main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Force Philippines

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by DarthScully, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Ah, that's too bad. Digital projection really is a step above film projection. The quality is comparable to DVD vs. VHS.

Right now, the US theater market is also slow to change. There are only a little more than a dozen DLP theaters here. In New York, there are two and both of them are showing AOTC. Hopefully, a global concensus can occur so everyone can experience digital cinema.

2. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi, Radiohead! Welcome to the Philippines forum.

I'm GiNnY, and I'm sort of the instigator of all this. I founded Star Wars Philippines back at Yahoogroups and with the help of Stomp over there, my personal slaveboy (ok, ok, he doesn't want to be called a slaveboy), let's just say he's my assistant, LOL, we extended our group to Fanforce!

Please, don't be a stranger here. We like getting to know more Filipinos, and people who have Filipino roots. It's fun, and it's interesting sharing Star Wars stuff with everyone.

And hey, Queen K., yes, don't worry, I enjoy reading your posts too. ;)

Visit us over at the Yahoogroups too, if you want, you will find the URL in my signature, and visit our soon-to-be-put-up website too. (hint, hint) heheh.

3. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    We don't have a digittal screen here in Indianapolis either... and we even hosted Celebration II! Where is the justice in THAT... lol.

People from my group, the IndyKnights, have taken road trips to Chicago and Cincinati and seen it there on the digittal screen and said it was awesome!

We did have a lineup for the movie and raised money for a local children's hospital. There were a few people that showed up in cosutme. There are pictures from our lineup on our website (link in my signature). We also held a gargage sale to add to our fundraiser. Between that and the lineup, I think the last number I heard was close to $1,700 that we raised for the kids. We're pretty excited about that, but they plan to make the linup fundraiser even bigger for EpIII.

:D

4. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Ginny, I am a person, not a slave.

*Gives off evil little orphan (I'm so mean) Annie look.*

We also plan to put up something come 2005, as soon as we get to consolidate our forces by then.

Radiohead, looks like we need a dictator to impose DLP's eh? Someone with Palpy's knack for control. Someone like...George Lucas! Heh heh.

Btw, Radiohead happens to be a favorite band of mine. My band plays some of their stuff occasionally.

5. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Hello! That's why I said ASSISTANT! Duh!

6. Radiohead

Mar 31, 2002
    Radiohead, looks like we need a dictator to impose DLP's eh? Someone with Palpy's knack for control. Someone like...George Lucas! Heh heh.

Yeah, I really hope you guys get to experience digital projection. The greatest problem, though, is that DLP projectors are very expensive. The American theater industry is hoping that the movie studios here pick up a significant portion of the bill since it'll be the studios saving the most money in the long run.

Btw, Radiohead happens to be a favorite band of mine. My band plays some of their stuff occasionally.

That's great! Actually, Radiohead is my second favorite band of all time. No one will ever top The Beatles in my mind.

7. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Doh! THE BEATLES! How can I forget?? Especially their...not-so-lucid days. Classic.

Ginny, you mean assistant SLAVE?

Heh heh.

*ducks for cover*

8. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    What, you're throwing things your way now, Stomp? :p And, no, I meant ASSISTANT MODERATOR, and not ASSISTANT SLAVE. I'm trying to be careful and be politically-correct now.

9. leia_lily

leia_lily Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    OMG!! I DIDN'T KNOW THIS...THIS IS ULTIMATE AWESOME!

10. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    What's awesome? Me being Ginny's slave?

11. Radiohead

Mar 31, 2002
    Will you be wearing the Leia slave outfit?

[image=http://www.eklectia.com/Images/star_wars/jedi/leiapose5.jpg]

:p

12. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Nah. I bet Ginny would look better in that! Heh heh.

Now I better scram before I get kicked out of the Council.

13. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    I assure you, you wouldn't want me wearing that costume. You might have nightmares. ;)

14. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Hahaha.... Sige, just come as Cat-Scratch Padme (check Starwars.com's Image Attack for July 16...raawrrr!!!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.