main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Fan Tables at Celebration II

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Thank you, Mos_Eisleian_Radio, for the heads up. SW.com announced fan tables will be available. However, they are limited. Something to consider is personning the table. I think it'd be great if the MW FF groups could get together and share a table. That would provide enough people to staff it. Certainly, our flyers can share the space. Please post if you are interested.

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I think it would be great for the Midwest Fan Force (or Fan Force in general) to have it's own table. Since this is Indy's home turf, we're going to get our own table, but I think we also contribute to being a part of a larger group (which we are). Here is the application that all Fan groups need to fill out in order to be considered for a free table. Ron (Incom4, Indy Knights' President) got this from Mary Franklin at LFL Marketing and they are due by March 1. The best thing to do is get this information from each city's chapter that wants to participate in running the table, then combine all the information together. Our group is getting together this Friday to put together our application and I'm sure it won't be a problem to make that available to the other groups in order to help you guys along. We'll probably need to set a date in mid-February for the chapters to have their info in so it will give whoever time to combine everything.

Sebulba-X
    Guidelines for Fan Club Participation at Celebration II
    There will be up to 20 free fan club table spaces available at Celebration II for unofficial fan clubs and similar organizations. These tables will allow the clubs to promote their organizations to other Star Wars fans, and act as a central location for club activities at Celebration. No club will be allowed to sell any merchandise or service at their table. If a club wants to sell anything, it must buy a booth in the Exhibitors' Hall. If the club requires any utilities or equipment other than an 8' table and two chairs, the club needs to make specific arrangements with the facility or the official decorator at the prevailing rate. The hanging of signs and banners from the ceiling will not be allowed, so free standing or tabletop signage should be considered. The approximate space that will be allocated for each club will be 10' wide by 8' deep. Fan club tables most likely will be located on the second floor, in the Serpentine Lobby area. The tables must be staffed by at least one person at all times during the hours that the Exhibitors' Hall is open.

Fan clubs wishing to participate in Star Wars Celebration II must turn in an application packet that includes:
    * Names and contact information of club leaders, from two to four individuals
    * Fan Club resume (see requirements for resume in this document)
    * Written plan and description of what will be offered at the Celebration II fan club table or area
    * Samples of all literature and items that will be given away.

Fan club resumes must include:
    * Name of club and full contact information. There must be at least one telephone number in addition to any email addresses or Web sites.
    * Description of club focus and priorities
    * Brief outline of previous projects and activities
    * List of current projects and activities
    * Description of club structure
    * Approximate membership numbers
    * At least one personal or business reference for each individual listed as a club leader

What we will look for when considering fan club applications:
    * Involvement in the Star Wars fan community
    * Originality
    * Positive influence in the fan community
    * Quality of involvement per fan club member, not simply quantity of members

Mail application packets to:

Address omitted so no wackos start mailing stuff in...if you need it, just let me know.

Packets must be received by March 1, 2002 for consideration.

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    So far, there's been no interest in doing a pan-MW table. If I don't hear anything soon, I'll assume it's a no-go.

4. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Sorry for the slow response, I was out of town and hadn't checked the forum for a few days. St. Louis should have 'officialized' our FanForce chapter in time for Celebration. I know we have several people planning on being there, and I am 100% positive they'll be interested in this opportunity.

I think we'd much rather be part of a larger group than going it alone. Come on folks, I'm surprised the other active chapters haven't chimed in here.

5. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I think this is a great idea. I would be glad to help out with a Midwest table. This is my first convention so I am not sure what to expect but I would gladly put in some time. I am willing to jump in blind. ;)

Just a couple of quick questions...

Are costs involved? Would you need $$ help from Groups?

What kind of time commitment will there be for people wanting to help?

Some others in my group may be willing to help with this too. I will pass the word at our next meeting. My Group is too small to do something like this completely on our own but I am sure we can offer help for a Midwest table or just a general fanforce table.

Edit: Sorry, I too was out of town this weekend. (inlaws, yuck :p ) Please forgive the lateness of this reply.

6. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Those are good questions, Doright. Glad you had your thinking cap on enough to be asking them.

As far as how many hours we'd all need to volunteer, I'd guess it'll depend on how many folks there are to man the table. So the more, the merrier (and easier)!

I imagine tables will only need to be manned during specific hours, probably mid-morning through late afternoon or early evening. At least, that seems to be how it is at most regular cons.

Didn't someone say the tables are free? Just that it's first come, first served, right?

I hope some of the other active chapters want to get on this with us. (Hint, hint ;) )

7. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Yes I noticed the Tables will be free but there will still be costs. Things like Hand outs and display material. Can we start a sign up for people willing? Just so we get an apx number of those in the clubs that would be willing to put in some time.

8. Elysia

Elysia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2001
    I have a question for you. Do you have to be a member of any Fan Force club to help out? The nearest club to me is 3 to 4 hours away and I would be interested in helping out the Midwest. It would be a great way to meet a lot of the great people from these boards and other places.

9. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    "The tables must be staffed by at least one person at all times during the hours that the Exhibitors' Hall is open. "

I don't know if you guys missed that part, but as long as the Exhibitor's Hall is open, which I assume will be for the majority of the convention, there will need to be one person there at all times.

10. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Hi, I'm Lotus, and I'm trying to Star the Cincinnati Chapter of Fan Force. If the group did get a table I would be willing to spend time there during Saturday. Sunday is a no go, I've got the costume contest, but let me know if you need my help. My group should hopefully be offical by then, we are getting ready to announce our meetings in the next week.

Lotus!

11. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Has anyone or any group heard back about the tables yet?

12. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Darth:
    What I hear from the head of Omaha, was that Indiana got a table, but beyond that Fan Force itself as a whole didn't. There might not be any harm in inquiring about a table even though the deadline has past, as to if tables are avaliable still.
    I'm waiting back from work from the post orginator of this thread, or someone else who knows.

Lotus!

13. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    That should have been, I'm waiting for "word" back. *laughs* Gah, gotta love my early morning spelling!

Lotus!

14. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    There won't be a table just for FanForce. There weren't enough people volunteering to help in order to keep it staffed at all times, as required by the application. (which was a bear, and congratualtions to CF and IK for getting that done!)

15. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Well, there always is the next convention, when we KNOW there are more tables, and we know a head of time, if they offer them again.

Lotus!

16. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    The issue isn't the tables as is the people to staff the tables. Most people can't commit time, probably because they are paying big money to travel to a convention and they don't want to miss a thing.

17. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Eh, yeah I can see that, but then again, there are locals from Cincy, Columbus and Cleveland that probably could have been willing to sit an hour at the table. I know I would have been willing to come up from Cincinnati.

Oh well, can't change what didn't happen.

Lotus!

18. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I talked to Mary Franklin from LFL yesterday and she will be making the announcement on who will have a fan table sometime next week.

If the Indy Knights do get a table we will have a spot on it for other Midwest FF chapters to put fliers out for their group.

19. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Thank you Incom! That's really great that IK can help us all (at least in the SW way).

:)

20. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Rockin' Icom..= ) Thanks for the heads up!

Lotus!

21. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Thanks a big ton Incom4. :D

22. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I can categorically state from personal experience that Incom4 is a prince among SW fans!

23. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Incom...you're one helluva guy! :D

Thanks for offering up the space for fliers. I know that Detroit will be trying to to make up a flyer in time for C2.

Thanks!!

-Bianca

24. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "I can categorically state from personal experience that Incom4 is a prince among SW fans!"

Sorry, I think you're mistaken, Incom4 is the court jester, more along the lines of Salacious Crumb. ;)

I'm thinking we'll probably need some sort of desk organizer thing-a-ma-bob to neatly display the various flyers....it will get kinda messy really quick if we have to lay them out on the table all by their lonesome. Note to other chapters: Put your city/name at the top, so if we have to stack them people can quickly see the city flyer they want to snag. ;)

25. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I'll go to office Max this weekend and see what I can find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.