FANBOYS - 1/18/2008.

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by StacyD, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StacyD Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was perusing Cineplex.com for a movie to watch this weekend when I caught wind of this:

http://www.cineplex.com/Movies/MovieDetails/0CA640CB/Fan_Boys.aspx

Dream? Hoax? Imaginary story?

2. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    The page won't load (says error - page does not exist)...??

Whad it say? Whad it say??!!!
  3. StacyD Jedi Knight

star 2
    Apparently that the film will be released on Friday the 18th of this month. So far I can't seem to find anything to confirm this, though IMDB actually seems to indicate it'll be out Monday the 14th. . .

I swear, if they're messing with me on this I'll smite 'em. :mad:

Stacy
  4. Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Knight

star 1
    It says on www.calgarymovies.com that Fan Boys is out on friday the 18th. But not where it's playing?...
  5. StacyD Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, no showtimes posted for cineplex either. I guess we'll get more info within the week.

But still, this better be legit.
  6. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I better get more of my Anakin costume done for the release.
  7. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Just a note: www.calgarymovies.com is one of the worst sites for reporting false news. They rarely get showtimes correct (we get so many complaints at the Chinook about them).

I'm working tonight so I'll see what I can find out about it.
  8. StacyD Jedi Knight

star 2
    Please do Echo, I really am in dire need to see this thing. I've been psyched since I saw the trailer and caught the footage at CIV.

Stacy
  9. nobodyfresh Jedi Knight

star 1
    http://www.cineplex.com/Movies/FamousNews/FamousMagazine/January%202008.aspx?FamousArticles=11819

About half way down the page Cineplex.com says that this is coming out on the 18th
  10. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    If it's out we need to go.
  11. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ohh'' Jay and I have been waiting for a while for this! As soon as its out we need to go ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Maybe we could go as a group for this event...Whhooohhhhooo could be fun![face_hypnotized]
  12. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    IF it really is coming out that day (weekend), there is NO WAY I can make it. The Banff Springs is once again hosting the Celebrity Sports Invitational (aka Celebrity Ski).
  13. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    I've been harranguing my contacts at Chinook, however they they tell me that because the movie is a limited release (independant film), they do NOT have it on their release schedule. Places like Toronto will get it (because they have a much broader indie circuit), but it's unlikey that we will - unless it makes an obscene amount of money in it's first week.

I've been told to check with them on Tuesday afternoon, as that's when they're notified if there are any changes to the upcoming weekends release schedule. I'll be on the beach in Mexico next week, so if you folks want to call, here's the number:
    212-8098

14. Vadersmistress66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll have a look at the Uptown and Plaza, they get alot of the independants and it's like 2 blocks away from my office...
  15. winbrant Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, this adds another interesting twist to this "floating" release...:rolleyes:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Fanboys_To_Be_ReEdited_111512.asp

and more...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35273

16. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    I think this movie will come out next January by the sounds of it and have to agree with the article if they take the cancer story out of the movie it will lose it's heart. Just don't want this movie to be some pointless comedy as the reason this movie is going to be great is the story.

Guess will have to see keep the updates or rumors coming.
  17. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Have any of you visited the Fanboys myspace page? There's a great entry about the van used in the film - and it's the COOLEST DAMN THING!! Check out the pics and DROOL with ENVY.

I'm still dreaming about it.....=P~
  18. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like the Weinsteins have relented and Fanboys is back in the hands of it's original writer/director!! Yay!! Movie is scheduled to be released later this year :D

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37414
  19. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    That is excellent news! Thanks for the update Yrol!
  20. nobodyfresh Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hot on the heels of news of the exclusive Comic Con 2008 screening of Fanboys, the official site of the Weinstein Company has listed a September release for the film. No exact date has beem set.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.