main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Photos

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Vaders_Kid, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey!
    I think this might be the first time I've posted on another FanForce forum besides the Galactic Senate of D.C. It's almost overwhelming when it sinks in that there are so many folks who share such a passion for this thing called Star Wars!! Very cool!

But I digress...

I've noticed that the subject of getting group photos of fans in various Star Wars costumes has come up quite a bit on some of these forums. The 501st has been getting together for photo ops for years and it is impressive (MOST IMPRESSIVE. ok, I had to say it! ) seeing these guys and gals in full armor shoulder to shoulder at a convention or some charitable function.

The thing is, I never see "the good guys" posing together that often (specifically re-creating certain scenes from the movies) and was wondering if there was a way to remedy that. I'm not saying that people who have Star Wars costumes don't pose with other people in Star Wars costumes at conventions because of course they do. It's just that I've never seen a HUGE group of Jedi, Han's, Luke's, Leia's, etc posing together under one roof. And as I mentioned, it would also be cool to see a re-creation of a classic scene from one of the movies with a big group of people. One scene I'd love to do is the end of 'A New Hope' when Luke and Han receive their medals from Leia. How impressive would it be to have a ton of Rebel Pilots all lines up together in one shot!

And let me say that I do know that Celebration 3 will be an ENORMOUS event and trying to coordinate everyone's schedule will be a major task! But I thought I'd bring up the subject and see how many would be willing to set aside an hour or so on one particular day (or night) and see what we could come up with. And it's not like folks won't be stopping other folks and getting pictures together over the course of the entire weekend, but I thought one BIG GROUP thing would be cool if possible.

Again, I know it's asking a lot of all of you folks who want to try and take in as much as you can of this convention (believe me, I do to!), but I'm thinking it just might be the last major Star Wars event for quite some time. And for me, a huge part of what makes events like these so fun is meeting and mingling with other fans. And it's especially fun when we're in all in costume!
    If anyone has any suggestions on how we might be able to put something together, please let me know.

Thanks guys!
    Bruce
    (Vaders Kid)

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Have you tried the Rebel Legion? I'm not a member (though many in my fanforce are), but I've seen them at Celebration and Dragon*Con. I think that would be your best bet on getting a bunch of people together for a rank picture of "the good side." :)

3. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    The Rebel Legion is planning on having group pictures taken during the course of CIII. There has been some discussion on the RL pilot boards of having a pilot group picture as well. At this point there has not been a day or time decided on yet, it really depends on the CIII schedule of events. Don't worry though, the "good-guys" (and "girls") will be well represented. :)

Beth
    X-wing Pilot "Phrog"

4. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I can't find the picture, but at Dragon Con 2003 we had a decent sized picture. It would have been more, but it was reallllly hot that day and a lot of people left while waiting for the 501st to take their pictures.

5. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    I'll make sure to get in touch with the Rebel Legion and see if I can find out exactly what it is they have planned as far as group shots at C3. Thanks for the suggestions!

6. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    ugh! [face_puke]

REBEL SCUM ! :p

7. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Just wanted to bump up this thread from a couple of months ago since more and more folks are putting finishing touches on their costumes and might be interested in this.
    I had mentioned that since members of the 501st usually get together for a group photo, that maybe "the good guys" could try and coordinate something similar while at C3. Where, when, etc, is still be worked out.

I had also suggested re-creating some actual scenes from the Star Wars movies and have since been in touch with some members of the Rebel Legion whom I've met that mentioned they might be interested in doing this. One scene we're working on is the medal ceremony scene from 'A New Hope' and I'm looking for as many Rebel Pilots as possible to see if we can put this together. We have Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie and we'd like to recruit others with the appropriate costumes to complete the scene.

We haven't worked out all the details as yet (you know, little things like WHERE we're going to stage this!), but as I mentioned, we are working on that now.
    ALSO, this is open to any and all "Luke's", "Han's", "Leia's", etc who have costumes from any of the scenes we try to re-create. We can mix and match different folks dressed as the various characters so anyone who'd like to be a part of this can.

Again, the details are still be worked out, but if anyone's interested in participating, please let me know so we can get the details to you when they are finalized.

Thanks!!

8. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I missed the group photo taking of both Rebel Legion and the 501st at last year's ComicCon. But I hope to get the chance to take some photos at CIII this time. I saw the tentative schedule of the photoshoots so I hope to wake up earlier this time :)

9. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    REBEL SCUM !<<<

Mmmmph--I resemble that fact. I'm with the Rebel Legion as base commander (jedi) for Freedom Base and their photo shoot is Friday morning and there's also the Jedi Assembly (jedi costumers) http://www.thejediassembly.com/ &
    http://apfoister.proboards9.com/index.cgi?action=login2
    who's photo shoot is 9AM Thursday morning in the park across from the convention center. So the 'good guys' will be in big force this year.
    JMD
    'also member of 501st as her hubby, TK639 is'

10. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    We did a rebel Legion picture at Comic Con 2003. I didnt want to be in the 2004 picture.

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/jedisamantha/swnycalbum/samsgreatadventuretothewestcoast/websize/rebel%20legion.jpg]

11. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    Two Plo Koons.

I havent seen them in the members area. Granted I havent checked every last pic...

12. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Jedi_Samantha,

Thanks for passing along the group photo of the Rebel Legion. I hope to be a part of the next group shot at C3.
    And as I also mentioned, I'd like to re-create some scenes from the movies if possible.

I'll update when I know more...

13. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    What would the Blue Coruscant Guards fall under: Rebel Legion or 501st? I'd think they'd be the good guys but belong to neither groups. same with the clones.

Anyway, does anybody know of costumers in thier groups that are going to be dressed as the Blue Guards or any of the Clone troopers? I'm hoping to get my photos with them. If not I'll settle for the possible costume prop displays from LFL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.