main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Site of the Month Awards

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by DVeditor, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Welcome to the first-ever (to my knowledge :p) Fan Site of the Month awards. This will be a fun way to both encourage and promote some of the most prominent sites posted in this forum. Selections will be made by me (though other input may be sought after later on) and new winners will be announced at the beginning of each month. The main considerations for these picks will be site design, ease of use, browser functionality, and how well the general content is displayed. Site creators with selected content will have the option of accepting a two-week VIP status and title, and I'll also be making sure that these get put in the MS updates for added exposure.

Enjoy!

2. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Fan Site of the Month - May, 2007

Rank the Saga
    Site | Thread

Review

This is one of my personal favorites, if only because it's so incredibly easy to use and navigate. Fast, clean, and professional, the only thing that distracts me at all with this layout is the yellow on black. However, the way the voting system works is flawless, and the amount of information that it communicates is done efficiently and without distraction. Definitely one to visit and bookmark!

Final scores:

Design - 8/10
    Ease of use - 9/10
    Browser functionality - 10/10
    Content - 9/10

Congratulations and keep up the good work! =D=

3. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Very cool idea for the forum! Maybe well have to do some tweaking to the fandomcomics.com site, hrm....

4. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Fan Site of the Month - June, 2007

Fandom Comics
    Site | Thread

Review

First off, let me say that if you haven't had a chance to visit this website yet then you really need to do so. These artists have an incredible amount of talent when it comes to comics and are not to be underestimated! My only thought on this one is (again) the amount of black space, but once you dig into the content it makes it a lot easier to focus on what the site is about. With a steady stream of regular updates this site should be visited not just once, but over and over again!

Final scores:

Design - 8/10
    Ease of use - 9/10
    Content - 10/10

5. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Thanks so much! We at Fandom Comics really appreciate the award, and promise to lay down these powers you have given us at the end of the Separatist Cris--err month! The reason our site is so great is really because of the amazing art team we have put together to create the content, and of course Tron, who tirelessly makes all that effort something postable on the site! My sincere thanks to anyone who has ever viewed the site, and doubly so for those who have told us thoughts on the site on our forums!

Now, if you don't mind, I am going to have to post like mad all over the place on the TFN forums while I have a red name!

6. Sen_Enteel

Sen_Enteel Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2007
    Wow, what a huge honor! We're all very excited to receive the first fansite of the month award. Speaking of 'frequent updates,' we have one more from just two days ago: two new pages of Tales of Chu'Unthor! This one features a meeting of the Hutts and as always, TJ's artwork is fantastic.

7. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Fan Site of the Month - June, 2007

Brandon Rhea's Alternative Star Wars Saga
    Site | Thread

Review

I must admit, when I first saw this site some time ago I was turned off due to the overall design and navigation. However, as time has gone on, the site has grown and progressed and I have come to really appreciate the direction it has taken. There's a lot of information on this site, and I definitely think it deserves a spot among the other winners as July's Fan Site of the month.

Final scores:

Design - 8/10
    Ease of use - 9/10
    Content - 9/10

8. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    This is a great idea.

9. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Wanted to take this time and ask what your thoughts are on this. I took a break from this last month to work on a few new ideas, but we're back this time around with hopes for newfound interest opening up here in the future. I'm speaking with TFN main about trying to get these posted in the news feeds - perhaps that will help expand the reach of these announcements and draw more attention to the forum. :) Look for another featured site next month!

10. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Fan Site of the Month - September, 2007

Battlestar Galactica: The Colonial Fleet
    Site | Thread

Review

Every now and then you stumble into a neat little community that you wish more people would take notice of, and this is no exception. Over the last year or so this site has come a really long way in terms of news updates and design - though the real heart of this site is it's forum. Inside lies an awesome userbase that is totally committed to BSG and the costuming therein. Check this one out, join the forum, and have fun!

Final scores:

Design - 8/10
    Ease of use - 8/10
    Content - 9/10

Congrats and keep it up! :D

11. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
  12. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Wow I totally missed that post! Very cool to have the fandom comics link on the main news page, even if I missed it when it happened, lol. So where is our new fan site of the month, eh?

13. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I am upping this, because I think this is a great idea. That's awesome that you got a mention in the TF.n announcements! :D

14. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    yup, its always a boon to site traffic whenever we get our link dropped inan article on the main page!

15. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Agreed. This really should be brought back.

16. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    This is a great idea to have for the board.

17. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yes, very much so.

I would be happy to take over if need be. :)

18. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    I got a PM about this a little while back from a user that wanted to give this a shot - I'll send them a PM and see what they say. :)

19. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Any word on this?

20. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Should bring this back.

21. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    There are plans to bring this back, though it will take longer to bring it back as the plans, as suggested to me by frequent posters of this board, involve things more complicated than just saying "Congratulations, you are the winner".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.