main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Fan Groups in the area...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Danai, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Danai

Jedi_Danai Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    ::waves::

Hi everyone. After much looking and searching the web I finally have tracked down a local SW fan site. I was wondering if anyone knows of a local group of that meets from time to time. I read an article about the 501st StormTrooper battalion and was immediately interested. It would be wonderful to find other people that love Star Wars as much as I do.

Danai

2. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Ummmm, why look anywhere else now that you have found us? We meet once a month (or so) as well as get together for movie outings and dinner parties. We also attend/work at most of the conventions put on buy Atomic Entertainment up at the Plano Center. And now that AOTC has been released, I'm sure we will all be getting together often for re-screenings of that.

So if you really want to contact a bunch of a-holes up in the 501st that go on ego power-trips, go right ahead. But if you want a group of FUN Star Wars friends with whom you can share your thoughts and good times, look no farther! :)

Oh..... and WELCOME!!! ;)

3. Jedi_Danai

Jedi_Danai Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Nope not looking for a-holes just a bunch of fun people that love SW. So how do I go about finding out about everything? Just fill me in for I am completely ignorant. :)

Thanks bunches

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Welcome, Jedi_Danai!

You'll find info on all our activities posted here and/or on our official DFW FanForce Website.

Also, feel free to suggest activities if there's anything you think would be fun for us to do as a group.

Mike's comments on the 501st are hopefully not reflective of the TX/OK members...but as most of us DFW'ers who went to C2 can attest, there were several extremely rude 501st troopers who did a less than stellar job as volunteer "security" forces....

Gotta admit they were a step above the Wizards of the Coast red-shirted buffoons and a certain Hasbro rep, however.... [face_plain]

5. Carmen

Carmen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I'm another person who just found these boards after Episode II came out. Hi everybody!

--Carmen

6. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Hi! everyone, Welcome to our crappy family! ;)

Seriously I've had a blast the year and a half I've been here, so I hope ya'll do to.

Brian, do you want to start an 'Official' welcome thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.