused:

17. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    I think the only way is to use Paypal. You send $17.00 to jaynewnum@cs.com

Check the Fanforce Celebration 2 forums for more info.

18. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    OK, heres some more info...

FanForce/501st/Rebel Legion Party Update

Here is the update you have been waiting for.

Thanks to Indy Knights President Ron, we have once again upgrade our room. We now have the facilities capable of holding up to 600 people. Looking at the response that we have had to this, it looks like we will fill that up as well. But here are the details:

1) Due to the close proximity of C2, we will only be accepting the entry fee of $17 through Paypal payments. I apologize for this inconvenience, but it is the only way to make sure we have all the funds before the payment is due (48 hours before the party). My Paypal ID is jaynewnum@cs.com. If you do not know how to use Paypal or cannot get it to work, please get with somebody that you know that can do it for you. It is just not possible to make any exceptions to this.

2) Payments will NOT be accepted AFTER Friday April 26. Any payments sent in after that will be returned through Paypal. With all of the work that we have to begin on Sunday the 28th for Celebration 2, this will allow me Saturday to get all of the paid attendees list put together. I HOPE to post a list by Sunday or Monday.

3) When you send in your Paypal payment, please make sure that you include the FULL names of every person that you are paying for. That is absolutely neccesary in order to have a complete list at the door.

4) We will have a complete list at the door, but, if you have the means, please print out your Paypal receipt for secondary verification. If you forget or cannot print stuff out, it is no big deal, but I like for everyone to just be doubley sure.

5) Due to the fact that I would have nearly 200 individual people to respond to since we suspended payment, I will NOT be responding to emails or PM's that have been sent to me previously, I simply do not have the time to do that, I am sorry. We now do have plenty of tickets, so we shouldn't have a problem. With that being said, there are still NO plans to sell tickets at the door. We anticipate that this will still be a sell-out.

Well, I think that is about it, for now. I do apologize for the inconvenience of some of this, but this event has simply exploded. It is going to be a blast and I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can.

Once again, props to SkylaFett for putting everything together for this and thanks to Incom4 for securing a larger room.

Well, let the games begin...

Jay
    -----signature-----

Indy Knights City Rep
    http://www.IndyKnights.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.