Fan Force Trivial Pursuit: Boonta Eve Classic

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Rox, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Edmonton's answers are also in...

Indy
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Where the heck are the dancin' cats?!?

Oh... 22 minutes... ;)
  3. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dunno where the cats are but your time is almost up. ;)
  4. CeeWulf Jedi Master

star 4
    Ain't this round over yet? :D

Curious to see who the winner was.
  5. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm going over the answers now. I just got home from work.
  6. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Must count faster... must count faster... :D
  7. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Big Apple Squadron 10/11 + 1BP = 11
    Edmonton 10/11
    Upstate Rebels 9/11
    Richmond, VA 9/11
    National Nerfherders 9/11
    Rochester Rebels 9/11
    Salt City Jedi 8/11
    NY Banking Clan 8/11
    Jersey Sopranos 7/11
    NSW Knights 7/11

The Answers:

1 Lisa Stevens
    2 swinsider@pcspublink.com
    3. Captain Syub Snuub
    4. rootleaf
    5. Victory class, Imperial class, Super class (I should have given a little mroe info for this question, I was looking for OT time period only. If u answered this question and gave to much info your answer is still correct.)
    6. 120
    7 Yahoo, Jar Jar
    8. A ship
    9.aiwha
    10. 4
    11. In Ideal Form Attack 1 is used for the head and parry 1 is used for defense. These are the only 2 moves that are reversed.

Both Big Apple Squadron and Edmonton receive the Golden Widget for answering the most correct. We have a really close game so far. Also for future rounds of the game please include the name of your team in your PM title so I don't have to go hunting for your team. Thanks.
  8. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Ah... my young (old) Jedi_Satimber... already you start to learn the futility of challenging the awe-inspiring might of the Big Apple Squadron.

Though... where's the Banking Clan? I thought they'd be trying to whup us this round? :)

Good luck next round everyone... we only have to answer n-1 questions...

Or, to paraphrase Die Hard... "Now we have a Widget... ho, ho, ho..."

;)

EDIT: Actually, two questions.

1) "The winner of each round will receive a lifeline for the following week's questions. We will call it the "Golden Widget". If you don't know the answer to a question you may use the "Golden Widget" and receive full credit for that question." -- the winner, not the most questions. So didn't we win this round?

2) What? No 0.5 points for #11? :D
  9. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    You herd the man, The big apple AND Edmonton ;)

Good luck next round :)
  10. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Ah... my young (old) Jedi_Satimber... already you start to learn the futility of challenging the awe-inspiring might of the Big Apple Squadron.

dp4m, I had a slight problem yesterday...I was only on the puter until 2:00 PM board time...and my teammates were able to answer the missing questions...but alas, we could not get them into Rox, or else, we would be tied my friend.

Now, if I can figure out when Rox is going to ask the questions, I can figure something out...but if he is going to ask tehm at 11:00 PM at night, I will not be getting the bonus points...
  11. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    I believe that our answer for number 2 was correct. If you could PM me some clarifacation I would appreciate it Rox. Thanks
  12. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
  13. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    I believe that our answer for number 2 was correct. If you could PM me some clarifacation I would appreciate it Rox. Thanks

Did you use the "swinsider@paizopublishing.com" address? That's just the contact information for the publisher... ;)
  14. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My team and I are curious as to where you got your question and answer for #11 from.

We are doing a FanFilm (eventually) and would love to take a look at a good lightsaber site

Indy
  15. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    My team and I are curious as to where you got your question and answer for #11 from.

We are doing a FanFilm (eventually) and would love to take a look at a good lightsaber site

SW Gamer magazine lists the variouis "Forms" of lightsaber combat, but I'm pretty sure Rox got his answer from the E2 Visual Dictionary (p. 62ish) which discusses it in less detail.

Not sure though. ;)
  16. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    well, Indigo, I found [linkhttp://www.lightsaberreplicas.com/Articles2_3.html]this site[/link] for building Lightsabers. So you combine this, with the SW Insider mag that has your Forms, and I bet your movie will look mostly realistic.
  17. Darth_Yalc Jedi Master

star 2
    No dp4m that was not our answer.

BTW the answer Rox has up there is for subcription problems. It doesn't say use it to subscibe.
  18. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Meri, I'm sorry. I just overlooked your answers I will update the score listing.

I'm pretty sure Rox got his answer from the E2 Visual Dictionary (p. 62ish) which discusses it in less detail.

Yes and no. For this question I tried to get a second backup answer in case there was conflicting answers in books. I also found a website with trivia questions on it that used this answer as well.

I got the email address straight from Star Wars insider magizine. Your answer is just a general email address to contact the Insider.
  19. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Having just read the "answers" I am in agreement on question 11....or rather the answer to it. But I guess Rox is the boss....next round we'll have to site all the answers given by the different sources ;)
  20. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    If you can show me something that says otherwise I am not opposed to changint the scores.
  21. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have the insider and it does not site which form is used...just the actual name of the manouver...as i quoted in our answers. is the answer you used in the vis. dictionary?
  22. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I didn't get the answer from the Insider, I got it from the VD.
  23. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    that would explain the descrepancy. Wish they would keep things streight! It is terrible that there are different answers/ incomplete answers in different sources. :(
  24. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oops. Forgot about this whole Trivia thing.
    We of Huggard's Horticulturalists felt so enthused by the prospect of a day or two in our gardens, we totally forgot to log on and play! :( ;)

Oh well. We've given you all a good head start then.
  25. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.