main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Fan Meet - The Magic of Myth - Powerhouse Museum - Sept 28

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ki-Bara-Mundi, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    We've waited two years for this meet, now it's finally going to happen. The Star Wars: Magic of Myth traveling exhibit will open at its last location, the Powerhouse Museum, on September 18, 2002. If you haven't heard of the exibition take a look at this page on starwars.com.

Now I'm told that there won't be a big public opening day event for TMOM, so I'd like to see when everyone would like to go see it as a group. If there's enough people coming to see it together (I think that's 20 or more people), I'll enquire about getting us a special interest group discount.

There's also some really useful info on the Powerhouse Museum website, including things you should know, getting to the museum, and membership stats for those interested in becoming PHM members.

So let's hear some ideas. :)

2. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Okay. I would love to go and see it with you guys, but I'm prolly gonna go and see it twice. The first time will be with my wife and son, the second will be by myself and it will be an all day thing. I want to go and have a really good look, drink it all in and do some sketches.

3. escapelogic

escapelogic Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    its a pity i wont be able to miss uni them days.. well the 18th or 19th :\
    but if we make it after that i would wuv to come and meet u all *smiles*

heh

4. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Opening day, unless its not a weekend is probably impossible. But the first weekend we're all available I think we should do it...

5. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    im not all that motivated to go, im sure i'll get thre eventually but early in the exhibit jsut doesnt float my boat

6. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Diva and I are having our Interviews next Saturday to be volunteers for the exhibition!!!

That means we get in for free peeps for 4 months...

*faints in glee*

7. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I see Ki finally started the thread, bout time :p

I'm going for sure, and remember what that guy we saw at the ep2 debrief said, if you plan on going more than a few times, get a powerhouse membership as it'll be much cheaper.

As for being a volunteer, me being a uni student doesn't really help, i've seen the agreement for insurance / workcover and all that and they literally do have you over a barrel.

You get to see the exhibition 3 days before hand, so you won't get distracted during your time clocked on.

PS: I really mean it about the insurance form, always be careful when the job application form is shorter than the insurance form

8. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    School Day, doubt I'll be able to make it. If they advertise it on TV or something then I'll be in more trouble as everyone will know where I'll be if Im not at school.

9. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    18th and 19th I have a conference at the Blue Mountains...no can do.

10. Diva_Shaliqua

Diva_Shaliqua Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2002
    Good luck to us!

11. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Good luck Dad & Chanel!

I will be going several times I am sure. I will be taking Nick when he comes from the UK. Oh yeah for those of you who don't know, NickLong from the boards over in the UK is coming out first week in October, so we need to do something, sadly he isn't here on a weekend...

12. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    If it is planned for September/1st weeks of October, then I will need to know within the next few weeks what day so I can request that day off before the request roster is submitted which will be in about two to three weeks.

13. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    i'll be there for sure.
    Good Luck Diva and Shadow, if you get the jobs, we can tease you while you work :D
    I'm most likely buying a PH Membership, have to see it more than 2 or 3 times.
    Tek, the insurance forms are now all standard for all volunteer work and have been for about 4 or 5 years. But the cover sucks, there are too many loopholes in the liability policy :) (geek insurance consultant personality has taken control over my mind and body, i'm trying to fight it, but its just tooo strong).

14. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Looks like a weekend in September/October will be our best bet.

Sorry to steer this thread off topic, but I've got some news. I received an email from the curator of Powerhouse Museum's TMOM exibit that I thought I should share with everyone:
    Hello,

I would like to include a representative from Fan Force NSW (one person only, I'm afraid) on the invitation list for the opening of the Star wars exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum. I'd appreciate it if you could nominate a member of your group and provide me with their name, postal address and phone number.

Please note that at this point I am preparing a list of potential invitees and I cannot guarantee that the nominated person will ultimately receive an invitation (final decisions on exhibition opening invitations rest with the museum's Senior Management, not me, I'm afraid).

But I would like to have a representative of the Fan Force NSW group at the opening, so I'll look forward to hearing from you. I'd appreciate it if you could respond by this coming Friday-July 26.

Thanks,

Kerrie Dougherty
    Curator, Star Wars: the Magic of Myth
    Powerhouse Museum

Now instead of instantly replying "ME! ME! PICK MEEE!!!", I thought it'd be best to ask you all for your opinion on who should go and represent FFNSW *if* one of us is invited.

15. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Bah, you Ki..you are the City Rep...its your job to go to it....have fun...

16. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    yeah Ki, you are going, if they send out an invite, we elected you CR. by the way, if the invite is for you and date, i don't mind wearing a dress and going as your date :D

17. Keith_Katarn

Jan 3, 2002
    I second that Ki should go and I second that IG should wear a dress.

18. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Can i borrow one of yours keef? :D

19. Keith_Katarn

Jan 3, 2002
    No, mine are all summer dre- DAMN YOU, IG! You caught me out. I deny everything !!

:mad:
    [face_plain]
    [face_blush]

20. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    IG, he will just have to wear one of your winter frocks won't he :p

21. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Kehleyr, I don't have any of my own dresses, i've always borrowed dagsy's if needed.

22. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    That makes sense :)

23. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    you know trouble isn't far behind when i start making sense

24. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    And in the 9 minutes it took for you to respond, I did the washing up, put some coffee on so Mummy has fresh hot stuff when she comes in, and started dinner :D

25. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Contrary to popular belief, i don't just post on the boards while at work. occassionally i do some actual work. :)
    oh and its difficult to reply when used as a footstool :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.