Fan Tables at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    They have these great things at the other office supply stores, I check on OfficeMax and for 10.99 they have there compartment magazine racks in clear plastic
    there. They black and white ones are more expensive, than the clear. Like nearly 30 dollars for the black ones.

It has two smaller pockets, that are for envelopes, but they could easily be used to half flyers or short flyers.

OPTIMIZER-MAGAZINE RACK-CLEAR
    Item # 20018384 , Style # 96502
    EA 1 Day $10.99

I also know that you can get hanging ones, that could be attached to a board with slots in it, and set up infront of the table, in case the table gets too covered. It might be an option.

I also considered making a business card style since big flyers sometimes are ininvertently thrown away. It might be an option. You can get pretty cheap card stock.

Lotus!

2. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a stand up magazine organizer all set for the booth. It has 10 spaces so we should be set.

"Sorry, I think you're mistaken, Incom4 is the court jester, more along the lines of Salacious Crumb."

Thanks alot Seb ;)

And thanks needs to go out to Seb-X (FF MVP) he came to me with the idea of having fliers from other FFs at our booth (if we get one).
  3. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    "Oh...I'm afraid the IK table will be quite operational when our friends arrive."
  4. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great! When do ya want flyers from us?

Lotus!
  5. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
    You can mail them to me before C2 if you like or bring them to the IK table (if we get one) Friday morning May 3.

If you want to mail them to me just PM me and I will send you my address.
  6. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    What do people think of just making a pan-MW FanForce flyer. It'll save space. We can list each city with their website (if they have one) and a contact email along with the purpose of FF (or something like that)?
  7. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
  8. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Either sounds good to me. I should have our website up and going by then, so far it's only a page, but then again, we haven't been a group for too long. I keep repeating Clips Mantra "We all start out small."

I had planned on smaller flyers to conserve space, because it is Indy Knight's table, and they were so kind to share space with us. I thought of something postcard sized, with a list of up and coming dates of meetings, and contact information, so that it's pouch friendly, and pocket friendly.

:) Lotus
  9. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    You might save money on paper (and copying for that matter) if you design your flyer to fit two up on a landscaped 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, then just cut them in half.
  10. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice Idea..= ) I had thought of getting the 81/2 by 15 paper and breaking it up. I've got a really nice program that does that. I also saw a place that sells glossy postcards in town 500 for 25.00, with printing. It's not a bad deal, and I wouldn't have to kill my printer.

Depends on what the folks in the group vote..= )

Lotus!
  11. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    One idea I had:
    We could list the cities of the MW that are active (not just 'official') with CR contact names and email, along with websites. For those that aren't official yet, use the general FF web address. We can use the banner on FF main page (with TFN staff blessing secured first, of course). On the back have purpose and general info on FF or how to start up an official chapter, or something of that nature.
  12. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Our hope is to be offical by the convention. We've got three meetings set up for the next month.

Lotus!
  13. jedigal Jedi Master

star 4
    Bobafemme, that is a good idea, especially if the flyer responsiblity for StL ends up on my shoulders. Force knows I have enough to do before the con just getting my costume in line. StL MAY be official by then, but maybe not.

If we do make our own flyers (whatever the group votes) then they will be small, 1/2 or 1/4 page, with just the basic info.

Oh, and I stand by my prince statement!
  14. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like the idea of just one general FF flyer. The only problem I can see would be fitting it all on a half sheet. We may have to go with a full sheet for those. I looked around for something to put various flyers in and the best I could find was just a portable file box. :p .

One flyer to rule them all would greatly simplify things. My vote is for that plan.

How many do you all think we would need? Rough guess.

To spread the cost we could post the file somewhere and have each group going to celebration print a certain number.
  15. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyone thought of having the flyer printed back to back (on both sides) with information about us?

I thought of the idea that the is up on the Fanforce site somewhere, of the map of all the different groups. I thought of zooming in on the "Midwest" and putting arrow-bannors of each city that hails a group, active/offical, then listing the information below it.

Just an idea, since some folks are visual.

Also, just an idea for you folks out there, there's a place local to me here in Cincy, that makes cool enameled pins with company/group logos. I considered take some of these with me, to hand out to others from other Fan force groups, and to Cincy folk that come and are interested.

Lotus!
  16. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess I was thinking of more than just the midwest. Some kind of flyer that lists the fanforce main page and boards plus a list of all official and soon to be official fanforce groups. We could also add an e-mail for each groups city rep for people to contact.
  17. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah, I figured since this was the Midwest board, you just ment the Midwest.

Personally, it shouldn't matter if the group is offical, or non offical, it's a group, and folks get involved either way. It all does depend on if the table is there or not at this point.

Do we know if Indy got their table?
  18. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I think it's a given since they've done so much work for C2.
  19. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    This all sounds good to me!
  20. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    Well, it's finally official: The groups below will get tables at Celebration.

501st Legion.
    The Rebel Legion
    From Bricks to Bothans
    The Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society (PSWCS)
    The Chicago Force
    The Ohio Star Wars Collectors' Club
    StarWarsFan.org
    The Indy Knights

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/03/news20020321.html

Chicago will be happy to work with Indy to help other clubs get some flyers out.

~H~
  21. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/goodjob.jpg]

[image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/butta.jpg]

:D :D :D :D :D
  22. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    For those that have missed it, Fan Force will be getting a table all of it's own at Celebration. I don't know the particulars, but MysterySith has started a thread in the Celebration forum, he's signing up people for time slots.

~H~
  23. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here is the link. Please check and see if you can put some time in. You do not have to sign up for time each day.

Fanforce Table

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.