Fan Force Showdown

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I hate to see anyone get excluded from this. I would give up my spot if not for the fact that I would take critisism for starting this and then not even participating. I don't have to have OT, I've already said I will take whatever no one else wants.
  2. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    yep. I have too much going on right now to participate.
  3. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Let voice an opinion on something and then I will drop it. :) I would like to go on record saying that not letting teammates help each other out is asking for trouble. For example, if three people get all their questions right but the fourth screws up and costs the entire team the competition, then the fourth feels that the loss is his/her fault. Really, the embarassment of a loss should be shared equally by all team members, just like a win.

Although, who really cares? I don't plan on losing. Heh. Liz, if you're sure then I'll take the PT.
  4. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  5. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Val,

well if youe all get help, then you will both be able to answer all the questions, and how is that indicative of who the true winners should be?
  6. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I can tell you that on the FFTP, we had three people working together and we still couldn't get some of the answers. In fact, with that I don't think there were very many instances where teams got all of them correct. I guess it all depends on how hard you are making the questions. If they are too easy then everyone can get them without any help. If they are too hard no one would get them even with help.

Anyway, I'm not trying to start trouble or suggest the rules be changed, I just wanted to make a point. It's in my nature to question things constantly. :)
  7. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    The point to this contest is who is better, SD or DC, not D_S or MJF (as example only). So collaborating with your own team members makes it a group event. This is the way that the SWTP have always been run, not on individual performance.
  8. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    the Fan Forces are made up of groups that like different things ei collect, books, costumes. The point is that the different catagories represent the different aspects to the FF. Each of you must chose the area you are strong in and defend your FF in that area. One person is not going to lose this contest for the group. you can make up points by answering the bonus questions. there will be 1 bonus for each catagory, and 3 bonus that anyone can answer
  9. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Okie dokie. I like the bonus points idea.
  10. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    bonuses will save you not.

most of the DC senators are under the cloud of the dark side.... makes them easier to run over with my trivia-bustin' sandcrawler...

11. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Pfsh...

I think I can solve this contest right now, without resorting to lightsabers.

Which FanForce is better?
    The one in San Diego, America's Finest City

-OR-

The one in Washington D.C., America's Murder Capitol

The choice to me is clear. :)
  12. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    DarthBrian, the reason we are the murder capital of the world is because we slaughter our competitors...
  13. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    /\
    Your mother must be so proud. [face_plain]
  14. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Incidentally, DC is no longer the murder capital of the country. Hasn't been for quite some time...
  15. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    wow, that 'no trash-talking' rule lasted 5 posts [face_plain]
  16. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Incidentally, DC is no longer the murder capital of the country. Hasn't been for quite some time...

Appearances are what matter, not facts. :p

wow, that 'no trash-talking' rule lasted 5 posts

What 'no trash-talking' rule???

::searches in vain::
  17. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    Dark_Jedi_Kam

That's it, limit the trash talking let the score prove it. that's the point of the contest

malkie
  18. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    limit the trash talking

<SEMANTICS>"Limit" does not mean "stop"</SEMANTICS>. :p
  19. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll interject before this is gets out of hand...

DarthBrian is kidding (though I found plenty of room to go on an attack with the mom comment I didn't) I don't think anyone in either group is making any comments that aren't meant to be good natured. Please don't let this go downhill
  20. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Well if you're gonna go by appearances, then make fun of the traffic or the politicians. Those are the real problems...
  21. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    though I found plenty of room to go on an attack with the mom comment I didn't

Aw... :(
  22. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    I was reading all of these post I truely felt
    like i was on the senate Floor! what aruments, what positioning! The battle begins and the GS will rule the day! Stand fast my warriors for I sense a victory but the way will be dangerous, many obstacles to overcome the Sun will shine in the EAST and the West will see its setting and the darkness that it will bring!
  23. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    /\
    Can I have some of whatever it is you're smoking?
  24. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    DarthBrian is my hero [face_love]

If you wish to give up right now Roger, I am willing to accept your forfeiture from the competition.
  25. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Kam,

Is there any way we can have more than 4 people participate? We have James, Colt, Brian and me so far, but Donna and Jason also wanted to participate. Can they be alternates or included in the trivia contest in some way?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.