main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON ~Fanboy_Solo's FanFilm~

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Fanboy_Solo, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Hey everyone,
    After getting some story ideas from John and Amy, I am getting back to work on my Fan Film. I will be in charge with help from members who wish to participate.

We will try to make this as fun and worthwhile as possible. I will keep those interested informed. If you wish to contribute, or email me at han_youngjediniagara@hotmail.com or post here. Just a note: those who do not wish to make a serious commitement need not apply. I am only saying this to make as least stressful as possible.
    his is what I can say so far:

Another thing, even though this fanfilm will be for YJN, there will be a limited amount of roles in the film. Casting decisions will be made by myself and the others involved.

So here is a little info on the different aspects of the film:

Story: The basic plotline has been written by John and Amy. I am at the moment writing the first draft of the script based on the synopsis and and notes I've made. I will still be asking for help with writing. You can email me and I will give you a copy of the synopsis and the script so far. I am asking for serious writers for this film. That way the script can be taken care of as soon as possible.

Casting: There are a limited number of roles. There are approximately 5-7 MAIN roles in the film. Thse include Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo, and the Jedi. There are other minor and extra roles. These include Imperial forces (ie. stormtroopers, pilots, royal guards and pilots) These may change as the story goes through changes. This means I am looking for an average of 10-15 actors.

Actors will be casted once the story has been finalized. Auditions will be held for some of the roles. If you own a character costume, you will have a better chance of being casted. If you do not wish to act, lettting us use your costumes would be GREATLY appreciated.

Crew: There will be many jobs available for behind-the scenes work. Pre-production jobs include writers, sketch artists, production designer (sets, locations) and storyboard artists.

Jobs needed during filming will include: Camera operator, property master, lighting, makeup among others.

Post production jobs will include editor, sound editor, visual effects artist and more.

Shooting: If the story and preproduction is finished by June, I hope to do all outdoor shooting during the summer. Any indoor and studio shooting can be done during the summer and fall.

Meetings: For those interested in working on this film, I hope to hold meetings at least once a month, for different aspects of the film, or everyone working on it. The dates will be determined once more progress has been made.

That's about it for now. If you're interested in helping out, sign in here and we can discuss it. Also, email me at han_youngjediniagara@hotmail.com to tell me you're interested.

2. Launch

Launch Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'll gladly help in any way i can... although seeing im so far.... :(

3. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    You know I'm in.

4. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, I would love to be IN the movie, but it seems that someone has already gotten the ONE female role. :p

5. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Don't worry. Nobody has been casted yet.

6. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Well you know that I am in....I'll help in anyway I can, just ask but I have no experience in film making so I'm not sure what I can do to help but act and the use of my costumes

7. Kazama

Kazama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    If I can help you guys just give me a shout.

8. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm in, not sure what I'll do.. I was the crew for the play that took gold at Sears Drama fest when I was in grade 10, it that helps....

I can try out for a part tho too if ya'll wanted me to.... its up to you!

Shaden

9. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Script Update:The rough draft of the script is almost at the halfway point. I would like anyone interested in helping write the revised drafts to sign up here.
    Keep in mind that I'm not asking for a team of writers, rather 1-3 writers who wish to offer suggestions and assist in writing. Any writers who are interested/experience in writing Star Wars fiction would be great. You can also email me at Han_YoungJediNiagara@hotmail.com and I can send you the script I have written so far as well as more details relating to writing the script. Once the rough draft has been completed I would like to hold a meeting with potential writers to go over the complete rough draft to revise, rewrite, offer suggestions, make changes.

10. Launch

Launch Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'd love to hun :)

11. Darth_Pestilence

Darth_Pestilence Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, I'm still in.

If you want proof of fanfic experience, I'll bring my seven full binders of two years of fanfiction to the next YJN event.

-The Grand High Chancellor Amethyst

12. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    No problem Amy. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll send out my draft copy of the script. Seeing as how I wrote it, some of the dialougue is very...er... dumb and should be considered "filler" material. I hope to have it revised by writers such as yourself and others who wish to help.

13. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Just to let you know, I'm in the last stages of the first draft. I hope to email a copy to any interested writers early next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.