FanArt Exhibition @ CE!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Conventions Europe' started by Lord-Tice, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I?ve been in-contact with Barry Eldridge these past few months, trying to see if it was possible to have a FanArt exhibition during Celebration Europe. These kind of things need to get clearance from the very top, Lucasfilm, and the good news is that I was informed yesterday that there are indeed plans to have a FanArt exhibition during CE :D :D

I for one plan to show some pieces, plus I?m in contact with a few more artists who are very keen to participate, so if you?re a budding artist, whatever medium you use such as digital, watercolour, oils etc, then please feel free to contact me or check this thread for the latest information. It?s still early days but hopefully things will begin to piece together soon.

Please note that at this stage, the exhibition is just to purely show work and promote the artists (and their websites, hopefully). The selling of work is a complicated issue and to save headaches and legalities, wont be allowed.

Thanks and any input is welcome. Paintbrushes at the ready!! ;)
  2. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    That's great to hear! Will be great to see, I'm sure. :)
  3. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Good stuff Matt! I want to see some more of your stuff :p
  4. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm hopeful the exhibition will go down very well and if we can get a good amount of artists contributing, then it should add a great deal to the show.
    I already have a fine oil painter up for it whom's done some lovely work, and the legend that is Jamie Richards is very keen, and I'll be doing plenty of scouting so fingers crossed :D

lol, thanks for the vote of confidence Glen. I need to get some more work done, haven't been able to do anything for months due to real work :p
  5. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats great news Matt - I love your work and think it will be welcomed there nicely!
  6. Daankin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Matt this sounds brilliant!

I plan on putting something together for this event!

Keep us posted!

D;)
  7. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dont be surprised if steve sansweet will approach you to buy some pieces :p
  8. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    behold,the legend that is me!
    i think this event is going to be a phenomenal success,both for the creative types involved and for the fans...
  9. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    so,what subjects would you like to see covered...
    basically,i'm going to put together some commemorative booklets to give away free(!!!!!!),and would like to hear what you'd like to see drawings of...
  10. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have an update on the FanArt exhibition:

Barry is still very keen to have a fanart exhibition but isn't sure how best to implement it. The initally idea to have a designated area and run it as a gallery has the probelm of 1) needing people to staff it (which they don't really have spare) and 2) security issues. Therefore it has been proposed that the FanForce have their own gallery set-up in the FanClub/Group lounge, next to or near to the FF table. This way we have complete control of it and can keep an eye on it. So, how does this sound to everyone?? Any ideas or further input welcome :D
  11. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    It sounds fine to me.
  12. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I've done a piece for the exhibit, who do I talk to about it?
  13. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    That would be Lord Tice, Moose ;) PM him, tho he may not be around today much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.