Padu, KY Fanboy Premieres at Cape Con!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Everyone,
    I've been waiting to finalize the details before I officially announced this and now that I have here goes.
    We will be premiering our fanfilm "Fanboy" at Cape Con in Cape Girardeau, MO on Saturday April 25th as soon as the con closes around 8:30 pm. We will have a QnA session with the cast and crew following the screening after which we will be going to an afterparty, venue to be announced soon.
    Also at the con we will be having a promotional booth for the club and our fanfilms as well as a panel hosted by several of our members, if you would like to be apart of the panel please let me know.
    This will be very exciting for our club so I hope every single one of our members can make plans to be there for it. I will drop in a link to the Cape Con website in case you might want to take advantage of their con hotel discount at the Drury Inn.
    Post any thoughts or comments you might have, thanks guys!

http://www.capecomiccon.com/
  2. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yay! Christmas party banner is gone!
  3. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll definitely be in for helping out with the panels. And I second the comment on the banner finally being changed.
  4. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who all is staying that night?
  5. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be staying the night as well.
  7. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't plan on staying but will probably be working on this thing until the very last minute and will probably pass out from exhaustion once it's all done. So be prepared to shove me in a room somewhere because i will be unconscious for several hours at that point I'm sure.
  8. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    I won't be staying the night unless someone forces Jager down my neck. Day 1 of FX shots are done. I got about 8 seconds of video finished. :) I shall obsess over the rest of the probably 2000+ seconds over the next few weeks and will also need to placed in a room like Tilfords. Preferably a padded room.

UPDATE: FX Scene 1 is complete. Includes barbie and stormies gun fight in hallway at the con and jar jar getting beat up.
  9. DarkWolf2k Jedi Padawan

I've got a few people interested in coming to see the film, they were asking what the final run time of the film will be so they will know how late they will be staying in Cape.
  10. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    it should run about an hour in length, pv
  11. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    No way. It should be about a 3 1/2 hour long epic as long as we have worked on it. lol
  12. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree. I want my epic fanboy movie with the twenty different endings and an extra hour of footage after the credits.
  13. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    I understand we are doing a panel but it will not have anything to do with the fanfilm. What is the panel supposed to be about if not the fanfilm?
  14. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    How bout being apart of a fanforce, costuming, prop building, sw artwork, fanfilming (except for FB3), and whatever else pops up. So far on the panel is Wil, bubba, barbie, BJ, an Matt. Thoughts or ideas? pv
  15. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can talk about toy collecting. I'm in the process of redoing my toy garage and should have some cool pics by them.
  16. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not sure when the panel is, but there will be a Q & A session regarding the fanfilm after the viewing, moderated by my friend Jason. If questions do stray from the film then we would like people there to answer them. But the key is to keep this focused on the film and keep it relatively short, unless no questions about the film is asked. But I know everyone in the fan force has been involved in the film and done different parts and may have unique experiences, perspectives, or funny anecdotes to add to the session, so please be there if you can.

Here is the plan -

8:00-8:30 Preshow mixer - our other fanfilms and props will be on display, and we can mix with the crowd, talk about the con and the fanfilm
    8:30-8:40 Introduction - dimming of lights, settling and calming of crowd, intro of the group, and explanation of the come-abouts of the fanfilm
    8:40-9:55 Premiere - fanfilm showing - approximately 1:15 minutes (give or take 5 minutes, yet to be determined)
    9:55-10:00 Show closing - time for crowd reaction, thanks, and announcement of Q&A session
    10:00-10:30 Q & A session - answer questions and showing additional footage - may go a bit longer - and end premiere

As far as I know, this is how it will go. If there is anything else to add or change, we will do so right here.
  17. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
  18. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well Tilford has locked himself in a small room. He has balled up naked in the fetal position in a corner and keeps mumbling something about "lets try it one more time". I don't know whats up tho. lol
  19. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Almost all of the FX shots are complete ahead of schedule. There's blaster bolts, lightsabers, holograms, tie fighters and sith lightning all over the place!!! Tilford's not looking good. Someone needs to bake him a cake.

For a quick look at the hologram effect...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dollarsignfrodofan77
    This shot will not be in the final film. haha pv!
  20. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Looks good. Six days and counting. And I think Tilford will need a lot more than a cake once its all said and done.
  21. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Guys,
    I really hope alot of the club is going to try to make it out to the premier this weekend. We really need some of our costumed members to suit up if you can. Also, I was hoping that all our club members could wear thier club shirts and or member badges, I'd love for us to have an almost overwelming presence at this con. I really hope to see you guys there, were gonna have alot of fun and I don't want any member to miss out. Please post below if you plan on attending. pv
  22. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be there. As will the pimptrooper.:cool:
  23. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jedi Josh will be there in costume, but late in the day since Julia wants to be there and doesn't get off work until 4 or 5. I can make her wear my XL PIMPS shirt! *lol*
  24. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Anyone have the physical address of the Con? And the website says the con closes at 6 on Saturday. Does this bump everything up 2 hrs?
  25. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    The mall's address is: 3049 williams st. suite 134 cape girardeau MO 63703.

Thats a good question about when it closes. I was wondering the same.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.