main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Force Philippines

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by DarthScully, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    We just need to know the place. Looks like the EB will push through. Stand by for further announcements.

2. jed-eye

jed-eye Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    OMG!OMG! there are other pinoys here! and i thought me and roguegirl were the only ones! atlast our own board! pwede na tayong magmura!

3. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi there Jed-eye! Yes, there are a whole lot of us. Soon we will be able to amass an army! Mwahahahahaha..... Oops. So sorry. Got carried away. [face_clown]

We are having an EB this Saturday! If you're interested, log onto our Yahoo group, through this URL:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starwarsphilippines
    and join us. Tell all your SW fanatic friends also. :)

MTFBWY and hope to see you back at the group. :)

4. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Ack! Double post! Arrrggghhh!!!

5. jed-eye

jed-eye Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    thanks for the info. i'll check out the site.

6. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    I knew it, Ginny. You had that Palpatinian streak in you! Another closet Palpatine fan I see....

Any updates regarding this Saturday?

7. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    No updates regarding the venue yet. But definitely, 2pm. I'm doing a headcount back at the group, would you mind counting here, if any of the others post a confirmation of their attendance? Thanks.

8. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    I will end my headcount at exactly 2 am, Thursday morning. Philippine Time.

Ginny, I'll try to call you ASAP. I hope we can decide on a venue by Thrusday, so that the gods here will know about it early.

9. Ragtime_Mouse

Ragtime_Mouse Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    Hello everybody! I'm a Filipino living in Australia. It's nice to see that there's a board now, I might post from time to time!

10. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    In behalf of Jedi Ginny, we would like to thank Cholo, Jemi, Krys and Mayo for attending! Details to be posted as soon as I can access my Yahoo account. :p

Paging Ginny...

11. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Details of the first EB can be found under the topic: ACTIVITY #1: CONSOLIDATION.

12. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Hello there everyone! I was searching through to see what new boards were up and was plesantly surprised to find this one!

My father is from Panay, and my mother was born to missionaries that were stationed there also. Long story later, I am from Indiana.

Congrats on getting your own forum and if any of you find yourselves in the Hoosier State sometime, you are more than welcome to hang out with the IndyKnights!

:D

13. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey! Really? Cool! :)

14. QUEEN-KARENDALA

Jan 2, 2001
    yep... seriously... lol.

I visited the islands a few years ago. It was really neat to see where my mom and dad grew up.

Where are all you guys from?

15. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Most of us are from Manila, but I think there are also members from Cebu and Davao. :)

16. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    *dances the Ati-Atihan in his usual Ginny-slaveboy-slash-GRO manner*

17. QUEEN-KARENDALA

Jan 2, 2001
    My father taught biology at Central Philippine University it Iloilo for a while before getting married to my mom and moving to the states... that is how they ended up here in Indiana, he got a job teaching at a small college in Indianapolis.

He was always very proud of his heritage and with some other philippinos that he met, started a Philippino Cultural Society here called the Baragay Club. They are still going strong and they do charitable outreaches, have parties and participate in the local International Festival. (I had to dress up and dance some traditional dances when I was a kid... lol)

Am I boring you guys?

18. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Hi there.

I was born in the Philippines, but moved here to New York City when I was 8. Most of my family is still in the Philippines, though some reside here in The States. I'm a big Star Wars fan (I'm sure you guys are, as well).

Anyway, I hope this board will be active,so I can stop by here often!

19. rachel1013

rachel1013 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Queen_Karendala and Radiohead..

Good to see you here! :) and continue posting..

We don't consider anyone's posts boring.. in fact we appreciate it.. because it means being able to get to know you and your background.. :)

Rachel

20. Radiohead

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks.

So, where is everyone from? I was born in Manila, but like I said, I now live in New York City.

21. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Hey guys! I'm the FanForce Rep for Star Wars Philippines! Welcome! Welcome all!

Drop by the boards more often, it would be fun to hook up with Filipino SW fans from abroad too!

Ah...the wonders of the internet.

And no, Queen Karendala...you don't bore us. :)

*dances the jiggy*

22. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi!

It's me the Sith Lord from Singapore again. :p

I was just wondering, how was the AOTC Premiere in Philippines like back around May 16th? Was there any Charity Premiere or did anyone capture any SW Fans dressed up in SW Costumes at the May 16th Premiere?

Just curious. ;)

If you want to see what some of us did on May 11th to May 15/16th, check out this link (just cut and paste the link cause Geocities don't allow remote linking :( )
    http://www.geocities.com/darth_eagle/sw_aotcfans04.html
    Click on NEXT for another selection of the May 15th Photos

Will load more once I get to redo my website at Admiral Power's Star Destroyer! ;)

Thanks!

23. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Hmmm...The premieres weren't really costuming occasions here. Although I really wanted to come in costume, I didnt finish it on time.

There were various premieres held, and we are not just talking about the midnight screenings. But a blast nevertheless.

Globe Telecom, a local telecommunications company, sponsored a Star Wars party, co-sponsored by E! Philippines. I don't know how it went, since I arrived late.

What else...hmmm (guys, help me out here. The monsoon rains have washed my brain away. LOL)

24. Radiohead

Mar 31, 2002
    Are there any DLP screens there yet? I've only seen AOTC on DLP, not on a film print.

25. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    No DLP's here as of now, unfortunately. The Philippines is only, after all, a glorified Tatooine.

Kidding.

Maybe we'll have DLP's in about...5 years more or less. That's what I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.